PDA

View Full Version : Gary Parrish...

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Everyone knows it's going to happen Gary. Let the kid have his moment and announce on his own time.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25159355/five-star-recruit-malik-newman-plans-to-commit-to-mississippi-state

Coach34
04-22-2015, 02:57 PM
EliteDawgs called this a month ago. Crackerjack work Gary

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 03:03 PM
It just bugs me that he had to put this out right now... Let Newman have his announcement party with a little suspense.

On the plus side, I bet the CL is PISSED. LOL.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Yea I hate the kid doesn't get to have his day but again "WE" all knew where he was going for some time but it is kind of cheesy that he has to 1 up the process. Yea Cronin & the CL have to be a little bummed bc they've been hyping this streaming deal non stop.
On a lighter note I'm taking odds on OM announcing a football commit Friday or Saturday. Any takers?

War Machine Dawg
04-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Damn, let the kid have his day. And since it's basically official, let me be the first to ask: Is it pronounced May-lick, Muh-leek, or May-leek?

starkvegasdawg
04-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Yea I hate the kid doesn't get to have his day but again "WE" all knew where he was going for some time but it is kind of cheesy that he has to 1 up the process. Yea Cronin & the CL have to be a little bummed bc they've been hyping this streaming deal non stop.
On a lighter note I'm taking odds on OM announcing a football commit Friday or Saturday. Any takers?

Prolly a 6 star with an offer from the Seahawks.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-22-2015, 03:12 PM
Damn, let the kid have his day. And since it's basically official, let me be the first to ask: Is it pronounced May-lick, Muh-leek, or May-leek?

Muh-leek

BulldogBear
04-22-2015, 03:13 PM

No. Whether I risk $1 or $1 million... I'll lose it.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Prolly a 6 star with an offer from the Seahawks.

And they'll probably flip a recruit already committed to them. #winthepresser

BulldogBear
04-22-2015, 03:15 PM
No. Whether I risk $1 or $1 million... I'll lose it.

Wait, I think I got backwards. Odds are they will? Please but me down for $1 Billion, I don't care what the odds are***

msstate7
04-22-2015, 03:16 PM

After they announce that commit, exactly 2 mins later hopefully we can announce kasongo or maybe lashley

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 03:27 PM
What I've learned from Kentucky fans in the past 15 minutes:

Apparently you can't get to the NBA unless you go to UK.
Malik Newman will never be heard from again.
Ben Howland is a terrible coach who ruins careers.
Malik Newman is a selfish ball-hog because he didn't choose UK.
Malik Newman is a terrible human being because he didn't choose UK.
Malik Newman has no morals and isn't a hard worker because he didn't choose UK.
MSU is obviously paying him, because Coach Cal and UK never do that.

My God, that group of people takes the cake. Now I remember why I can't ****ing stand Kentucky basketball fans.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-22-2015, 03:29 PM
What I've learned from Kentucky fans in the past 15 minutes:

Apparently you can't get to the NBA unless you go to UK.
Malik Newman will never be heard from again.
Ben Howland is a terrible coach who ruins careers.
Malik Newman is a selfish ball-hog because he didn't choose UK.
Malik Newman is a terrible human being because he didn't choose UK.
Malik Newman has no morals and isn't a hard worker because he didn't choose UK.
MSU is obviously paying him, because Coach Cal and UK never do that.

My God, that group of people takes the cake. Now I remember why I can't ****ing stand Kentucky basketball fans.

The funny thing is LSU fans are saying the same thing. Like when did LSU & Baton Rouge become the mecca of college basketball.

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 03:31 PM
UM has cancelled their in-home visit with Newman.

TheVoiceofReason
04-22-2015, 03:33 PM
I feel horrible for Courtney Cronin. She has been all over the Newman recruitment and Parrish pulls this stunt.

msstate7
04-22-2015, 03:34 PM
The funny thing is LSU fans are saying the same thing. Like when did LSU & Baton Rouge become the mecca of college basketball.

Let the butt hurt flow. Let's get banks, simonds, kegler, peters, and one of the big 3 from Georgia and hear this crap again next season. I love it.

msstate7
04-22-2015, 03:35 PM
UM has cancelled their in-home visit with Newman.
Thank God they're backing off Malik**

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 03:38 PM
I feel horrible for Courtney Cronin. She has been all over the Newman recruitment and Parrish pulls this stunt.

Yeah, I don't feel bad at all for the CL- but I do feel bad for her. I think the Newman camp wanted her to be the one to break it after all the work she's done on him.

DudyDawg
04-22-2015, 03:42 PM
I don't feel bad for her. It's the name of the game. She didn't break it, he did, she loses. Tough shit.

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Neal McCready reporting that Newman has already signed his scholarship papers to State.

TheVoiceofReason
04-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I don't feel bad at all for the CL- but I do feel bad for her. I think the Newman camp wanted her to be the one to break it after all the work she's done on him.

Oh I could care less about the CL but the Newman camp obviously trusted her enough to let her do the documentary and it was very nicely done.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Let the butt hurt flow. Let's get banks, simonds, kegler, peters, and one of the big 3 from Georgia and hear this crap again next season. I love it.

We're not on Simonds right now. We may come back to him but the new staff hasn't called him 1 time.

LeakyD
04-22-2015, 04:03 PM
Neal McCready reporting that Newman has already signed his scholarship papers to State.

I was about to say that I had no doubts that at least one of his sources was in Oxford. Remember that Yancy tweeted that Chris Jones would sign with State around 6am on signing day. This is the best they can do to "win" when they lose. Jones probably informed Freeze of his decision who relayed it to Yancy. One of many reasons I have no respect for Freeze and co.

msstate7
04-22-2015, 04:04 PM
We're not on Simonds right now. We may come back to him but the new staff hasn't called him 1 time.

Probably saving the 2-guard for Simmons*

That would be great though

ScottH
04-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Folks like this, that do the "look at me I know something you didn't know" crap at the expense of someone else , are compensating for a shortcoming in their life.

On some front their bucket is empty and they can't do anything about it so they have to overfill a different bucket they have control over.

bluelightstar
04-22-2015, 04:20 PM
Oh I could care less about the CL but the Newman camp obviously trusted her enough to let her do the documentary and it was very nicely done.

They've already denied everything in the latest CL report.

drunkernhelldawg
04-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Sun Herald posted the story about an hour ago. I'm including the link, but you can't read without sub. It just summarizes the original article anyway.

http://www.sunherald.com/2015/04/22/6189406_report-malik-newman-plans-to-commit.html?rh=1

maroonmania
04-22-2015, 04:34 PM

Interesting given he's a 4 star recruit and apparently already has a standing relationship with McCray through the AAU team in Georgia.

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 04:35 PM
They've already denied everything in the latest CL report.

The CL is desperately trying to make this announcement suspenseful and generate clicks. I'd be pissed at whatever coaches talked to Gary Parrish, if I was Newman and his family.

Coach34
04-22-2015, 04:55 PM
The CL is desperately trying to make this announcement suspenseful and generate clicks. I'd be pissed at whatever coaches talked to Gary Parrish, if I was Newman and his family.

You can bet it was OM coaches that leaked when told their visit was cancelled. Their way of stealing the kid's thunder

DudyDawg
04-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Folks like this, that do the "look at me I know something you didn't know" crap at the expense of someone else , are compensating for a shortcoming in their life.

On some front their bucket is empty and they can't do anything about it so they have to overfill a different bucket they have control over.

Well, that's kind of his job. The job of reporting is literally to be the first one to have important information. It's dumb for people to think he's being a prick and equally as dumb to feel sorry for the CL for not being able to be first

Bully13
04-22-2015, 05:32 PM
You can bet it was OM coaches that leaked when told their visit was cancelled. Their way of stealing the kid's thunder

Ole miss sux....

C222
04-22-2015, 05:33 PM

Yep. Parrish is really close with AK and that staff.

ScottH
04-22-2015, 05:46 PM
Well, that's kind of his job. The job of reporting is literally to be the first one to have important information. I

I disagree on the level that it's a young man in high school. Not a college or pro player or coach. Break the news on college and pro.

Let the teenager have his moment. I could care less about the Clarion Ledger

I don't see scooping a high school player's announcement press conference by tweeting it out as anything but very small man syndrome.

Bothrops
04-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Everyone knows it's going to happen Gary. Let the kid have his moment and announce on his own time.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25159355/five-star-recruit-malik-newman-plans-to-commit-to-mississippi-state

That Parrish guy should be punched in the balls. I smell resentment.

RougeDawg
04-22-2015, 06:26 PM

F*ck the CL. This is exactly what they deserve after all of the anti MSU pieces the continually put out. Couldn't have happened to a better group of people.

Thick
04-22-2015, 06:32 PM
F*ck the CL. This is exactly what they deserve after all of the anti MSU pieces the continually put out. Couldn't have happened to a better group of people.

This x 1000!!!!

TXDawg
04-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Dumb question. Is Parrish the one that broke the Howland to MSU story too?

Would certainly add credibility to this rumor if he was.

drunkernhelldawg
04-22-2015, 07:32 PM
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this thread. Wasn't the source actually probably somebody in Newman's family? What's so unusual about this kind of thing leaking?

messageboardsuperhero
04-22-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this thread. Wasn't the source actually probably somebody in Newman's family? What's so unusual about this kind of thing leaking?

Because Parrish cited his sources as "coaches involved in Newman's recruitment."

maroonmania
04-22-2015, 07:58 PM

Well I think most here just want Malik to have his moment. Not sure anybody gives a rat's ass about the CL.

drunkernhelldawg
04-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Because Parrish cited his sources as "coaches involved in Newman's recruitment."

Okay. Sorry. I had tried to remove my post but there it still is. Just saying that it doesn't seem like a big deal to me for news to be coming out about a recruit of Malik's stature. Anyway, I hope he loves his time at State.

DudyDawg
04-22-2015, 08:09 PM
I disagree on the level that it's a young man in high school. Not a college or pro player or coach. Break the news on college and pro.

Let the teenager have his moment. I could care less about the Clarion Ledger

I don't see scooping a high school player's announcement press conference by tweeting it out as anything but very small man syndrome.

A reporter is literally paid to report news on things people care about and report it first. It's 2015, people don't just care about pros or college sports. People care about this stuff now, so they report it. It's their job. How's that little man syndrome?