PDA

View Full Version : My honest Opinion

NeshobaChuck
04-20-2015, 12:24 PM
Cohen needs to meet with Matt Britton say you were right I was wrong I need you at thirdbase and swallow his pride and get over his ego and play the kid. Before anybody says he can't hit look at the way he hit at the end of last year and what he did vs UK before he was yanked. We all know he's not hurt to the extent Cohen has said or he wouldn't be coaching first base

Percho
04-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Cohen needs to meet with Matt Britton say you were right I was wrong I need you at thirdbase and swallow his pride and get over his ego and play the kid. Before anybody says he can't hit look at the way he hit at the end of last year and what he did vs UK before he was yanked. We all know he's not hurt to the extent Cohen has said or he wouldn't be coaching first base

I was wondering if he might be in for a red shirt?

BankerDog
04-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Britton tore his meniscus during the fall. They both got into it opening weekend, because Britton was not in the starting lineup all weekend. After the Kentucky weekend, Britton's knee actually did start flaring up. He is hurt or that is at least what Britton is telling people on campus. It might be a deal where he is still mad about his PT prior to Kentucky and is using the I am hurt card because his feelings are hurt. Who knows. But that is what is coming out of his side.

RAYn_Man
04-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Matthew Britton is hurt.

NeshobaChuck
04-20-2015, 12:40 PM
I believe he RS his freshman year and I doubt it cause we have Sprull and another guy that will be competing for the job next year and britton is a senior

NeshobaChuck
04-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Not what I've been told he's not hurt

RocketCityDawg
04-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Yes, Britton is hurt. He was in the original lineup the day after he hit well against KY. Then, hurt his knee and has not been able to play since. I haven't heard an update recently, but when it happened, the word was that he might not be back this year.

maroonmania
04-20-2015, 01:14 PM
To be honest, this year is a lost cause so the last thing on my mind is playing time for a senior who has only contributed in spots his entire career anyway. We need as much playing time for underclassmen as possible at this point because if there are not significantly better results next year then all bets are off on where this program goes.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Britton is definitely hurt.

NeshobaChuck
04-20-2015, 03:43 PM
If he had a meniscus injury don't think he would be first base coach and would definitely be showing discomfort when walking and I haven't seen that and a friend of mine just saw him said he looked fine saw no scar if he had the surgery

RocketCityDawg
04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
If he had a meniscus injury don't think he would be first base coach and would definitely be showing discomfort when walking and I haven't seen that and a friend of mine just saw him said he looked fine saw no scar if he had the surgery

Being able to walk and being able to cut and play sports are two VERY different things.

DistrictDawg92
04-20-2015, 03:56 PM
You can do a lot with a torn meniscus, but swinging a baseball bat and reacting to hard liner or ground ball down the 3rd base line would be very painful and probably make the tear even worse. If i'm not mistaken you can't heal a miniscus, but only shave it down to where the tear ends. It's a tricky situation and not one to mess with. If britton could be playing I can almost guarantee that he would at least be DHing instead of Luke Reynolds who is about to recreate the mendoza line as the Reynolds line at .150

Mjoelner34
04-20-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm sure there are different degrees of meniscus tears but some aren't too bad. I had a meniscus tear misdiagnosed 19 years ago that I just got repaired a couple of months ago and still played a season of rugby at MSU with it and a season of adult league baseball in San Diego with it. I don't doubt his is bad but just saying 'torn meniscus' doesn't necessarily mean that you're out of action. Don't know what his is but mine was a torn flap on the outer portion that the doctor ended up just clipping off.