PDA

View Full Version : Kasongo

CadaverDawg
04-19-2015, 08:27 AM
We expecting to hear any good news today?

Little birdie told me we may hear some More good news by Wednesday if so.

So what's the latest on Mr Kasongo?

msstate7
04-19-2015, 08:46 AM
If we get both of these guys, basketball excitement is about it explode. I think it happens

sbcmortgageman
04-19-2015, 08:49 AM
I read somewhere Newman does not plan to sign a LOI before enrolling in school. Apparently this is a new trend. Anyone with any info on it?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2015, 09:14 AM
On Kasongo - I'd expect something in the next 24-48hrs.
Concerning Malik & not signing a LOI it's a trend a lot of the high end players have started doing. It will be more prevalent in football than basketball. Just sign the financial aid papers so in case the coaching staff has shake up right after signing day the kid won't be bound to the school by the LOI. Actually a good idea for kids but only the very best will be able to do so. It's not a big deal concerning Malik's recruitment.

Jacksondevildog
04-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Seems to be a little smoke of LSU being a big factor for Kasongo. Any truth to that?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2015, 10:36 AM
Seems to be a little smoke of LSU being a big factor for Kasongo. Any truth to that?

Nola.com did an interview with Kasongo advisor. He had some complimentary things to say about LSU. So of course LSU fans took that as Kasongo is now a LSU lock because everybody wants to play for LSU.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-19-2015, 10:36 AM
double post

Jacksondevildog
04-19-2015, 10:46 AM
Yeah. I read the article. Hopefully we can pull him. Would be a huge pickup for next year.

Coach34
04-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Kasongo to State

msstate7
04-19-2015, 01:07 PM
If howland comes in and beats jones (great recruiter) for these 2 this quickly, it's an unbelievable sign

It_Could_Happen
04-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Crystal ball is 100% state if that means anything.

maroonmania
04-19-2015, 01:45 PM
If howland comes in and beats jones (great recruiter) for these 2 this quickly, it's an unbelievable sign

Its a good sign but I think Newman has always just needed a good reason to come to MSU, I mean he really grew up an MSU fan with his Dad a former player. Howland and the new staff have been able to give him that reason. And from what I remember, Kasongo has a relationship with Howland that goes back a number of years.

ZedFedder
04-19-2015, 03:14 PM
With our visit the only one (as of now) for Kasongo, it makes me feel pretty good.

messageboardsuperhero
04-19-2015, 08:05 PM
FWIW, the founder of JucoRecruiting.com CB'd Kasongo to State yesterday. He's been doing the crystal ball thing for the past couple of years and has yet to miss on a single prediction. I think he's something like 13 of 13 since he started doing predictions.

Bully13
04-19-2015, 08:18 PM
this thread is so full of like . I still can't believe we have Howland and Newman looking good for us. it's taking so much of the siting of the egg and orange bowl and the suckdom of the baseball season at least more palatable. this so desperately needs to happen at this point paralleled with an oxford meltdown. it would make the Merlot much more sweeter.

maroonmania
04-19-2015, 09:25 PM
this thread is so full of like . I still can't believe we have Howland and Newman looking good for us. it's taking so much of the siting of the egg and orange bowl and the suckdom of the baseball season at least more palatable. this so desperately needs to happen at this point paralleled with an oxford meltdown. it would make the Merlot much more sweeter.

I find it amazing that 2 months ago I was so excited about baseball with such confidence we would have a great season and had written off basketball as an almost hopeless situation. My how things have seemingly taken a 180 degree turn in both situations.

msstate7
04-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Read on tRant (no link was provided) that kasongo was supposed to visit lsu early May. True? If so, I don't like it

DancingRabbit
04-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Read on tRant (no link was provided) that kasongo was supposed to visit lsu early May. True? If so, I don't like it

He'll be signed before then.

maroonmania
04-20-2015, 03:55 PM

You'd be more likely to get solid information from the National Enquirer than you would from the Rant.

msstate7
04-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Anything new on kasongo?

JOHNHEVESYMADE
04-23-2015, 08:57 AM
Isn't he visiting Tennessee this weekend?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Wouldn't shock me at all to see Kasongo sign Friday also. I guess we'll see if he gets on that flight to TN tomorrow.

msstate7
04-23-2015, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't shock me at all to see Kasongo sign Friday also. I guess we'll see if he gets on that flight to TN tomorrow.

So if he does make trip, time to be concerned?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Concerned no but it would be time to pay attention.

justwin
04-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Can someone give an overview of what type of player he is and what we can realistically expect next year?

Is he a 6-8 point / 4 rebound guy per game? Better, worse?

I see he's about Ware's size so maybe the best thing is another comparable big body to Ware is the best attribute?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 11:09 AM
I think his biggest contribution next year could be on the defensive end. He's a rim protector. If he can provide that along with good d, run the floor, & finish around the rim he's done all I could ask from him.

lachepas565
04-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Can someone give an overview of what type of player he is and what we can realistically expect next year?

I see he's about Ware's size so maybe the best thing is another comparable big body to Ware is the best attribute?

He was a 4 star out of high school and signed with Oregon, but couldn't get admitted into school, but was eligible by the NCAA. I think he's a rim protector and will be an asset on the defensive end. He gets about 2 blocks per game. He doesn't have a huge presence on the offensive end - 6 points and 5 rebounds per game at Southern Idaho JC. One concern is FT shooting - he was a 42% FT shooter - might have to be pulled off the floor in crunch time to avoid "Hack-a-Shaq" defense.

chef dixon
04-23-2015, 11:39 AM

I'd bet like 8ish points, 6-8ish rebounds, 2 blocks

smootness
04-23-2015, 11:45 AM
He's a similar height to Ware but is thinner and far more athletic. He's a true 4.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 11:48 AM
He's a similar height to Ware but is thinner and far more athletic. He's a true 4.

Seeing them side by side last week he's a little taller than Ware & about the same size weight wise to Oliver Black. Kid has really long arms. I'm curious what his wingspan is.

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Seeing them side by side last week he's a little taller than Ware & about the same size weight wise to Oliver Black. Kid has really long arms. I'm curious what his wingspan is.

I was just about to post and ask the question if Kasongo really gives us anything that Oliver Black doesn't? I realize Kasongo wasn't playing huge minutes but I would think even Black could average 6 points/game in JUCO even just playing a half or little over. Kasongo seems in high demand (MSU, LSU, TN, OM, etc.) for a guy that doesn't really much of an offensive game.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 12:14 PM
I was just about to post and ask the question if Kasongo really gives us anything that Oliver Black doesn't? I realize Kasongo wasn't playing huge minutes but I would think even Black could average 6 points/game in JUCO even just playing a half or little over. Kasongo seems in high demand (MSU, LSU, TN, OM, etc.) for a guy that doesn't really much of an offensive game.

That's the thing Kasongo didn't play a half. He only avg 15min/game. They played 12 players all avg between 8-22min/game. For his time on the floor he actually had good productivity.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 12:31 PM
Kasongo is visiting TN today.

smootness
04-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Dang, that's kind of strange.

Dawg61
04-23-2015, 12:33 PM

From his tape he looks to be way more physical and aggressive than Black.

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 12:34 PM

I'm starting to have less and less confidence we get him. Seems like if he were convinced he wanted to be at MSU and knowing Malik is coming he would have gone ahead and pulled the trigger.

Dawg61
04-23-2015, 12:34 PM

Damn Tennessee is still Adidas for 2 more months**

msstate7
04-23-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm starting to have less and less confidence we get him. Seems like if he were convinced he wanted to be at MSU and knowing Malik is coming he would have gone ahead and pulled the trigger.

Yep

msstate7
04-23-2015, 12:36 PM
From his tape he looks to be way more physical and aggressive than Black.

Hey...watch it! Haha

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 12:37 PM

Ehh I feel the same about him. I wish he wouldn't take trips but I'm not too concerned plus I'm not positive but I don't think his parents made this trip. We're dealing with wanted recruits schools aren't going to just give up.

messageboardsuperhero
04-23-2015, 12:41 PM
I said it early this week, and I'll say it again- this guy is notorious for having bizarre recruitments. Nobody is going to know anything about where he's going until the pen hits the paper. That's why I never bought the "Kasongo is a done deal" stuff. Not questioning anyone's sources on this because I'm sure he led our coaches to believe he would commit, but I'm just not buying anything on this kid until he actually pulls the trigger.

Dawg496
04-23-2015, 12:42 PM
This is how it's going to be with recruits that actually have options. They will take visits. Hopefully we move from competing with Tennessee to worrying about visits to Duke, Kansas, etc. Even Tennessee is a good program so we should get used to these types of things.

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I said it early this week, and I'll say it again- this guy is notorious for having bizarre recruitments. Nobody is going to know anything about where he's going until the pen hits the paper. That's why I never bought the "Kasongo is a done deal" stuff. Not questioning anyone's sources on this because I'm sure he led our coaches to believe he would commit, but I'm just not buying anything on this kid until he actually pulls the trigger.

Well, sounds like he's the only other target we have so if he comes we make a roster move to have room, if he doesn't I guess we go with what we currently have plus just adding Malik.

Dawg61
04-23-2015, 12:52 PM
Well, sounds like he's the only other target we have so if he comes we make a roster move to have room, if he doesn't I guess we go with what we currently have plus just adding Malik.

Bring back Tookie!!

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 12:52 PM

We're also adding another 4* guard in Weatherspoon. He seems to always be the forgotten man in this class but the kid can play.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Bring back Tookie!!

Let it go

Irondawg
04-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Kasongo is different that any other type of player we currently have on the roster. He's very quick off the floor so yeah he's contribution would be at the defensive end mostly. I'd guess 6-8 a game + 6 boards and 2 blk as averages. If we get him we become a much, much better defensive team automatically.

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 01:14 PM
We're also adding another 4* guard in Weatherspoon. He seems to always be the forgotten man in this class but the kid can play.

I was including guys that have already signed like Weatherspoon and Strugg. Only player not "official" yet is Malik. Malik replacing Tookie fills us up already, we only need to create a roster spot for 2015 if Kasongo signs.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-23-2015, 01:38 PM
I was including guys that have already signed like Weatherspoon and Strugg. Only player not "official" yet is Malik. Malik replacing Tookie fills us up already, we only need to create a roster spot for 2015 if Kasongo signs.

Gotcha my bad.

Harrydawg
04-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Is it a possibility that Konsoga gives us his official pledge tomorrow
after Malik?

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Damn Tennessee is still Adidas for 2 more months**

Can't imagine Adidas would help land a recruit for a school that is about to part ways with them.

DistrictDawg92
04-23-2015, 03:28 PM

Agreed, he's a top 100 recruit nationally.

Dawg61
04-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Can't imagine Adidas would help land a recruit for a school that is about to part ways with them.

When you see ** after a post it's to let you know it's a joke or sarcasm

maroonmania
04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
When you see ** after a post it's to let you know it's a joke or sarcasm

OK, guess I haven't learned that code.

MSUDawg99
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
OK, guess I haven't learned that code.

*** aka Sarcastrics

sbcmortgageman
04-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Guys he's coming to State.