PDA

View Full Version : How would you feel...

ShotgunDawg
04-21-2015, 08:06 PM
If Braxton Miller transferred to Alabama?

Finebaum started this rumor today.

I don't want to make this a debate about whether Miller SHOULD be allowed to transfer without sitting out, but, if this happens, it feels cheap and non competitive.

To me, it would be along the same lines as allowing the Yankees to void the rest of Alex Rodriguez's contract or for the Angels to be able to do the same with Josh Hamilton. You would be offering forgiveness and mulligans for poor decisions.

The rules would basically be giving a mulligan to a team that has had below average QB development compared to the quality of QB recruits they are getting.

Just feels cheap

Coach34
04-21-2015, 08:10 PM
It would suck-because it would make them alot better. What they have now wont win 10 games- and Saban knows it

archdog
04-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Why should he be allowed to transfer. I have an issue with former starters transfering when they have been replaced. Man up.

Todd4State
04-21-2015, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't feel as good about our chances against them.

That said, I'm confused about what Alabama is doing. They want to be a pro style offense- but they're going after dual threat guys?

It just seems to me that players would research things like that and understand that they are going to be featured for a lack of better words in certain styles of offenses vs. others. Like Masoli going to Ole Miss really didn't fit what they liked to do at that time.

Todd4State
04-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Why should he be allowed to transfer. I have an issue with former starters transfering when they have been replaced. Man up.

I can understand why players- QB's in particular transfer out. Only one guy is going to get to play most of the snaps in most cases. To me the issue is the NCAA having loopholes and not consistently enforcing their own rules. If a guy transfers make them sit out a year. This is harsh, but if you have an ill family member and they really need a player to assist them at home- then sitting out is probably a blessing for that player so that they can do what they need to do for their family. If my family needed me and I was forced to move, I wouldn't move somewhere two hours or more away.

To me, the only instance when a player should be allowed to transfer out and be immediately eligible is if the program that they are currently playing for shuts down like UAB or gets put on probation.

Coach34
04-21-2015, 08:48 PM
I wouldn't feel as good about our chances against them.

That said, I'm confused about what Alabama is doing. They want to be a pro style offense- but they're going after dual threat guys?.

Miller has much more talent and experience than any QB they currently have- they dont care what kind of QB he is. What they have at QB right now will have them at 9-3 or 8-4

Quaoarsking
04-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Miller should go to Houston, where they were so bad at QB last year they moved a WR over mid-year (to his credit he wasn't bad though), and just hired Ohio State's OC who is going to install the same offense there.

Houston with Braxton Miller at QB would probably be the G5 New Year's Six representative. No need for him to disrupt the SEC.

justwin
04-21-2015, 09:04 PM

I don't want to make this a debate about whether Miller SHOULD be allowed to transfer without sitting out, but, if this happens, it feels cheap and non competitive.

To me, it would be along the same lines as allowing the Yankees to void the rest of Alex Rodriguez's contract or for the Angels to be able to do the same with Josh Hamilton. You would be offering forgiveness and mulligans for poor decisions.

The rules would basically be giving a mulligan to a team that has had below average QB development compared to the quality of QB recruits they are getting.

Just feels cheap

It would be the Cam Newton vs Will Redmond saga all over again. Cam gets $ and is allowed to play b/c Slive & the SEC were "out to lunch" while Will loses a year of eligibility for doing nothing. Different rules for different players and it's blatantly disgusting.

TUSK
04-21-2015, 09:14 PM

Just feels cheap

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if this happened... More talent is always welcome in The Process.

I don't see it as "cheap", at all... if a kid wants to go JUCO, Transfer to another school, or go to the NFL, "Why not?"...

or am I missing a potential rules violation?

BeardoMSU
04-21-2015, 09:18 PM
I don't see it as "cheap", at all...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/you-dont-say.gif

TUSK
04-21-2015, 09:23 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/06/you-dont-say.gif

you're better than that.... I've seen your work on the other board...

don't be lazy, buddy.

RougeDawg
04-21-2015, 10:35 PM

don't be lazy, buddy.

Yes and we figured you had more integrity than most Bammers. Your posts in here are more Bear like than Bama. And By "Bear like" I mean Bearshart fans would cheer Hitler if they thought he helped them them win games. They'd be ok with bumping off a half dozen people as long as the crimes were covered up and they got a couple more wins. To me integrity is something you can't get back after you damage it. But then again when looking back on how the bear cheated and manipulated the system, I see that Bama has been cheating forever.

BeardoMSU
04-21-2015, 10:39 PM

don't be lazy, buddy.

Shame....I thought this was some of my best work....

What other board? SPS? I hardly poster there; this is definitely my primary board, and most certainly where I try to express myself via appropriate .gifs :mad:

TUSK
04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Shame....I thought this was some of my best work....

What other board? SPS? I hardly poster there; this is definitely my primary board, and most certainly where I try to express myself via appropriate .gifs :mad:

meant Poli forum, Beard... not another "board"... it was a compliment, bro....

TUSK
04-21-2015, 10:42 PM
Yes and we figured you had more integrity than most Bammers. Your posts in here are more Bear like than Bama. And By "Bear like" I mean Bearshart fans would cheer Hitler if they thought he helped them them win games. They'd be ok with bumping off a half dozen people as long as the crimes were covered up and they got a couple more wins. To me integrity is something you can't get back after you damage it. But then again when looking back on how the bear cheated and manipulated the system, I see that Bama has been cheating forever.

yep, Bama has a long history of cheatin... this is fact... JWS was one of Bear's best disciples...

by the way, wtf are you talkin' about, daddio?

BeardoMSU
04-21-2015, 10:44 PM
meant Poli forum, Beard... not another "board"... it was a compliment, bro....

Haha, well, I've lost my sensitivity to Bammer humor as it's been awhile since I've been to T-town, but I appreciate it.

I'm on self-assigned leave from the Political Forum, but glad you miss me ;)

1bigdawg
04-22-2015, 12:16 AM

The difference between TUSK and the TSUNers is that he is an open Bama fan. The dark side guys come over here and pretend they are Bulldogs. TUSk doesn't hide that he is a Bama homer.

FISHDAWG
04-22-2015, 07:43 AM
Miller has much more talent and experience than any QB they currently have- they dont care what kind of QB he is. What they have at QB right now will have them at 9-3 or 8-4

isn't that the same guy that took them to the NCG ? ... or did he graduate ?

maroonmania
04-22-2015, 09:07 AM
I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if this happened... More talent is always welcome in The Process.

I don't see it as "cheap", at all... if a kid wants to go JUCO, Transfer to another school, or go to the NFL, "Why not?"...

or am I missing a potential rules violation?

Well what happened to the supposed rule that you can't transfer into an SEC school from another D1 school with only one year of eligibility left? Also, I thought the SEC had even cut out that one year option for Grad students who want to transfer for Grad school but have one year of eligiblity left? I had been told that a case like the Clemson LB we got a few years back who was in Grad school couldn't happen any more? And what about Braxton Miller's transfer would allow him to avoid sitting out a year? Does he have a sick Granny in Tuscaloosa?

BulldogBear
04-22-2015, 09:14 AM
The difference between TUSK and the TSUNers is that he is an open Bama fan. The dark side guys come over here and pretend they are Bulldogs. TUSk doesn't hide that he is a Bama homer.

on his worst day he's still not a beardshark!

TheVoiceofReason
04-22-2015, 03:42 PM
It would suck! We really need to beat them at home this year and that would definitely make them better.