PDA

View Full Version : Newman

Billy Ray Valentine
04-20-2015, 10:24 PM
I believe we're about to get the news we want real soon.

BeardoMSU
04-20-2015, 10:27 PM
I believe we're about to get the news we want real soon.

Do tell, Billy Ray...***

http://38.media.tumblr.com/152683dd4724e31b9056897740fae051/tumblr_n1bgkmpfpE1qz8x31o1_400.gif

Billy Ray Valentine
04-20-2015, 10:30 PM
Newman to State. Before the week is over.

I seen it dawg
04-21-2015, 04:52 AM
Newman to State is mine pal.

Rick Danko
04-21-2015, 05:00 AM
Aw shit, it's about to go down....

Hot Rock
04-21-2015, 05:32 AM
This is your third post? Your credibility is less than zero.

Original48
04-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Looking good Billy Ray!

Coach34
04-21-2015, 06:15 AM
Gonna be a good week

chef dixon
04-21-2015, 07:05 AM
I think Billy Ray Valentine is Malik Newman.

Coach34
04-21-2015, 07:28 AM
Some say Wednesday- some say Friday. But everybody seems to think it happens this week at this point

hells bells
04-21-2015, 08:14 AM

Thought about this also and hope so Chef.

TheVoiceofReason
04-21-2015, 08:58 AM
While I'm extremely excited about watching him next year I just can't get crazy as some on here are about a kid that is openly renting us for a year, especially when he has nothing around him to help us be successful. I may be wrong but this is the same stuff people on here have complained about UK for.

Wade Garrett
04-21-2015, 08:59 AM
Looks like Friday

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 3m3 minutes ago
Malik Newman's press conference is tentatively set for Friday, multiple sources tell @SNYtv . Big news coming then.

Covercorner2
04-21-2015, 09:01 AM
While I'm extremely excited about watching him next year I just can't get crazy as some on here are about a kid that is openly renting us for a year, especially when he has nothing around him to help us be successful. I may be wrong but this is the same stuff people on here have complained about UK for.

Nice 8th post and post history, bra. Sorry we got someone you thought you had, lol. Don't take that bait...

engie
04-21-2015, 09:07 AM
It must suck to try so hard to be a "voice of reason" -- yet still manage to pin yourself as an obvious troll in under 20 posts. Better luck with your next username...

messageboardsuperhero
04-21-2015, 09:10 AM
While I'm extremely excited about watching him next year I just can't get crazy as some on here are about a kid that is 1. openly renting us for a year, especially 2. when he has nothing around him to help us be successful. I may be wrong but this is the same stuff people on here have complained about UK for.

1. If you want top talent, that's what you have to deal with. It's part of the game- as is fighting MLB for top baseball prospects. Ask Duke, Kentucky, etc. If Malik Newman comes here and gives us one great season to kick off the Howland era and build us momentum, I will shake his hand and drive him to the airport for the NBA draft.

2. I think a lot of people are going to be very surprised by how good Sword, Ware, Thomas, etc. can be, now that we actually have a good coach. They aren't superstar NBA players, but they can be very good college players. Sword and Ware especially will be very good this year- look at the numbers Sword put up last year in SEC play with a bad back and a shitty offensive system. Add Kasongo and Newman, and suddenly you have a pretty good team.

TheVoiceofReason
04-21-2015, 09:12 AM
Love the fact that on here some of you sunshine pumpers can't take a realistic viewpoint without labeling me as a bear!

Covercorner2
04-21-2015, 09:16 AM
Love the fact that on here some of you sunshine pumpers can't take a realistic viewpoint without labeling me as a bear!

Everyone single one of your (10) posts is either about Ole Miss, degrading Malik, or defending Freeze. Come on, man, at least throw something else out there. You can do better than that.

engie
04-21-2015, 09:18 AM

You label yourself in your every post.

And if you can't get excited about Malik Newman to State -- you should be banned for sheer stupidity regardless.

Coach34
04-21-2015, 09:24 AM
It must suck to try so hard to be a "voice of reason" -- yet still manage to pin yourself as an obvious troll in under 20 posts. Better luck with your next username...

Ive known it was a Nafoomer just by name choice- that group of drunk in-Breds think they are realistic and we are delusional. Elitedawgs talked about Prescott being in the Heisman discussion and us winning 10 games last year- Nafoom said we might miss a bowl game and Mullen was about done. Sooooo, exactly who is the "voice of reason"????

Coach34
04-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Eitedawgs said "Lewis to State"....Bafoom said he was in the bag to Oxford. Who is the "voice of reason"??

chef dixon
04-21-2015, 09:25 AM

This guy is so mad.

Coach34
04-21-2015, 09:27 AM
Elitedawgs say "Newman to State"- Red Cup Rebellion say State 5th in the running- who is the "voice of reason"???

Coach34
04-21-2015, 09:29 AM
You label yourself in your every post.

And if you can't get excited about Malik Newman to State -- you should be banned for sheer stupidity regardless.

No shit. "Let's don't take 5-star players cause they might leave too soon"

32 Dive
04-21-2015, 09:32 AM
Mississippi, with Newman:
http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o726/Cam/giffer_zps3ddeda71.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Cam/media/giffer_zps3ddeda71.gif.html)

Mississippi State, with Newman:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/Elepoodle/Gifs/tumblr_lao699oUht1qb7hapo1_500.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Elepoodle/media/Gifs/tumblr_lao699oUht1qb7hapo1_500.gif.html)

Westdawg
04-21-2015, 09:33 AM

everybody talks bad about the cool kids and hate them......until they get to be one of them. :cool:

Really Clark?
04-21-2015, 09:38 AM

Just get so full of yourself that you can't help but outing your true allegiance. Happens every time. So many come and so many leave so quickly and it's mainly from your own arrogance and thought process that it will be easy to fool the ignorant masses over here.

maroonmania
04-21-2015, 09:59 AM

Look, he wants to get to the NBA like most HS basketball players. And if he is a first round projected draft pick after his FR year then he should go. If he's not, there is a good chance he won't go and he'll be around multiple years. If you get elite basketball recruits this just comes with the territory. I just think that he really always wanted down deep to be at MSU for whatever length he stays in college to carry on the family legacy, it was just that until we made this coaching change to get serious about basketball we really hadn't given him a good reason to do so.

Coach34
04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Just get so full of yourself that you can't help but outing your true allegiance. Happens every time. So many come and so many leave so quickly and it's mainly from your own arrogance and thought process that it will be easy to fool the ignorant masses over here.

Too bad he doesn't have a 2nd team All-SEC Guard to team with like a Craig Sword....oops

yjnkdawg
04-21-2015, 10:08 AM
Newman to State is mine pal.

+1

yjnkdawg
04-21-2015, 10:12 AM

There is a voice but none with reason. I'm glad you aren't our basketball coach.

Really Clark?
04-21-2015, 10:17 AM
Too bad he doesn't have a 2nd team All-SEC Guard to team with like a Craig Sword....oops

Haha. Exactly and why it only takes a short amount of time before they out themselves because they just can't admit that we might, just might have a descent player. I would be willing to bet that a fairly good number of their fans still believe Wallace is better than Dak.

War Machine Dawg
04-21-2015, 10:24 AM

http://i.imgur.com/tVMM5m5.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wern5S1.gif

War Machine Dawg
04-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Haha. Exactly and why it only takes a short amount of time before they out themselves because they just can't admit that we might, just might have a descent player. I would be willing to bet that a fairly good number of their fans still believe Wallace is better than Dak.

Meanwhile I'm getting excited about having decent players. #GrammarNazi #SpellingIsImportant

Really Clark?
04-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Meanwhile I'm getting excited about having decent players. #GrammarNazi #SpellingIsImportant

Ugh. Didn't catch that. Thanks. Why can't they make a phone that knows the correct word I'm thinking about.***

My daughter read something to me the other day I though was funny about technology. It was "I won't be impressed with technology until I can download food."

War Machine Dawg
04-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Ugh. Didn't catch that. Thanks. Why can't they make a phone that knows the correct word I'm thinking about.***

My daughter read something to me the other day I though was funny about technology. It was "I won't be impressed with technology until I can download food."

Haha, just busting your balls a little. Autocorrect sucks.

MSUDawg99
04-21-2015, 10:44 AM
Malik said on Twitter that he's announcing Fri. at noon in some private announcement deal with Courtney Cronin. You know her head will roll & as well as the other Clarion Ledger sports writers (who are all obvious UM "fans") if he picks State.

MSUDawg99
04-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Oh & Billy Ray Valentine is definitely not Malik Newman. But I believe I Seen it Dawg when he claimed that he knew about Newman first or that's his claim. Ha! This is only my second post so yeah my credibility is zilch also. I know. I know.

MSUDawg99
04-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Haha, just busting your balls a little. Autocorrect sucks.

AUTO-WRONG...there's hardly ever anything correct about it!

MSUDawg99
04-21-2015, 10:56 AM

HAHAHAHA! He's not but this makes me laugh!

TheRef
04-21-2015, 10:58 AM
4 posts all in one thread in quick succession with two being the same thing after no one replied to you....calm down, buddy. You ain't heppin' yourself.

starkvegasdawg
04-21-2015, 11:05 AM

That's because it's UK getting these caliber players and going to final 4's instead of us. I don't care if we have 5 one and done's every year if it brings that level of success.

Coach34
04-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Ease up- I know this person. Let them get the hang of things

MSUDawg99
04-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Andrew knows me too. Met me this wknd. Andrew also knows Billy Ray Valentine. Met him this wknd too.

TheRef
04-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Andrew knows me too. Met me this wknd. Andrew also knows Billy Ray Valentine. Met him this wknd too.

Oh we good. Now that I know who they are, we're all good.

Billy Ray Valentine
04-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Hot Rock since you outrank me by 29 posts I can understand why you would rip my credibility. Makes perfect sense. I seen it dawg, sorry dude, I'm new on here. Didn't realize I was using your phrase. Original 48 you know me well.

Coach34
04-21-2015, 11:19 AM
Hot Rock since you outrank me by 29 posts I can understand why you would rip my credibility. Makes perfect sense. I seen it dawg, sorry dude, I'm new on here. Didn't realize I was using your phrase. Original 48 you know me well.

If O48 vouches for ya, you are either a special needs person, a pretty good dude, or both. Welcome aboard

TheRef
04-21-2015, 11:28 AM
If O48 vouches for ya, you are either a special needs person, a pretty good dude, or both. Welcome aboard

I've met BRV and he's a good dude. I'll vouch for him.

engie
04-21-2015, 11:37 AM
So who is vouching for avoiceofreason?**

Rayburn8
04-21-2015, 11:44 AM

Boplis***

Dawg496
04-21-2015, 11:45 AM

Rebel Bruiser on SPS said he was alright by him.

starkvegasdawg
04-21-2015, 11:48 AM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAbidVJoXw4asPzvaftqay_LHxwU0C8 2-ik1Ndxqitkh6xaeFy

JDog13
04-21-2015, 11:49 AM
Oh we good. Now that I know who they are, we're all good.

I wouldn't go that far

mstatefan91
04-21-2015, 12:04 PM
This is going to get worse as the week goes on. Typical sign of desperation from the bear fan base

yjnkdawg
04-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Rebel Bruiser on SPS said he was alright by him.

LOL - Good response.

tcdog70
04-21-2015, 12:09 PM

same thing Donte Jones did --and boy I'm glad he did

HancockCountyDog
04-21-2015, 12:14 PM

Im assuming that Goat will come on here with one of his 23 user names and say that he is making solid points. That is all this thread is missing;

RougeDawg
04-21-2015, 12:17 PM
This is going to get worse as the week goes on. Typical sign of desperation from the bear fan base

You are correct but I actually look forward to this type of thing. The entertainment that those delusional ascot wearing asshats provide is priceless. You can't find levels of delusion like theirs anywhere else on earth, and that's one thing they do better than any other fan base in the history of man kind.

Dawg61
04-21-2015, 12:43 PM

I'll vouche for Engie and Ref

shannondawg
04-21-2015, 12:54 PM
I guess I am paranoid , but Coutney , listed us next to last in the schools in contention and they are not in alphabetical order. She is definitely a ole miss troll in my opinion.

Political Hack
04-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Announcement should be tomorrow.

TheRef
04-21-2015, 01:15 PM
Announcement should be tomorrow.

But it's not.

War Machine Dawg
04-21-2015, 01:15 PM

Goat and Bruiser.

Political Hack
04-21-2015, 01:17 PM
But it's not.

you anticipating a rain delay?

TheRef
04-21-2015, 01:18 PM
you anticipating a rain delay?

We talking about Newman or Kasongo?

Political Hack
04-21-2015, 01:19 PM
We talking about Newman or Kasongo?

this thread's about Newman. Keep up man.*

TheRef
04-21-2015, 01:21 PM
this thread's about Newman. Keep up man.*

So Newman announced on Twitter that he is announcing on Friday. But you say Wednesday. Forgive me if I sound dumb here.....

AFDawg
04-21-2015, 01:23 PM
I guess I am paranoid , but Coutney , listed us next to last in the schools in contention and they are not in alphabetical order. She is definitely a ole miss troll in my opinion.

In the last interview I heard with Cronin she more or less said that the only people talking about MN going to OM were OM people. I wouldn't read too much into the order.

Political Hack
04-21-2015, 01:27 PM
So Newman announced on Twitter that he is announcing on Friday. But you say Wednesday. Forgive me if I sound dumb here.....

No worries. I confuse myself sometimes too.

Hot Rock
04-21-2015, 07:27 PM

Touche' I laughed as I was typing it.

I don't post much, but I have been around for a long time.

MabenMaroon
04-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Really can't blame the sharkbears, well yes you can, but I digress. Just imagine their butt hurt about now. Building a new TuohyTaco MaxiPad and when the season rolls around all of the attention will be on their #3 rival. There is going to be a lot of press and attention to a true heavy weight basketball coach re-entering the coaching arena with a true 5* signee plus some solid other signees, a handful of seasoned but mismanaged players, and a return to prominence of MSU basketball. And then on the back page there will a small article and mention of "oh by the way, there is a new facility opening its doors up in Lafayette County".
Prior to the firing of Coach Ray, who everybody thought was good for at least another year ( possibly two or more ), a lot of folks were beginning to view tsun as the dominant basketball school in the state. Then all of the sudden, the clock is about to strike midnight and the royal coach is about to turn back into a pumpkin and Aladdin's magic carpet is about to become just another throw rug.

msstate7
04-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Really can't blame the sharkbears, well yes you can, but I digress. Just imagine their butt hurt about now. Building a new TuohyTaco MaxiPad and when the season rolls around all of the attention will be on their #3 rival. There is going to be a lot of press and attention to a true heavy weight basketball coach re-entering the coaching arena with a true 5* signee plus some solid other signees, a handful of seasoned but mismanaged players, and a return to prominence of MSU basketball. And then on the back page there will a small article and mention of "oh by the way, there is a new facility opening its doors up in Lafayette County".
Prior to the firing of Coach Ray, who everybody thought was good for at least another year ( possibly two or more ), a lot of folks were beginning to view tsun as the dominant basketball school in the state. Then all of the sudden, the clock is about to strike midnight and the royal coach is about to turn back into a pumpkin and Aladdin's magic carpet is about to become just another throw rug.

Michael white is loving this. AK is about to be under extreme pressure

BeardoMSU
04-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Michael white is loving this. AK is about to be under extreme pressure

I personally want AK to win just enough where they can't justify canning him. We are about to be back to owning that ass, just like before the Rick Ray experiment. The OM peeps that have been talking shit about basketball are about to get hit with some serious truth.

And the truth is: we don't compete with them at this sport, we don't recruit against them at this sport, and we sure as hell don't use them as a measuring stick in this sport (RR dancing, aside); hell, their fans only started caring about Bball because they identified with Marshall's cocaine habits.

As I've said before, one of the few things I loved that Stans said was in response to a question about our "This is Our State Billboard Campaign" and what impact he thought that had on the "rivalry", to which he said "We don't really worry about that stuff, we've handed that game pretty well the last decade; we worry about he Tennessee's, Florida's, and Kentucky's" (quotation from memory; may be loosely recanted).

Bully13
04-21-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't have the time to read all these long winded diatribes but I think come Friday, I'll be doing a circle jerk with my fellow MSU brethren into bear hair. .. yea, I said it... 17 ole miss.. yea, I said it again. good night.

Political Hack
04-23-2015, 08:20 AM

media frenzy on Friday. Papers signed on Wednesday.

TheRef
04-23-2015, 08:45 AM

Okay. Now I get what you're saying. I was a little scatterbrained yesterday. Forgive me.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
04-23-2015, 08:59 AM
WE ARE BACK! Who is Rick Ray?

PMDawg
04-23-2015, 10:00 AM

Lol @ save attempt.

msstate7
04-23-2015, 12:24 PM
http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Bolt/Top-five-shakeup-in-the-2015-247Sports-Composite-36926091

Malik falls to #8. Think that happens if he was choosing Kentucky tomorrow?

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 12:27 PM
http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Bolt/Top-five-shakeup-in-the-2015-247Sports-Composite-36926091

I doubt it, although I will say that Malik has not really shown out that much at these all-star games.

smootness
04-23-2015, 12:31 PM
A guy who fell in a similar fashion was Jabari Parker, who, like Newman, had always been considered the best scorer in the class. Then Parker was the best freshman in college from day one.

They have different games, and Parker is obviously bigger, but I don't care much about him slipping in the rankings. The Harrison twins both ended up ahead of Parker in the rankings. Remember that.

messageboardsuperhero
04-23-2015, 12:31 PM
I think it has more to do with his performance in these all-star games- it never ceases to amaze me how much stock people put into stuff like that. He was a consensus top three player two weeks ago, then he shoots 0-7 in an all-star game and drops.

It doesn't matter what Newman's final ranking ends up being though. He's the same player he was two weeks ago.

Political Hack
04-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Lol @ save attempt.

Said it would be Wednesday... and now it's a save attempt?

Coach007
04-23-2015, 02:45 PM
So to sum things up,

http://www.quotehd.com/imagequotes/authors73/tmb/hoshyar-zebari-quote-we-are-in-charge.jpg

headcoach98
04-24-2015, 07:47 AM

Nope not at all. Brandon Ingram is about to choose dook and he rose all the way up to top 5, he's not a better player than Newman.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-24-2015, 08:35 AM
These rankings have nothing to do with where a kid is going. It's based totally on these All Star game performances. They do the same in football with the Army & Under Armour games. Seems crazy 1 or 2 games would change your mind on a kid especially an exhibition game but it happens every year.

Billy Ray Valentine
04-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Feeling good Louie!!

maroonmania
04-25-2015, 06:39 PM
These rankings have nothing to do with where a kid is going. It's based totally on these All Star game performances. They do the same in football with the Army & Under Armour games. Seems crazy 1 or 2 games would change your mind on a kid especially an exhibition game but it happens every year.

Agreed, they are not even real games, but in their defense it is the only time the evaluators get to see them playing with and against a team full of players at the same relative talent level.