PDA

View Full Version : Dak in the NFL

bgover4
04-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Tebow signing with Philly got me thinking.....What NFL teams will be interested in Dak after the season? Obviously Hhilly may have been interested with Kelly's spread but since they just signed Tebow I doubt Dak will be much of an option for them. Who else might want to bring in that type of QB? Maybe the Steelers to replace Ben?

Really Clark?
04-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Tebow signing with Philly got me thinking.....What NFL teams will be interested in Dak after the season? Obviously Hhilly may have been interested with Kelly's spread but since they just signed Tebow I doubt Dak will be much of an option for them. Who else might want to bring in that type of QB? Maybe the Steelers to replace Ben?

While I think that they are very similar in style as a college QB, Dak is much better fundamentally in throwing the ball. Now Tebow may have made a lot of changes this past year and be a lot better but comparing the two coming out of college and Dak is a head of where Tebow was so I think he is not as limited on teams looking at him.

Tripp McNeely
04-20-2015, 01:40 PM
He'll be a Russell Wilson-type (emphasis on the "type") QB. A guy like that can fit any offense.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 01:44 PM
He'll be a Russell Wilson-type (emphasis on the "type") QB. A guy like that can fit any offense.

Ha I said this about a year ago and everyone disagreed, but I still agree. If he can continue to improve his passing he can play in any offense. Dak is not Tim Tebow.

chef dixon
04-20-2015, 01:45 PM
While I think that they are very similar in style as a college QB, Dak is much better fundamentally in throwing the ball. Now Tebow may have made a lot of changes this past year and be a lot better but comparing the two coming out of college and Dak is a head of where Tebow was so I think he is not as limited on teams looking at him.

Man I think people forget how good Tebow was. He rarely made bad decisions and didn't turn the ball over. And when Florida needed a first down, he got it some way or another seemingly every single time. I'm hoping Dak has improved in these areas for this season. I agree though that if Dak makes a nice jump he has the tools to be a better pro, but I can't say he is ahead of where Tebow was at this point.

bgover4
04-20-2015, 01:51 PM

Clark I totally agree! At this point I see Dak as a much better pro QB prespect. I think he is also smart enough to run a lot of the offenses. But with those skills he needs a team that knows how to use his abilities and an offense that runs the spread, perferably a run first spread (i know there really is no such thing as run first in the NFL) where his size and athletisism can be put to good use. I would have loved to be in the Viking offense back when they had Dante Cullpepper. Give Dak a Randy Moss outside and a good RB in the back field with him......

Political Hack
04-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Dak > Tebow in the NFL.

Tebow > Dak in college.

Dak still has a lot he needs to improve and there will be some teams that just won't even have him on their board, but I suspect he could play himself into being one of the top QBs coming out next year. I think the season will see his stock rise and the combine/workouts will see it decline, but he'll still get drafted fairly high and be given his chance.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 02:00 PM
Being a leader, smart, and keeping your name out of the headlines for off the field reasons can really rise your stock in the NFL. After Dak passes for 4000 and rushes for close to 1000 this year, he will get drafted in the top 3-4 rounds and be an immediate back up in the NFL. I'm looking for him to cut his INT numbers in half this year, but if that doesn't happen its ok. He's kinda like Favre or even Eli in that he is not scared to try for the hard passes and tight windows, but sometimes they will get picked and that's football.

Really Clark?
04-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Man I think people forget how good Tebow was. He rarely made bad decisions and didn't turn the ball over. And when Florida needed a first down, he got it some way or another seemingly every single time. I'm hoping Dak has improved in these areas for this season. I agree though that if Dak makes a nice jump he has the tools to be a better pro, but I can't say he is ahead of where Tebow was at this point.

I think you are confusing my point with on the field production between the two. Tebow was a tremendous college with a lot of talent around him. That he even made better. But his throwing flaws were discussed long before he was drafted. Even as a junior the NFL had some big question marks whether he could effectively make the throws he needed to at that level. That is the point of why I think Dak is ahead of Tebow. At some point, no matter the how good an athelete is, he will eventually step up into competition that his fundamental flaws catch up with him. And I don't just mean a little funky style. I'm talking about a fundamental flaw that really limits the type of throws he can make or the accuracy (which is usually the problem that pops up first).

Sacrifice
04-20-2015, 03:31 PM
If Tebow had Daks arm he'd still be playing for the Broncos. Poor guy can do everything but throw a ball hard...

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 03:36 PM
If Tebow had Daks arm he'd still be playing for the Broncos. Poor guy can do everything but throw a ball hard...

He does throw a pretty hard duck though

Statefan
04-20-2015, 03:57 PM
I would be interested in seeing a comparison between Dak and Tebow in their Junior years...

smootness
04-20-2015, 04:14 PM
I think Dak can be successful in the NFL. I don't think he'll be given a chance to win a job his rookie year but can potentially work his way into a starting position if he realizes his potential.

I know you said 'type,' but there really isn't much comparison between him and Russell Wilson.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 04:15 PM
I would be interested in seeing a comparison between Dak and Tebow in their Junior years...

Kinda hard to compare when he had the Pouncey's blocking for him, Hernandez and Harvin to throw to, and Demps and Rainey to spread the field out. Didn't hurt that he had Spikes and Joe Haden shutting down opposing teams for him. Most people don't realize how talented that team was, the players Tebow had around him made him look a lot better than he actually was.

Political Hack
04-20-2015, 04:20 PM
I think Dak can be successful in the NFL. I don't think he'll be given a chance to win a job his rookie year but can potentially work his way into a starting position if he realizes his potential.

I know you said 'type,' but there really isn't much comparison between him and Russell Wilson.

he'd better hope there is. Russell Wilson comparisons are his only. hancr at being a first rounder.

Coach34
04-20-2015, 04:26 PM
A couple of coaches told my buddy last August that Dakota > Tebow. My buddy looked at Gonzales and asked for a ruling- Gonzo nodded yes and said just watch and see this Fall. Dakota is much more accurate- Tebow had tremendous skill people around him. The Murderer at TE, Harvin, Cooper, and then the other guy the Raiders drafted in the 1st round. There wasn't a better group of skill people in the nation to surround a QB with

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 04:32 PM
A couple of coaches told my buddy last August that Dakota > Tebow. My buddy looked at Gonzales and asked for a ruling- Gonzo nodded yes and said just watch and see this Fall. Dakota is much more accurate- Tebow had tremendous skill people around him. The Murderer at TE, Harvin, Cooper, and then the other guy the Raiders drafted in the 1st round. There wasn't a better group of skill people in the nation to surround a QB with

That was one of the best College Football teams from top to bottom of that decade. Hard to believe they lost to Ole Miss at the Swamp.

Statefan
04-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Kinda hard to compare when he had the Pouncey's blocking for him, Hernandez and Harvin to throw to, and Demps and Rainey to spread the field out. Didn't hurt that he had Spikes and Joe Haden shutting down opposing teams for him. Most people don't realize how talented that team was, the players Tebow had around him made him look a lot better than he actually was.

I actually agree with you, but my point was that I bet Dak's JR year and Tebow's JR year stats are close enough to say that Dak did a hell of a lot with a less talent around him than Tebow

Really Clark?
04-20-2015, 05:23 PM
I actually agree with you, but my point was that I bet Dak's JR year and Tebow's JR year stats are close enough to say that Dak did a hell of a lot with a less talent around him than Tebow

Tebow 198-298 for 64.4% 2,746 yards 30 TD 4 Int 172.38 rating 176 rushing attempts for 673 yards and 12 TD

Dak 244-396 61.6% 3,449 yards 27 TD 11 151.72 rating 210 rushes for 986 yards and 14 TD

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Tebow 198-298 for 64.4% 2,746 yards 30 TD 4 Int 172.38 rating 176 rushing attempts for 673 yards and 12 TD

Dak 244-396 61.6% 3,449 yards 27 TD 11 151.72 rating 210 rushes for 986 yards and 14 TD

The only difference is the interceptions, and it's not because Tebow was more accurate though. The total passing yards tells the tale, Dak went downfield and threw much more risky passes than Tebow did, and his completion percentage was still almost as good as Tebow's. I'm hoping Dak can get closer to 65% next year and bring his INTs to around 6 or 7. If he can do that he might push himself into the top 2 rounds.

bgover4
04-20-2015, 06:05 PM
The only difference is the interceptions, and it's not because Tebow was more accurate though. The total passing yards tells the tale, Dak went downfield and threw much more risky passes than Tebow did, and his completion percentage was still almost as good as Tebow's. I'm hoping Dak can get closer to 65% next year and bring his INTs to around 6 or 7. If he can do that he might push himself into the top 2 rounds.

He does that and he could easily have a nice trophy all to himself at the end of the year