PDA

View Full Version : Who gets Gameday for week #2?

missouridawg
04-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Oklahoma at Tennessee
Notre Dame at UVA
Oregon at Michigan State
LSU at Mississippi State

Oregon State at Michigan is also out there.

We'd have the best returning QB in the nation vs one of the best D's in the nation.

Dawg496
04-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Looking at that list and the hype that's surrounding Tennessee this year plus the fact that Oklahoma is consistently the most overhyped team in the country, I don't know how it won't be in Knoxville.

If we were somehow preseason ranked in the Top 20 I could see it but as it stands we're probably the third choice (Oregon/other MSU being #2).

FISHDAWG
04-23-2015, 10:24 AM
probably not gameday but CBS will pick us up I'm betting

BeardoMSU
04-23-2015, 10:38 AM

that or the SEC Nation game.

confucius say
04-23-2015, 10:43 AM

CBS 230 games don't start until week 3. You can thank us open tennis for that. We will likely get espn night game though. Although I just assume play Lsu at 11.

Bothrops
04-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Knoxville or East Lansing

Coach34
04-23-2015, 11:09 AM
CBS 230 games don't start until week 3. You can thank us open tennis for that. We will likely get espn night game though. Although I just assume play Lsu at 11.

Hayyyyyyyle nooooooo. It will be 100 degrees on Sept 12th at 11am

Dallas_Dawg
04-23-2015, 11:38 AM
That ****ing sucks then. We always have to play those coon asses at night at their place

confucius say
04-23-2015, 11:43 AM
Hayyyyyyyle nooooooo. It will be 100 degrees on Sept 12th at 11am

True, but I was looking at it from the view that Lsu, historically, doesn't play as well in the morning as they do at night. Maybe that's just perception, but seems to be the case.

Dawg496
04-23-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't think we'd be in the morning. Here is last year's Week 2 schedule:

Saturday, Sept. 6
Arkansas State at Tennessee – Noon, SEC Network Alt.
Florida Atlantic at #2 Alabama – Noon, SEC Network
#24 Missouri at Toledo – Noon, ESPN
UAB at Mississippi State – 2pm, ESPN3
Ohio at Kentucky – 3:30pm, ESPNU
Eastern Michigan at Florida – 4pm, SEC Network
Nicholls State at Arkansas – 4pm, SEC Network Alt.
#15 Ole Miss at Vanderbilt* – 4:30pm, ESPN
East Carolina at #21 South Carolina – 7pm, ESPNU
San Jose State at #5 Auburn – 7pm, ESPN2
Sam Houston State at #12 LSU – 7:30 pm, SEC Network
Lamar at #9 Texas A&M – 7:30 pm, SEC Network Alt.

There wasn't any marquee games last year but the best thing for us if not Gameday would be for Tennessee to get it so they would be the ESPN night slot. They might push us to the 6:30 SEC Network game or the 3:30 preceding the night game.

DudyDawg
04-23-2015, 12:12 PM
They just announced that Oregon Mich State will be the 7 pm abc/ESPN/espn2 game, so I bet that'll be game day

missouridawg
04-23-2015, 12:15 PM
East Lansing Gameday went to Oregon for this matchup last season. I think that may play into them NOT choosing the game this year... if another matchup is juicy enough.

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Just another of the disadvantages of not getting respect early on. If we were ranked in the Top 10 to 15 then it would greatly enhance our chances of getting Gameday in an early matchup. If we are ranked at all in the second week it probably won't be higher than #20.

Barking 13
04-23-2015, 01:02 PM
I know it's a big deal to some folks, but what's the big appeal of having Corso and company come disrespect you on your home turf? I can't stand to watch it. I know it's exposure and all, but it's not like having Led Zepplin play before the game or something... not that big of a deal to me...

Dawg496
04-23-2015, 01:09 PM
I know it's a big deal to some folks, but what's the big appeal of having Corso and company come disrespect you on your home turf? I can't stand to watch it. I know it's exposure and all, but it's not like having Led Zepplin play before the game or something... not that big of a deal to me...

They didn't disrespect us at all last they were here. They were hugely complimentary of our atmosphere, fan support, facilities, team, everything. Gameday is a nuisance to the folks going to the game but it is enormous in terms of exposure to the country. For three hours straight we have a chance to dispel all of the false notions that people seem to have of Starkville and the University. The publicity that comes from it can't be overstated. If not LSU, we will have another chance when Alabama rolls into town. Hell they could come for both games provided we don't have multiple losses by Alabama.

missouridawg
04-23-2015, 01:13 PM

The ability to change the perception of how the country views Starkvegas is priceless.

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 01:17 PM
They didn't disrespect us at all last they were here. They were hugely complimentary of our atmosphere, fan support, facilities, team, everything. Gameday is a nuisance to the folks going to the game but it is enormous in terms of exposure to the country. For three hours straight we have a chance to dispel all of the false notions that people seem to have of Starkville and the University. The publicity that comes from it can't be overstated. If not LSU, we will have another chance when Alabama rolls into town. Hell they could come for both games provided we don't have multiple losses by Alabama.

Exactly, Corso put on the Bulldog head.

LC Dawg
04-23-2015, 01:21 PM

I know it doesn't have as much exposure nationally but I would rather have SEC Nation than GameDay. I thought those guys really gave us more respect than the GameDay guys did. I just got the feeling that the GameDay guys felt we were going to be exposed by Auburn so they didn't act like we were a big deal during the show. As I remember it they were more complimentary of us after the game in interviews than they were during the show but I could be remembering incorrectly.
I would, though, like to place my vote for the Zeppelin pregame show over all other options.

Barking 13
04-23-2015, 01:33 PM
I know it doesn't have as much exposure nationally but I would rather have SEC Nation than GameDay. I thought those guys really gave us more respect than the GameDay guys did. I just got the feeling that the GameDay guys felt we were going to be exposed by Auburn so they didn't act like we were a big deal during the show. As I remember it they were more complimentary of us after the game in interviews than they were during the show but I could be remembering incorrectly.
I would, though, like to place my vote for the Zeppelin pregame show over all other options.

we all know that's not going to happen anyway... lol I understand the exposure factor, but those guys just rub me the wrong way. And having Spears and Finebaum is not much better. I guess it is what it is, and I'll continue to do my normal Saturday routine that doesn't include "gameday"... Unless they do come, and I might watch..lol

DawgHouseUnited
04-23-2015, 02:49 PM

I certainly remember hearing alllll about Tebow from almost every female within a 5 mile radius when they were there last year.

Pollodawg
04-23-2015, 09:01 PM

Double-edged sword here. LSU plays differently during day games. I don't know why, but they do. So, with them coming to Starkville during the day, that would set us up a little easier for the W, I think. However, 11 AM crowds normally suck. So, there's that to contend with.

justwin
04-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Oklahoma at Tennessee
Notre Dame at UVA
Oregon at Michigan State
LSU at Mississippi State

Oregon State at Michigan is also out there.

We'd have the best returning QB in the nation vs one of the best D's in the nation.

Honestly, I like SEC Live better. Corso is stupid. Yeah, Washington State...got it...you go to all Gamedays. Oh what is Tom Rinaldi human interest story going to be about this week.t Some 3rd cousin first removed who got into a car wreck with the starting DT of the CBS game? Great, yeah...don't bring me down Tom, kind want to drink beer and watch football instead, please. I thought SEC Live gets pretty good in depth pregame analysis on the 6 games I'll follow that day. Hell, it's who I'm betting on.

However, Tebow is going to very hard to replace on SEC Live. Finebaum needs less time and I think you got to put McElroy on the panel in place of Finebaum. Let Finebaum and LSU homer duke it out in studio when everyone's taking a piss. I just hope Stinchcomb isn't in consideration to replace Tebow.

I struggle on who will replace Tebow. The weekly Hulk Hogan thing was cool and he really understood what winning in the SEC takes. Gruden? Dikta? I just don't know.

ShotgunDawg
04-23-2015, 11:21 PM
Double-edged sword here. LSU plays differently during day games. I don't know why, but they do. So, with them coming to Starkville during the day, that would set us up a little easier for the W, I think. However, 11 AM crowds normally suck. So, there's that to contend with.

Sheesh, are people still buying into this theory? I thought that was so 5 years ago...

FWIW, all 4 of their regular season losses last season came at night.

MSU
@Auburn
Alabama
@ Arkansas

Pollodawg
04-24-2015, 12:03 AM
Sheesh, are people still buying into this theory? I thought that was so 5 years ago...

FWIW, all 4 of their regular season losses last season came at night.

MSU
@Auburn
Alabama
@ Arkansas

So, you think atmosphere doesn't make a difference? Kick off time effects atmosphere, bud, which effects the game over all. Why else do you think they had some ridiculous record in BR at night before Dak and Co. came along and tore them a new one down there?

missouridawg
04-24-2015, 07:19 AM
LSU plays differently during day games.

They play differently when compared to home day games versus home night games. I don't think that day/night correlation has anything to do with road games.

Pollodawg
04-24-2015, 11:13 AM
They play differently when compared to home day games versus home night games. I don't think that day/night correlation has anything to do with road games.

This is probably true. My larger point was that crowd size effects atmosphere, which has an effect on the overall game. A day game normally sucks as far as atmosphere goes with the AM game being the notable exception last season.