PDA

View Full Version : Individual reports on football players

msstate7
04-18-2015, 10:05 PM
I missed the game, so you guys help me out. How did these guys look today?

Brandon Bryant
Will Coleman
Jonathon Calvin
Jesse Jackson
Grant Harris
Corey Thomas
Dixon brothers

Also, did any TE besides walley play well? Is TE a concern?

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:08 PM
The one name that sticks out is Bryant. Made a couple of really good plays, but gave up a td.... Guy was wide open. I was talking at the time so I'm not sure who was at fault on that one.

FlabLoser
04-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Wyatt tweeted that Staley can throw it 60 off his back foot. Can sling it 80 with his feet set. Sure wish he could get some PT in.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 10:13 PM
Wyatt tweeted that Staley can throw it 60 off his back foot. Can sling it 80 with his feet set. Sure wish he could get some PT in.

Wow. That's freaking impressive. Hopefully he can throw the short passes accurately.

Concerning fitz/staley/Williams backup race... I wonder if it hurts staley this year some since he's the only lefty in the bunch. I know it won't hurt him next year in the starter competition, but it might this year for backup

Coach34
04-18-2015, 10:14 PM
Jackson didnt play
Corey Thomas is a player
Coleman and Calvin great depth

War Machine Dawg
04-19-2015, 12:20 AM
I was there. Probably the most useless spring game we've had in a long, long time. There was almost nothing I learned today that I couldn't have already guessed.

Bryant made a nice play or two, but didn't stand out. Smokey Graham has a long way to go at CB, but to be fair, he was being asked to cover Bear in man most of the day. Not a whole lot of guys are going to do that successfully. Aeries Williams had more of a burst than I expected, but still has room to improve, particularly catching. Donation Lee looked damn good. Really, that was about it.

Schultzy
04-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Will Coleman is a good pass rusher, he will remind you of Titus Brown.

CadaverDawg
04-19-2015, 08:38 AM
I thought Thomas looked REAL good at DT. Hoyett had some nice plays as well.

Brandon Bryant wasn't a guy I saw a lot, which is probably a good thing. Graham has a lot of work to do at CB, but if he wouldn't beat himself up so much after every play he wouldn't stand out so much. Dude is hard on himself.

Calvin looked good at times, not good at others, but appears to be good depth. Coleman didn't look quite as good as Calvin to me, but still played solid.

AJ Jefferson is going to explode this year.
Nick James is playing with a new motor.
If Jones and Brown play up to potential, AJ & Nick will make our DL tough to block.

Cedric Jiles is on a mission for PT...he looked outstanding to me. Same for JT Gray and Gerri Green