PDA

View Full Version : 12 conference games left.

State82
04-24-2015, 10:07 AM
How many do we need to make Hoover? 5 or 6? It's a sad commentary that we have to resort to scoreboard watching just hoping to keep 2 teams behind us to make the conference tourney. It's purely selfish for me because I go with a few buddies every year for the first 2-3 days and watch baseball all day and night. I hate going when we're not in it. There's always hope I guess.

confucius say
04-24-2015, 10:29 AM
Prob need to get 5 more wins I would think. Feels like apathy has set in amongst the fan base in regards to this team. Deservedly so.

WPDawg
04-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Prob need to get 5 more wins I would think. Feels like apathy has set in amongst the fan base in regards to this team. Deservedly so.

So we should not support them because we "deserve" better as "fans". We arent as good as we hoped but I am still pulling for them to to come from behind and pull off some underdog upsets. Expectations were to high. Realize what we have and cheer this bunch forward.

DogDaddy
04-24-2015, 10:48 AM

In my opinion, a fan is a fan regardless of the outcome of games. If your loyalty toward the team is dependent upon wins/losses...I would venture to say you're really not much of a fan......or at best a bandwagon fan.

confucius say
04-24-2015, 10:52 AM
So we should not support them because we "deserve" better as "fans". We arent as good as we hoped but I am still pulling for them to to come from behind and pull off some underdog upsets. Expectations were to high. Realize what we have and cheer this bunch forward.

I will watch/listen to every game and hope we win, or at least improve. My point is the excitement from our fan base is not what it normally is this time of year and that is understandable given our season.

confucius say
04-24-2015, 10:56 AM
In my opinion, a fan is a fan regardless of the outcome of games. If your loyalty toward the team is dependent upon wins/losses...I would venture to say you're really not much of a fan......or at best a bandwagon fan.

I agree on loyalty. I will always be loyal to our teams. And I personally will stay locked in to every game we play. But again, the excitement of our fan base is not what it normally is, and that is bc we are losing. I can't fault a fan for being less glued-in to this team than teams in the past 4 years.

CJDAWG85
04-24-2015, 11:00 AM
I really hope we win every game, but I'm just very disappointed in this team. From the lack of leadership to micromanaging from Cohen. This has been a dumpster fire of a year. Cohen better get his shit together. If we don't make the postseason at all this year, 2013 doesn't mean much anymore.

BulldogBear
04-24-2015, 11:34 AM
If we don't make the postseason at all this year, 2013 doesn't mean much anymore.

This^

And it hurts inside to say that

Quaoarsking
04-24-2015, 01:00 PM
Let's tone down the overdramatics. Does 1985 not mean anything because we weren't good in 1986?

basedog
04-24-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm hoping for us to make the SEC tourney and I will always pull for our baseball program regardless (and other Msu programs) but I can't see 5 wins, maybe 3, this team just doesn't have the "talent and no how to win" this year. It's really sad to see how bad we are this year, close games or not it's all about winning. I also think this may be the biggest collapse I have seen in our baseball teams, maybe ever. Not sure exactly what the problem(s) are but we have them! No tourney play this year boys.

HailState!