PDA

View Full Version : Billy Donovan to the Thunder?

DudyDawg
04-22-2015, 12:54 PM
They just fired Scott Brooks, and already a lot of sources are tabbing Donovan as a serious candidate.

Political Hack
04-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Please happen.

starkvegasdawg
04-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Mullen to Thunder.

DudyDawg
04-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Mullen to Thunder.

They're after a bigger name*

RossDawg82
04-22-2015, 01:53 PM

Like Andy Kennedy big??

bgover4
04-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Nah, Even bigger...Hugh freeze!! Everyone knows he is the greatest coach ever at everything* He does have that basketball coaching experience.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2015, 02:12 PM

Maybe Freeze can make his triumphant return to the hardwood, since the whole "basketball on grass" thing hasn't translated**

Dawg61
04-22-2015, 11:30 PM
If this happens MSU immediately leapfrogs the Gatuhhs in basketball. And it'll be that way for years.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2015, 11:32 PM
If this happens MSU immediately leapfrogs the Gatuhhs in basketball. And it'll be that way for years.

Now all we need is someone to hire Calipari, and we're sittin' pretty.

Dawg61
04-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Now all we need is someone to hire Calipari, and we're sittin' pretty.

I wish I could believe that but Kentucky is just a different animal. They'll just hire someone like Marshall and he'll still be able to walk recruits down the "Hall of Millionares". Unfortunately Kentucky will always be top dog in the SEC in basketball.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2015, 11:58 PM
I wish I could believe that but Kentucky is just a different animal. They'll just hire someone like Marshall and he'll still be able to walk recruits down the "Hall of Millionares". Unfortunately Kentucky will always be top dog in the SEC in basketball.

True dat, but Calipari is just a different kind of cat, imo. The way he motivates all of these bluechips to play 20 minutes a game and focus on defense is why beating them is so difficult; not every coach can do that.

RougeDawg
04-23-2015, 12:26 AM
U

Kentucky could hire a blind monkey for a dozen bananas a week and still recruit at an elite level. 95% of Kentucky basketball recruiting occurs outside of Lexington and aside from the head coach. Similar to the Bearsharts in football even though they haven't won anything since the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor. The problem with nutt was that he didn't acknowledge the "agreements" that his recruiters "boosters" has established. The boosters had promised a version pay and specified PT, Etc. To his defense H Nutt disagreed with the chosen philosophy and was overrun by the inmates eventually. Bottom line any Bearshart football coach that doesn't step on his own Dick or flat tail,Will recruit at an elite level.

Quaoarsking
04-23-2015, 07:19 AM
How good was Billy Gillespie's recruiting there?

Hopefully they would make that type of hire again...