msstate7
04-18-2015, 06:10 PM
Florida
At ark x 3
OM
Lsu x 3
At OM x 3
Tenn x 3

We're now 22-18. What do you think is our final record? Regional?

Coach34
04-18-2015, 06:12 PM
We're done. We simply arent good enough to make the NCAA Tourney this year- from the coaching staff on down.

We're 6-11...I'm figuring we'll end up around 11-19

Quaoarsking
04-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Arkansas and Tennessee have the same RPI problems we do, so getting 6 games against them should help.

As always, we make a Regional if we get to 15-15 and don't if we don't. Really important to win tomorrow and avoid the sweep.

Todd4State
04-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Probably about 28 or 29 wins.

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 07:43 PM
27-27 unless a rain out or two helps us get over .500, that is, if its the right rain out

preachermatt83
04-18-2015, 09:40 PM

Calling engie... Engie? Oh engie???? Where art thou engie??!?! Lol

preachermatt83
04-18-2015, 09:42 PM

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 09:48 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Is this like those commercials that run back to back?

basedog
04-18-2015, 09:52 PM
I think we lose Sunday to Florida, this team is done. This is the biggest disappointed I've been in baseball in a long long time, yes we were bad in other years but we have way underachieved this year.

I'm beginning to wonder about Cohen and the future, that was hard to type as I have been a fan but he isn't what I thought he would be as for as how we hit and play small ball. Recruit recruit recruit!

maroonmania
04-18-2015, 10:41 PM
I think we lose Sunday to Florida, this team is done. This is the biggest disappointed I've been in baseball in a long long time, yes we were bad in other years but we have way underachieved this year.

I'm beginning to wonder about Cohen and the future, that was hard to type as I have been a fan but he isn't what I thought he would be as for as how we hit and play small ball. Recruit recruit recruit!

I'm somewhat in the same boat. He is definitely elevating our recruiting level, and that part I'm excited about, but his hitting philosophy is a concern and IMO Cohen certainly has not lived up to the billing he came in with as one of the better hitting coaches in the country. Even years we have been good under Cohen its primarily been off of a dominant bullpen and we never really hit for any power. Hopefully the supposed "better recruits" will fix a lot of the problems on offense but its gonna be wait and see for me at this point.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Florida
At ark x 3
OM
Lsu x 3
At OM x 3
Tenn x 3

I'm gonna say we lose to Florida, 2-1 vs ark, 2-2 vs OM, 1 against lsu, and sweep tenn. That will make us 30-24

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 11:05 PM
We have to go 9-4 the rest of the way on the wkd to make a regional. Ain't happening. We suck as a coaching staff right now and it's inexplicable.

Todd4State
04-18-2015, 11:08 PM
We have to go 9-4 the rest of the way on the wkd to make a regional. Ain't happening. We suck as a coaching staff right now and it's inexplicable.

I sense that there is something going on behind the scenes with the coaching staff that we aren't seeing. Weird rumors about Dillon coaching hitting and things like that.

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Somebody on the staff is making the stupid ass lineup and pitching decisions for 9 innings every game. Don't know who so I'm gonna blame it on the 2 highest paid guys in the land. They should be paying us for the shit they are throwing out there. I pray some guy in his first year here isn't gonna be the scapegoat for us maybe not even making the SEC tournament. That would just be straight shitty.

State82
04-19-2015, 09:51 AM
I sense that there is something going on behind the scenes with the coaching staff that we aren't seeing. Weird rumors about Dillon coaching hitting and things like that.

I think so too. I was told by a pitcher several weeks ago that Cohen is sticking his nose in Butch's bidness. Now, just what and how much is impossible to know but that can't be helping things.

CadaverDawg
04-19-2015, 10:05 AM

I'm with basedog. So disappointed in our baseball program...and 2 years after a National Championship appearance no less. Just unacceptable. We should be thriving right now after that run.

Jacksondevildog
04-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Ultimately, Cohen is going to be forced to make a change offensively for our baseball program. Either Strick has to nut up and tell him to hire a guy or Cohen is going to have to make that change and not be hard headed. It's what's best for the program or we will continue to be a traveling Fungo Man machine offensive baseball team. Ive never seen a team hit so many weak ground balls in all of my life and it's been that way for two years.

RougeDawg
04-19-2015, 11:22 AM

He has been awfully quiet lately on here. Maybe he's still crunchin the numbers, trying to predict exactly when this Cohen team will turn it on and make their late season run. That's been his "Maroon Blinders" all season. Or maybe he actually looked up proper hitting mechanics and is finally starting to see how bad the majority of our hitter's Mechanics are.

It is quite possible he's on suicide watch. He reminds me of the spouse/Significant other, who simply refuses to believe the other is cheating on them even when they have seen evidence of the cheating. They remain in denial and allow it to continue, because they originally believed so strongly in the person. That's how Engine views Johnny.

RougeDawg
04-19-2015, 11:26 AM
I'm somewhat in the same boat. He is definitely elevating our recruiting level, and that part I'm excited about, but his hitting philosophy is a concern and IMO Cohen certainly has not lived up to the billing he came in with as one of the better hitting coaches in the country. Even years we have been good under Cohen its primarily been off of a dominant bullpen and we never really hit for any power. Hopefully the supposed "better recruits" will fix a lot of the problems on offense but its gonna be wait and see for me at this point.

One thing a lot of people are not factoring in to their thinking he is/was ever a hitting guru, Is the UK field and a lineup of decent lefties would make just about Any coach look like a hitting genius.

maroonmania
04-19-2015, 12:27 PM
One thing a lot of people are not factoring in to their thinking he is/was ever a hitting guru, Is the UK field and a lineup of decent lefties would make just about Any coach look like a hitting genius.

Well, I thought he had a good reputation as a hitting coach even from his days at NW State and Florida. No doubt KY's field is advantageous to any offense but KY did do really well offensively while he was there.

maroonmania
04-19-2015, 12:32 PM
I think so too. I was told by a pitcher several weeks ago that Cohen is sticking his nose in Butch's bidness. Now, just what and how much is impossible to know but that can't be helping things.

Given we've only scored more than 3 runs once in our last five conference games, maybe Butch needs to stick his nose into the offense.

Coach34
04-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Well, I thought he had a good reputation as a hitting coach even from his days at NW State and Florida. No doubt KY's field is advantageous to any offense but KY did do really well offensively while he was there.

Florida had one of the best offenses in the nation when Cohen was there. I dont know wtf has happened. All I can figure is with Dudy Noble being a Black Hole now with the new bats- he has had a philosophy change he thinks works best at DNF. Except that it doesnt- it sux. It's boring as hell going to a weekend series and watching 1 HR hit total by both teams in 3 games.

We also arent spending enough scholarship money on hitters. Thats obvious. We've got to get better hitting talent on campus that is taller than 5'10

maroonmania
04-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Florida had one of the best offenses in the nation when Cohen was there. I dont know wtf has happened. All I can figure is with Dudy Noble being a Black Hole now with the new bats- he has had a philosophy change he thinks works best at DNF. Except that it doesnt- it sux. It's boring as hell going to a weekend series and watching 1 HR hit total by both teams in 3 games.

We also arent spending enough scholarship money on hitters. Thats obvious. We've got to get better hitting talent on campus that is taller than 5'10

Look, I don't see anything sacred about the DIMENSIONS at DNF. If it will help gives us a more entertaining product to watch and get Cohen out of this bunting obsession I wouldn't have a problem with moving in the fences ALL THE WAY around the outfield by 10 to 15 feet. Yes, we would give up more HRs as well as hitting more, but it would be a lot more entertaining to watch and maybe that would help us recruit more power hitters to MSU.

preachermatt83
04-19-2015, 10:08 PM
Look, I don't see anything sacred about the DIMENSIONS at DNF. If it will help gives us a more entertaining product to watch and get Cohen out of this bunting obsession I wouldn't have a problem with moving in the fences ALL THE WAY around the outfield by 10 to 15 feet. Yes, we would give up more HRs as well as hitting more, but it would be a lot more entertaining to watch and maybe that would help us recruit more power hitters to MSU.

This!

RocketCityDawg
04-20-2015, 10:18 AM

I have had it confirmed by a player that Dillon is the hitting coach. Cohen helps some, but Dillon is the guy.