PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Cohen kicked two guys off the team today....

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 02:16 PM
Won't say any names until someone else can confirm, but supposedly it was for being late to practice. Neither were really contributors at all. However, looks like the intense bastard is back.

quickstrike2
04-20-2015, 02:26 PM
He needs to be. I still believe Cohen as our guy but their is no resting on your laurels as an SEC baseball coach.

Dawg61
04-20-2015, 02:28 PM
They must of missed a bunt sign or tried to pull a pitch instead of ***** slapping it to the 2nd baseman. Cohenball!!!

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 02:32 PM
They must of missed a bunt sign or tried to pull a pitch instead of ***** slapping it to the 2nd baseman. Cohenball!!!

Let's just say that neither of these guys would be receiving bunt signs and that our bullpen is now even thinner. Although I think there has only been about 3 or 4 appearances between the two of them all year.

msstate7
04-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Let's just say that neither of these guys would be receiving bunt signs and that our bullpen is now even thinner. Although I think there has only been about 3 or 4 appearances between the two of them all year.
Just say it

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 02:40 PM
I really don't want to throw names out there for the two guys sake until someone else can confirm as well. I'm sure it will come out later today, but it was two pitchers and I heard this from someone as close to the team as possible.

godlluB
04-20-2015, 02:45 PM
I thought maybe he'd kicked Gavin Collins off the team for hitting a dinger over the weekend. **

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 02:53 PM
I thought maybe he'd kicked Gavin Collins off the team for hitting a dinger over the weekend. **

Yeah I'm sure Cohen was getting scared because we were getting too close to MsStateBaseball's preseason prediction of 50 home runs**

War Machine Dawg
04-20-2015, 03:08 PM
Ima guess Gentry is one considering the low number of appearances mentioned.

Dawg61
04-20-2015, 03:10 PM

First offense results in being placed in a different spot in the order for 82 consecutive games. Cohenball!!

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Not Gentry.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Yeah someone else confirmed the same two through private message. Looks like Paul Young and Paxton Stover are no longer on the team. It's too bad because I was exptecting a lot out of Young.

RocketCityDawg
04-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Bad day to be late for practice.

maroonmania
04-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Well there must have been a little more to it than that. Hard to believe you would get kicked off the team for being late to practice once. Now if it was repeated yes, but if it happened on an isolated basis I would just think you would have to run your tail off or something.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Well there must have been a little more to it than that. Hard to believe you would get kicked off the team for being late to practice once. Now if it was repeated yes, but if it happened on an isolated basis I would just think you would have to run your tail off or something.

Yeah I'm sure it was a 3rd strike/making space for next year/Cohen putting his dick on the table type deal.

RocketCityDawg
04-20-2015, 03:51 PM

I agree. There has to be more to it. This must have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

BankerDog
04-20-2015, 04:11 PM
They'll be back on the team this weekend. Same thing happened last year with a guy who is a starter this year. Now Cohen has kicked off one guy for sure back after the first month of the year for a DUI that was highly touted. But I'm not releasing that name.

smootness
04-20-2015, 04:17 PM
They'll be back on the team this weekend. Same thing happened last year with a guy who is a starter this year. Now Cohen has kicked off one guy for sure back after the first month of the year for a DUI that was highly touted. But I'm not releasing that name.

? There's a guy who has been kicked off the team for a couple months, yet you can't release the name?

ShotgunDawg
04-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Per NCAA rules, you aren't allowed to practice on Mondays during the season. So there is either more to the story or they were late last week.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 04:24 PM
Per NCAA rules, you aren't allowed to practice on Mondays during the season. So there is either more to the story or they were late last week.

Well they were both dressed out on Sunday, so I wouldn't think that it would have been something from last week.

RocketCityDawg
04-20-2015, 05:38 PM

I heard the DUI thing. Not the highly touted part tho. He'll be back tho.

Sienfield
04-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Do you mean the team has actually been practicing.

TheRef
04-20-2015, 06:08 PM

They could have a team meeting, and he could have suspended them for being late to the meeting.

RocketCityDawg
04-20-2015, 06:10 PM
Do you mean the team has actually been practicing.

Good job. Are you Bracky?

Sienfield
04-20-2015, 06:13 PM
Good job. Are you Bracky?

Is his first name Fire?

Homedawg
04-20-2015, 06:23 PM

Did the rule change? Use to be that you had to have a day off, but they didn't dictate what day it had to be.

CadaverDawg
04-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Yeah someone else confirmed the same two through private message. Looks like Paul Young and Paxton Stover are no longer on the team. It's too bad because I was exptecting a lot out of Young.

Kicking Young off the team is about like taking the Sasquatch off the Endangered Species list....we didn't even know he existed to begin with.

One thing I DO know....if they couldn't earn more innings than they did out of our current pen, we must not be losing much.

Dawg61
04-21-2015, 12:22 AM
Kicking Young off the team is about like taking the Sasquatch off the Endangered Species list....we didn't even know he existed to begin with.

Haha this is funny!

Drugdog
04-21-2015, 07:33 AM

One thing I DO know....if they couldn't earn more innings than they did out of our current pen, we must not be losing much.

Now that's funny. However, to see Cohen doing ANYTHING is refreshing.

BRING BACK THE INTENSE BASTARD. ***Bbtib

engie
04-21-2015, 07:46 AM
You aren't supposed to practice on Mondays after weekend series, but personally I'd be fine with defying all that. Nobody coming after baseball programs for defiance of practice time rules and no way they ever catch you as long as you are careful.

I paid less attention to the games this weekend than any other in recent memory, but I did tune in to Cohen's Sunday postgame. He went through the flow of the game and the Gavin Collins bases loaded double play ball and was inferring "that's baseball" without saying it as I've heard him do countless times over the past 2 years -- and at some point there he basically said -- "you know what Jim -- screw that -- I don't believe that. I believe you make your own luck." That got me fired up. It seemed like a switch flipped for him mid interview. I don't think we will be hearing any more excuses from him. "Find a way". It's his quote and it is time he does just that. I still believe he and Butch are the pieces we need to win a title here. Just need to massively upgrade the 3rd coaching slot with whoever the lead recruiter/hitting coach is at Florida Atlantic, UCF, or somewhere like that and let's rock and roll.

RocketCityDawg
04-21-2015, 09:03 AM
You aren't supposed to practice on Mondays after weekend series, but personally I'd be fine with defying all that. Nobody coming after baseball programs for defiance of practice time rules and no way they ever catch you as long as you are careful.

I paid less attention to the games this weekend than any other in recent memory, but I did tune in to Cohen's Sunday postgame. He went through the flow of the game and the Gavin Collins bases loaded double play ball and was inferring "that's baseball" without saying it as I've heard him do countless times over the past 2 years -- and at some point there he basically said -- "you know what Jim -- screw that -- I don't believe that. I believe you make your own luck." That got me fired up. It seemed like a switch flipped for him mid interview. I don't think we will be hearing any more excuses from him. "Find a way". It's his quote and it is time he does just that. I still believe he and Butch are the pieces we need to win a title here. Just need to massively upgrade the 3rd coaching slot with whoever the lead recruiter/hitting coach is at Florida Atlantic, UCF, or somewhere like that and let's rock and roll.

Engie, is Cohen's postgame posted online somewhere? I'd love to listen to it.

gravedigger
04-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Well said engie

NeshobaChuck
04-21-2015, 09:32 AM
I've heard Paxton Stover and Preston met with Cohen and Thompson and Preston never returned to the field. I've also been told Laster cleaned out his locker and that Paul was gone

DudyDawg
04-21-2015, 10:01 AM
We have problems in that clubhouse, let's say that. More than just these

BankerDog
04-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Neshoba, your sources must suck then. Lucas Laster is still on the team as well as Paul Young. This is almost as ridiculous as the Jake Vickerson suspended deal a few weeks back. Laster is not that type of guy and Cohen would be an idiot to kick off his Friday night starter...

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-21-2015, 10:06 AM
I've heard Paxton Stover and Preston met with Cohen and Thompson and Preston never returned to the field. I've also been told Laster cleaned out his locker and that Paul was gone
I heard Paxton Stover and Paul Young were late to a work out. Cohen flipped his shit and told them they were done. So unless this was a final straw type thing for both of them, I can't imagine them being permanently off the team.

engie
04-21-2015, 10:13 AM
Good. Houseclean the f out of it. Past time. Let's just be sure we are cleaning out the problems and not the solutions. And I want all the problem guys gone regardless of how talented they are. The bench mobb mentality seeped into our whole team like a virus. Some guys may need that nonsense to perform and relax -- and I loved it in 2013 when we were winning(and there were just a handful of guys participating) -- but it would have royally pissed me off to see this dugout bullshit as my team was laying an egg on the field and in danger of missing the postseason, while getting thumped 3 times by a UF team that apparently these douches forgot that we absolutely hate in baseball -- and that absolutely hate us. I would have been in literal fights over some of that bullshit. There's a time to stay "loose" -- and there's a time when staying "loose" hurts you and someone needs to stick a foot up your ass.

The complete failure of upperclass leadership off the deep run in Omaha is the most disappointing part of all this to me. Those guys were supposed to learn from that experience and take us back there to win the whole thing. They aren't going to sniff it. Next time we're there, we'll be starting over fresh with a new group that's never seen it before. We need a group to make it and get experience there while young -- then come back and win it as jrs/seniors.

NeshobaChuck
04-21-2015, 10:16 AM
My source is a guy that was sitting with Ross and Fitts at the student athlete senior banquet last night and overheard some stuff and they told him some other things that happened to be some of it

ScottH
04-21-2015, 10:26 AM
Good. The bench mobb mentality seeped into our whole team like a virus.

Did you catch Fiitts with 10 rally caps stacked high on his head on Sunday?

When I see our softball-like dugout shit sometimes it makes me ill.

engie
04-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Did you catch Fiitts with 10 rally caps stacked high on his head on Sunday?

When I see our softball-like dugout shit sometimes it makes me ill.

Yes. That kinda crap is driving me crazy right now. They don't get a pass to do that goofy shit and it not bother people unless the team is elite IMO.

ScottH
04-21-2015, 10:46 AM
They don't get a pass to do that goofy shit and it not bother people unless the team is elite IMO.

Yes.

I'd vote for no dugout shit. Ever.

However, if we must have it the amount allowed is directly proportional to our number of wins and conference standing. In other words, to do even the smallest amount, you better be playing .800 baseball or better.

bulldogcountry1
04-21-2015, 10:49 AM
I've been noticing particular player sulking on the bench the entire season when everyone else is up on the rail at least appearing to stay into the game.

DistrictDawg92
04-21-2015, 12:17 PM

So you're saying that you heard that our Friday and Saturday starters left the team.... That's simply just not true, and I don't know why you would even throw that out there.

RocketCityDawg
04-21-2015, 12:26 PM
So you're saying that you heard that our Friday and Saturday starters left the team.... That's simply just not true, and I don't know why you would even throw that out there.

I'm with you DistrictDawg92. I don't buy the Preston and Lucas part of this. I don't doubt that Cohen is mad enough to do it, but it's just hard to believe.

DistrictDawg92
04-21-2015, 12:41 PM
It's not true period, someone should delete that post.

engie
04-21-2015, 01:39 PM
I never understand the need for individual speculations... Just let this crap be announced in it's own time... No need for direct call-outs either. Just blame everyone IMO becaus the "leaders" are the ones that let the other crap happen. This stuff shouldn't be happening with JRs and SRs period. It's literally EVERYONE'S fault...

I seen it dawg
04-21-2015, 05:31 PM
The older guys just need to sit the rest of the year. All of them. Rea, Heck, Vickerson, Fitts, Mitchell and anyone else participating in the lack of leadership that has killed this club. Typically I appreciate the contributions of guys that have been in the program for a long time and want them to go out with getting their usual playing time, even in a tough year. However this is a case where these same guys have completely abandoned their RESPONSIBILITY to lead this program the right way. Therefore **** em and they can walk. Play the young guys and let them get their asses whipped for the experience. Reboot the locker room and re set the proper tone for what the expectations are.

mic
04-21-2015, 05:50 PM
We need to replace the "good luck" turkey leg or whatever it is and replace it with a set of those trucker nuts and hang them from the dugout.. Cause very very few on this team have any....

RAYn_Man
04-22-2015, 09:22 AM
I've been noticing particular player sulking on the bench the entire season when everyone else is up on the rail at least appearing to stay into the game.

What does this mean and who are you talking about?