Robson
Rea
Holland
Reynolds
Gridley
Heck

preachermatt83
04-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Where is Hump? Am I late on something? Did he play last night ?

Ralph
04-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Backward k to end game

Coach34
04-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Where is Hump? Am I late on something? Did he play last night ?

Cerrano is getting off speed and slidered to death lately

Coach34
04-18-2015, 02:19 PM
Robson batting 4th just makes me want to throw up

BeardoMSU
04-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Robson batting 4th just makes me want to throw up

Serious, what justification in their right mind can be made for that decision? This shit is getting ludicrous!

msstate7
04-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Serious, what justification in their right mind can be made for that decision? This shit is getting ludicrous!

Can't mess with success*

Quaoarsking
04-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Batting a guy with an over .500 OBP fifth is pretty bad too.

Homedawg
04-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Cerrano is getting off speed and slidered to death lately

Last night he took two called thirds on fb!

msstate7
04-18-2015, 02:35 PM
That loss run is directly on cohen

msstate7
04-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Get a runner on 3rd with 1 out and it's Reynolds at the plate. Cohen is dumb

Smitty
04-18-2015, 02:39 PM
Reynolds lol

msstate7
04-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Reynolds lol

Dh at that

sandwolf
04-18-2015, 02:46 PM
It feels like Heck has been in a horrible slump for like 3 or 4 weeks. Am I wrong about that?

msstate7
04-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Hate to say it, but I feel like brown is on borrowed time. 6 hits and only 1 run. If he gives up another, we probably lose. We can't hit

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Atta boy robson

sandwolf
04-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Nicely done Rea.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:06 PM
Great job rea

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 03:13 PM
2 strike breaking ball approach. Good job Preston with the fastball

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:15 PM
2 strike breaking ball approach. Good job Preston with the fastball

Good inning

sandwolf
04-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Brown looked pretty sharp in the 5th

Smitty
04-18-2015, 03:17 PM
Reynolds in this lineup is a travesty, much more than Robson at cleanup.

sandwolf
04-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Anybody know what the situation with Britton is? Is he still hurt?

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Cohen, reynolds? At dh? Are you serious?

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 03:19 PM
Reynolds should have been red shirted

cbrunt29
04-18-2015, 03:20 PM
How many choppy ground balls have we hit today? I've lost count.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Reynolds should have been red shirted

Reynolds' spot should be held by a HS player

confucius say
04-18-2015, 03:28 PM
Move the helicopter!

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Score? Not near radio or TV

Drugdog
04-18-2015, 03:33 PM
1-1

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Score? Not near radio or TV

1-1 bottom 6th

Preston pitching well

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:35 PM
3rd look at this guy. Get something done

sandwolf
04-18-2015, 03:37 PM
It feels like Heck has been in a horrible slump for like 3 or 4 weeks. Am I wrong about that?

Looks like he is 8-26 in April, but he only has 1 rbi......so maybe it is just the clutch hitting that makes it seem that way.

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Why isn't the rest of the Florida pitchers acting like total ****ing morons while last nights pitcher gets interviewed? Thats not normal?

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Why isn't the rest of the Florida pitchers acting like total ****ing morons while last nights pitcher gets interviewed? Thats not normal?

I remember when Cohen ran a tight ship, not a clown school.

What makes me sick is that CWS team earned privileges that this enjoys yet hasn't earned

mparkerfd20
04-18-2015, 03:46 PM
Collins looked lost at the plate that AB.

cbrunt29
04-18-2015, 03:47 PM
We absolutely suck ass

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:49 PM
We absolutely suck ass

Nah man, Cohen is awesome and we're loaded with talent**

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Gotta bad feeling about this inning

Bucky Dog
04-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Why didn't Florida bunt right then??!!!!!!

msstate7
04-18-2015, 03:57 PM
Fitts, please don't walk the 1st guy

Liverpooldawg
04-18-2015, 04:00 PM
They bunted right there.

Drugdog
04-18-2015, 04:00 PM
Wow. Bad News Bears.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:01 PM
Cohen, o'sullivan beating you at your own game

Quaoarsking
04-18-2015, 04:02 PM
We really can't catch a break this year.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:03 PM
That play there is an example of why Rea is a good defender, but hardly elite. His range isn't good enough. Playing in, 1st baseman should catch that bunt

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:05 PM
We really can't catch a break this year.

Florida has 10 hits, an error, and a WP, yet they only lead 2-1. We can't take advantage of the breaks we get

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:09 PM
Not sure about this. Bet rea's spot is up with game on line in 9th

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Smith hopping with ball in play. Nice call Cohen. Now we don't have one of our better bats. Cohen is a terrible coach

Original48
04-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Really complementary to hear the announcer earlier report what the rest of the sec coaches think about our batting 'they're a team full of two hole hitters lacking any real punch in the middle of their lineup.' Humiliating.

Edited to get the quote correct...'lacking any real punch in the middle of their lineup'

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Really complementary to hear the announcer earlier report what the rest of the sec coaches think about our batting 'they're a team full of two hole hitters with little punch in the middle of their lineup.' Humiliating.

One of the guys that can actually tie this with 1 swing got pulled for a pinch runner in the 7th f'n inning

Bucky Dog
04-18-2015, 04:23 PM
It's sad that I have zero confidence that we can score 1 run in two innings!

RougeDawg
04-18-2015, 04:25 PM
It is extremely difficult to watch us play. The only hitter we have who seems to have had proper instruction is Gavin Collins. When some of you on here bash me for talking about mechanics and stance, he is the only player we have with it. Look at his elbows, they are close together, and he actually pinches them together in his pre swing motion. The reason he is able to to this is he is gripping the bat properly, with his fingers and pinching his wrists together. This type of grip makes it nearly impossible to roll your hands prior to contact. As opposed to Brown, Vick, Robson. They all choke the bat with the palm of the hand and have more of a roll over swing. Robson's back elbow being that high is causing him to swing around his front hip and the reason he just chopped that one to second. Cody Brown would see a power increase if he would stand up more straight and grip the bat with his fingers. His swing is not as much "roll over" as the majority of our hitters and a simple grip adjustment would eliminate the roll in his swing.

This is the first day I've actually sat down to watch us without any other distractions or things to do. Bottom line from watching our hitters the entire game, they are not getting instruction on the little things that will make them better. Isn't that what each and ever one of us on here wants? For Mississippi State to be as good as we possibly can in everything? So why are we accepting inadequate hitting coaching, technique, mechanics and the mental aspect? We clearly do not have that and should be able to easily find a hitting coach who can make some minor adjustments with our hitters, that will dramatically improve our offensive output. These aren't major changes to our hitters. Some just need to change their grip, starting hand positions and stance and the proper swing will be there. It's difficult to have a proper swing if your stance starts off with 2 or 3 things out of alignment.

But to our defense, some of these Florida hitters have the same issues we do. From what I've experienced and heard from other players is a majority of D-1 programs do not teach hitting from a mechanics standpoint. The ones that do have potent offenses. Just look at the bears and ULL last year. Both teams had "mechanics" hitting coaches and the offenses were some of the best in the nation. I just get tired of seeing our baseball program under-utilize and under develop the players we are bringing in. There's no excuse for the lack of offense we have based on the players who have been signed the last 3-4 years.

ETA: Rooker has some damn good mechanics. His elbows were close together, pre swing, and his hands opened up his hips properly. What I mean by that is his hips did not open until his hands forced them to. Wes Rea is the exact opposite. His swing is disconnected in that his hips open up before his hands come through, costing him a ton of power and why he actually has more power to oppo gap than pull gap. On the outside pitch he doesn't try to open his hips and gains power.

ETA2: Vickerson's back elbow is horrendous. He is losing a ton of power with it up like that. I know I've been preaching mechanics regarding hand and elbow positioning and have gotten a lot of flack, mainly due to people never been around someone who teaches proper mechanics. I'll provide an analogy as to why "keeping both elbows close together and close to the body" improves power. How many Boxers have you ever seen try to throw a power punch with their elbows away from their body or parallel to the ground? I cant name any. The further you elbows get away from your core, the less power they are able to deliver. It's physics and many of you should have your questions answered, about lack of power from our hitters from this one simple concept.

Bucky Dog
04-18-2015, 04:30 PM
It is extremely difficult to watch us play. The only hitter we have who seems to have had proper instruction is Gavin Collins. When some of you on here bash me for talking about mechanics and stance, he is the only player we have with it. Look at his elbows, they are close together, and he actually pinches them together in his pre swing motion. The reason he is able to to this is he is gripping the bat properly, with his fingers and pinching his wrists together. This type of grip makes it nearly impossible to roll your hands prior to contact. As opposed to Brown, Vick, Robson. They all choke the bat with the palm of the hand and have more of a roll over swing. Robson's back elbow being that high is causing him to swing around his front hip and the reason he just chopped that one to second. Cody Brown would see a power increase if he would stand up more straight and grip the bat with his fingers. His swing is not as much "roll over" as the majority of our hitters and a simple grip adjustment would eliminate the roll in his swing.

This is the first day I've actually sat down to watch us without any other distractions or things to do. Bottom line from watching our hitters the entire game, they are not getting instruction on the little things that will make them better. Isn't that what each and ever one of us on here wants? For Mississippi State to be as good as we possibly can in everything? So why are we accepting inadequate hitting coaching, technique, mechanics and the mental aspect? We clearly do not have that and should be able to easily find a hitting coach who can make some minor adjustments with our hitters, that will dramatically improve our offensive output. These aren't major changes to our hitters. Some just need to change their grip, starting hand positions and stance and the proper swing will be there. It's difficult to have a proper swing if your stance starts off with 2 or 3 things out of alignment.

But to our defense, some of these Florida hitters have the same issues we do. From what I've experienced and heard from other players is a majority of D-1 programs do not teach hitting from a mechanics standpoint. The ones that do have potent offenses. Just look at the bears and ULL last year. Both teams had "mechanics" hitting coaches and the offenses were some of the best in the nation. I just get tired of seeing our baseball program under-utilize and under develop the players we are bringing in. There's no excuse for the lack of offense we have based on the players who have been signed the last 3-4 years.

Funny, but I was just about to write something very similar! This is the first time I have watched us as well and have a few observations, which may be very obvious:

We are too ****ing small!
And I comlpletely agree with Rouge, our mechanics at the plate are horrible! I have never seen mor 3/4 swings and chopping down at the ball in my life. We can generate no power. Most of our guys swings are not fluid and we watch too many pitches. Pretty sad.

Bucky Dog
04-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Vick better swing at this fastball strike!!

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Rea's spot will definitely be up again. Can't believe we pulled him. Can't believe we started Reynolds.

mparkerfd20
04-18-2015, 04:38 PM
I look forward to the day John Cohen is no longer our coach and/or we have a real hitting coach. I expect it will take Cohen completely leaving for the latter to happen.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:39 PM
I look forward to the day John Cohen is no longer our coach and we have a real coach.

Never thought I'd say this about Cohen, but I agree.

RougeDawg
04-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Funny, but I was just about to write something very similar! This is the first time I have watched us as well and have a few observations, which may be very obvious:

We are too ****ing small!
And I comlpletely agree with Rouge, our mechanics at the plate are horrible! I have never seen mor 3/4 swings and chopping down at the ball in my life. We can generate no power. Most of our guys swings are not fluid and we watch too many pitches. Pretty sad.

Glad someone else can see this. The one bright spot is we can easily fix these issues between this year and next if our hard headed HC will nutt up, swallow his pride, and hire a GD hitting coach.

RougeDawg
04-18-2015, 04:44 PM
I look forward to the day John Cohen is no longer our coach and/or we have a real hitting coach. I expect it will take Cohen completely leaving for the latter to happen.

Sadly, I think you are correct. His ego will not allow him to admit he's need help with hitting instruction. But our offense really has not changed during his tenure. We just had some really talented hitters who got instruction at summer leagues and JUCO, and a lockdown bullpen. The main thing was the Bullpen masking most of the deficiencies. The lack of a pen has fully exposed our offense this year.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:44 PM
I would be shocked if we score a run. Absolutely shocked.

Bucky Dog
04-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Glad someone else can see this. The one bright spot is we can easily fix these issues between this year and next if our hard headed HC will nutt up, swallow his pride, and hire a GD hitting coach.

Watch how many of our guys swings end with their hands closer to their waist than their shoulders. We can't drive the ball and this is Cohen's ***** ass philosophy!

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Gavin needs to just swing for the fences. No one can drive him in if he gets a single

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Ballgame

Bucky Dog
04-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Another good reason to have Robson hitting cleanup so he can hit one out and tie the game!*****

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Sure would be nice to have Rea on deck

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:49 PM
Just swing for the fences hump. Screw it

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 04:50 PM

ETA: Rooker has some damn good mechanics. His elbows were close together, pre swing, and his hands opened up his hips properly. What I mean by that is his hips did not open until his hands forced them to. Wes Rea is the exact opposite. His swing is disconnected in that his hips open up before his hands come through, costing him a ton of power and why he actually has more power to oppo gap than pull gap. On the outside pitch he doesn't try to open his hips and gains power.

ETA2: Vickerson's back elbow is horrendous. He is losing a ton of power with it up like that. I know I've been preaching mechanics regarding hand and elbow positioning and have gotten a lot of flack, mainly due to people never been around someone who teaches proper mechanics. I'll provide an analogy as to why "keeping both elbows close together and close to the body" improves power. How many Boxers have you ever seen try to throw a power punch with their elbows away from their body or parallel to the ground? I cant name any. The further you elbows get away from your core, the less power they are able to deliver. It's physics and many of you should have your questions answered, about lack of power from our hitters from this one simple concept.

You get bashed because you act like you're Ted ****ing Williams

Quaoarsking
04-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Tomorrow is now a huge must win. Can't fall to 6-12...

msstate7
04-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Tomorrow is now a huge must win. Can't fall to 6-12...

We're finished. O'sullivan is gonna bitch slap Cohen tomorrow

Quaoarsking
04-18-2015, 05:03 PM
We've been avoiding the Sweep all year, which is the key to mediocre teams surviving in the SEC. Win tomorrow and we still have a shot at a Regional. It's a much longer shot with a loss tomorrow.

TopDog58
04-18-2015, 05:07 PM
We've been avoiding the Sweep all year, which is the key to mediocre teams surviving in the SEC. Win tomorrow and we still have a shot at a Regional. It's a much longer shot with a loss tomorrow.

This team of slapdicks wouldn't get into a women's regional

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Lemme guess. Florida scored pitifully few runs and dared us to score a few runs and beat them. What was the final?

JohnnyQuid
04-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Lemme guess. Florida scored pitifully few runs and dared us to score a few runs and beat them. What was the final?

2-1

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 07:46 PM
2-1

Mah

War Machine Dawg
04-19-2015, 12:11 AM
One of the guys that can actually tie this with 1 swing got pulled for a pinch runner in the 7th f'n inning

Except that he's an Adam Dunn size Casey Kotchman. Look like Tarzan, hit like Jane. Rea is NOT a power hitter, no matter how big he is. Power hitters have more than 3 HRs by the mid-point of SEC play.

War Machine Dawg
04-19-2015, 12:16 AM

This team doesn't deserve postseason play. Hopefully we'll be put out of our misery sooner rather than later and we can focus on football.