PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any advice....

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2015, 09:57 PM
On how to get rid of moles? The little bastards are trying to take over my yard.

SpeckleDawg
04-22-2015, 10:20 PM
We have had the same problem for the last couple years. We tried poisons and other stuff within little success. One day a stray cat showed up and killed a mole. Once we started feeding him, he hung around and has killed 5+ of them.

Barking 13
04-22-2015, 10:34 PM
mole traps.. you can get them at the co-op. put them at the end of new tunnels and a couple feet back from that at the first intersection. you may have to chase them for a couple days, but eventually you'll get them. I had like five of them and it took nearly a month to get them all.

http://www.zoro.com/i/G4697156/?utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2015, 01:46 AM
We have had the same problem for the last couple years. We tried poisons and other stuff within little success. One day a stray cat showed up and killed a mole. Once we started feeding him, he hung around and has killed 5+ of them.

Growing up I had a dog who's favorite thing in the world was hunting moles. Sadly, she's long since passed. I'd kill to have her back. She'd eradicate the moles quick, fast, and in a hurry.

FISHDAWG
04-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Growing up I had a dog who's favorite thing in the world was hunting moles. Sadly, she's long since passed. I'd kill to have her back. She'd eradicate the moles quick, fast, and in a hurry.

the minature German Schauser was originally bred just for this exact purpose

basedog
04-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Get a cat, if anything crawls, flies, hops or jumps game over at my house.

Martianlander
04-23-2015, 09:57 AM
mole traps.. you can get them at the co-op. put them at the end of new tunnels and a couple feet back from that at the first intersection. you may have to chase them for a couple days, but eventually you'll get them. I had like five of them and it took nearly a month to get them all.

http://www.zoro.com/i/G4697156/?utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA

Old fashion way-mole traps-are a good way-and you don't have to feed them.

TUSK
04-30-2015, 06:06 PM
A "Chi Bo" will straight up oppress some moles... it's a trash dog (small) but they are really smart and very good watch dogs, too... mine is not overly vocal, either.

basedog
05-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Update, my cat has killed 3 moles this past week plus a small copper head, "Tiger" is bad ass to say the least.

SpeckleDawg
05-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Update, my cat has killed 3 moles this past week plus a small copper head, "Tiger" is bad ass to say the least.

Awesome. The one that showed up at our house has been dubbed "Freddy", as in Freddy Krueger. He's one bad SOB.

basedog
05-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Awesome. The one that showed up at our house has been dubbed "Freddy", as in Freddy Krueger. He's one bad SOB.

Lmao off dude, "Tiger" is pretty bad ass himself, I had him nurtured hoping it would calm him down, the vet said Tiger was the meanest cat he's seen in quite a while. But let something hop, crawl or fly on my 3 acres and they are dead meat.

chainedup_Dawg
05-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Lmao off dude, "Tiger" is pretty bad ass himself, I had him nurtured hoping it would calm him down, the vet said Tiger was the meanest cat he's seen in quite a while. But let something hop, crawl or fly on my 3 acres and they are dead meat.

I'm with y'all. I hate cats but if anybody messes with ours I'll be pissed. That heffer has killed squirrels, mice, rats, snakes, moles she got in a fight with an armadillo the other day that i missed with the crossbow. She even has killed two bats, she kinda scares me