PDA

View Full Version : The hump

msstate7
04-21-2015, 06:48 AM
Are there any improvements planned? With howland running the program and on the cusp of adding Malik and Malik, I can't think of a better time to get things done

BiscuitEater
04-21-2015, 06:56 AM
Are there any improvements planned?

Biggest 'improvement' would be .. to put ~ 4 - 5000 more butts in seats. That would make more 'difference' than anything I can think of right now. Consolidate students into ONE loud location.

It feels good to finally be a 'united maroon nation' behind a basketball coach again!

msstate7
04-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Biggest 'improvement' would be .. to put ~ 4 - 5000 more butts in seats. That would make more 'difference' than anything I can think of right now. Consolidate students into ONE loud location.

It feels good to finally be a 'united maroon nation' behind a basketball coach again!

I agree. I think attendance is gonna explode this year.

I would like to improve scoreboards on the end though

Ifyouonlyknew
04-21-2015, 07:09 AM
Any improvements to the Hump will be to the concourse area. Adding more open space to make it look more modern.

Schultzy
04-21-2015, 07:11 AM
I think 10,000 is plenty but if they ever raise the roof it will be for skyboxes.

engie
04-21-2015, 07:26 AM
The rest of the scoreboards are being redone this offseason.

The two remaining sides of it away from Dudy Noble are going to be renovated to match the Mize Pavilion/new campus architecture and squared off. We'll eventually renovate in skyboxes between the levels. Should have been doing this already IMO. The Dudy Noble side will be interesting because there is already very little room over there and it's about to be less with the new baseball stadium...

shannondawg
04-21-2015, 07:28 AM
For the life of me, I can't see why anyone would want a skybox for basketball, but they do. But, then I don't care for sitting in a skybox for football. I just as soon be in my chair at home.

state66
04-21-2015, 09:12 AM
I would be happy if they just put new TV's in the concourse area. If you go to a concession stand you cant follow the game and the TV's they do have look like they are from the 70's and are so small its not worth looking at. Hey Stricklin get some new TV's in the concourse and add more of them while your at it.

Maroons
04-21-2015, 09:19 AM
I would be happy if they just put new TV's in the concourse area. If you go to a concession stand you cant follow the game and the TV's they do have look like they are from the 70's and are so small its not worth looking at. Hey Stricklin get some new TV's in the concourse and add more of them while your at it.

Stay in your seat and cheer during live action and you won't care if there's a tv in the concourse.

starkvegasdawg
04-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Stay in your seat and cheer during live action and you won't care if there's a tv in the concourse.

When you gotta go you gotta go.

Jacksondevildog
04-21-2015, 09:22 AM
Delete

Jacksondevildog
04-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Some people have to have their buffet meals during the game and walk their fat ass in front of you 15 times during the game.

Liverpooldawg
04-21-2015, 09:24 AM
The students are in one section now.

msstate7
04-21-2015, 10:28 AM

You ever taken a kid with you? Sometimes you have no option

state66
04-21-2015, 11:05 AM
It just looks like shit. God forbid we cant put a couple thousand into some new TV's that would enhance the concourse atmosphere and keep you involved in the game if you just so happened to walk to take a piss.

mstatefan91
04-21-2015, 11:51 AM
It just looks like shit. God forbid we cant put a couple thousand into some new TV's that would enhance the concourse atmosphere and keep you involved in the game if you just so happened to walk to take a piss.

This is a good idea.

Sometimes people have kids. Kids like popcorn, nachos, coke, peanuts etc... Sometimes you don't want to wait 30 minutes to get them to stop whining about it, or you just want to make them happy anyway since you are spending time with them. New TV's are a great idea

maroonmania
04-21-2015, 12:00 PM

Sorry, but this is just a dumb response. Why would it be a good idea to have TVs for people to follow the game at concessions for football (which we have) and not basketball? Its the same reason to do it for both.

RougeDawg
04-21-2015, 12:25 PM
When you gotta go you gotta go.

And when you go just before a break in action you can get back to your seat much faster and don't miss more of the game waiting in line with every other person who left after the break.

Bothrops
04-21-2015, 12:26 PM
For the life of me, I can't see why anyone would want a skybox for basketball, but they do. But, then I don't care for sitting in a skybox for football. I just as soon be in my chair at home.

Agree. I don't understand why someone would want a skybox at a college basketball venue that seats under 15k. I can kinda understand in places like Kentucky, or NBA where the facilities are twice the size and the fans are beyond crazy, but not for smaller arenas.

Football is a whole different animal, there are tons more people and boxes shield from the elements when weather is bad. Sometimes that's a nice thing.

shannondawg
04-21-2015, 12:52 PM
I do like the convenience of a bathoom in the suites, other than that no. I sit in the chairbacks so rain is not a factor for me. I was strictly speaking for myself.

Johnson85
04-21-2015, 01:21 PM
Agree. I don't understand why someone would want a skybox at a college basketball venue that seats under 15k. I can kinda understand in places like Kentucky, or NBA where the facilities are twice the size and the fans are beyond crazy, but not for smaller arenas.

Football is a whole different animal, there are tons more people and boxes shield from the elements when weather is bad. Sometimes that's a nice thing.

SKyboxes are still nice for college basketball, so I can understand why somebody would want one. But I guess I agree with you in that I don't understand why an individual would pay for them. But if you're a business doing entertaining, the sky box still serves you much better than the regular seats.

Political Hack
04-21-2015, 01:25 PM
SKyboxes are still nice for college basketball, so I can understand why somebody would want one. But I guess I agree with you in that I don't understand why an individual would pay for them. But if you're a business doing entertaining, the sky box still serves you much better than the regular seats.

That's exactly what they're for. They are there to entertain, like a cocktail party... not for pulling up a seat and watching the game.

Outside Dawg
04-21-2015, 01:26 PM
You ever taken a kid with you? Sometimes you have no option

+1. At the break they never need to go. At a critical moment, they are about to pee on themselves.

Aces High
04-21-2015, 01:33 PM

Im sure that would be done if it cost a couple thousand. Add about 100k minimum onto a couple of thousand.