PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game Thread

Dallas_Dawg
04-18-2015, 09:57 AM
Sorry if Germans but is it going to be broadcasted live? I see it starts at 10:30 but sec network doesn't show it coming on it or the alternate channel.
I thought I read that it was going to be live on SEC network

Dallas_Dawg
04-18-2015, 09:59 AM
If it won't be live, you guys lucky enough to be there please give us updates at your convenience. Thanks in advance

Covercorner2
04-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Its going to be on one of the alternate SEC Network Channels at 11AM CT. Live and in color. I also believe that we are fortunate enough to be the only game on at that time, so we wont have to share air time with other schools (whip around coverage)....

spiritual_machine2005
04-18-2015, 10:10 AM
I can get it on my watchESPN app on appletv at 11am on SECnetwork+

oldjoedawg
04-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Broadcast live on Uverse 1608 (alternate channel for SECN)

ChevChelios
04-18-2015, 10:48 AM
Does cableone even carry that channel?

yjnkdawg
04-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Should be on Directv 611-1. Let's hope that Directv has their alternate channel problem fixed.

spudd21
04-18-2015, 11:08 AM
Dish 569

Statefan
04-18-2015, 11:13 AM
Pros thus far:

Fitzgerald
Dontavian Lee
Last time we have to wear these jerseys!!!

ChevChelios
04-18-2015, 11:14 AM
Fitz to Morrow for 37... has a ring to it

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Pros thus far:

Fitzgerald
Dontavian Lee
Last time we have to wear these jerseys!!!

Agreed and Morrow and Thomas looked really good as well on that drive.

Ralph
04-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Fitz & Lee look sharp

missouridawg
04-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Nicky Fitz looks amazing.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 11:22 AM
Not watching...

I see all posts are about offensive players. Is our defense offering any resistance at all?

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:23 AM
Nice TD to Bear. And bad call on incompletion to Brown.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:25 AM
The coverage on Bear was good just a good throw and catch. The maroon line has gotten some pressure and tipped a couple of passes. Now good tackle for loss by AJ Jefferson while being blocked

confucius say
04-18-2015, 11:27 AM
How do rb look?

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Int of Fitz by Green!!

hailmari
04-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Good defense on Bear by Jiles. Hope he stays healthy.

GreenheadDawg
04-18-2015, 11:42 AM
How does Dak look?

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:48 AM
How does Dak look?

Good. I will be surprised if both our QB numbers at half are not better than TSUN QB for their entire game.

BeardoMSU
04-18-2015, 11:49 AM
How does Dak look?

Dak gonna Dak.

maroonmania
04-18-2015, 11:50 AM
I'll go ahead and say it. Dontavian Lee will be the #1 TB by the 4th or 5th week of the season. Dude looks great.

ChevChelios
04-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Lee is a big motha fawka

Coach34
04-18-2015, 11:51 AM
How do rb look?

Dontavian Lee is going to be outstanding...Shump is solid...Aeris looks good.

hailmari
04-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Shump still might be best at pass protection, but Lee is looking better at everything else. Big, athletic, solid speed.

ChevChelios
04-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Aeris looked good running over Jiles.

hailmari
04-18-2015, 11:59 AM
That he did. I bet he's put on ten pounds of muscle.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 12:01 PM
All three backs should be really good for us over the course of their career.

drunkernhelldawg
04-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Like what I'm seeing. Sharp play for a spring game.

Loved Mullen's comment on Fitzgerald earlier. Gives me a lot of optimism for the future and the upcoming season.

GreenheadDawg
04-18-2015, 12:14 PM
I'll go ahead and say it. Dontavian Lee will be the #1 TB by the 4th or 5th week of the season. Dude looks great.

Haven't seen him yet but a couple buddies have this spring and they said the exact same thing

Saltydog
04-18-2015, 12:17 PM
the guy. He's tru maroon, all the time.

BrunswickDawg
04-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Been saying for 2 years that when y'all get to see Fitz in action that you will be very impressed. He has it. Our QB situation is in good hands with Fitz and Staley in the pipeline.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2015, 12:22 PM

He looks like a Dixon clone but he is only a freshman. Our RBs are going to be an upgrade from last year. Losing JRob is offset by how good Dontavian Lee and Aeris looks. Shump looks like the light has come on about hitting holes and not running over other players. As many great plays JRob had, you wonder how much better we will be in pass blocking.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 12:24 PM

Our run game could very well be an issue during the season. Aeris isn't looking good.

I like a lot of what I see, run game is not one of them and we will not compete for the sec without that ability. Has to come from more than Dak.... who is not having a good game.

msstate7
04-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Like what I'm seeing. Sharp play for a spring game.

Loved Mullen's comment on Fitzgerald earlier. Gives me a lot of optimism for the future and the upcoming season.

What was the comment?

Coach007
04-18-2015, 12:29 PM
It was Graham that was burned by wilson and his head motion.

Sacrifice
04-18-2015, 12:30 PM
I might've missed it but did Aeris have a carry in the 1st half? Looked like he was mostly running pass patterns.

Saltydog
04-18-2015, 12:31 PM
nt

BeardoMSU
04-18-2015, 12:31 PM
the guy. He's tru maroon, all the time.

I agree. When he retires from the NFL I hope we can make a position for him on staff, or at least something in the athletic dept. If he was interested, obviously.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Graham burned 2 mores times by fred. I have yet to see Williams run jt. 3 passes to him... he heard foot steps and dropped one. All 3 were screens.

Sacrifice
04-18-2015, 12:36 PM
Gus Walley looking good.

vv83
04-18-2015, 12:42 PM
Nick looks real good. Obviously I haven't seen Staley play yet, but I feel like the backup is Nicks to lose. Kid looks sharp

Coach007
04-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Gus is solid. A gamer. Ballin out baller

Sacrifice
04-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Man I loving how all hell is breaking lose around Fitz and it doesn't faze him.

drunkernhelldawg
04-18-2015, 12:46 PM
Fitzgerald very impressive today. A freshman.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2015, 12:49 PM
Fitz right now looks ahead of where Dak was his Freshman spring. Hopefully he improves like Dak has the last couple of years. Dak looks even more comfortable at where he is going with the ball.

Bothrops
04-18-2015, 12:50 PM
Where's #10?

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2015, 12:52 PM
I think Dan said he tweaked something last week so they were holding him out of the spring game.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Dak 20-29 for 231 yards and 3 td. Aries running good right now. The backs (Lee especially) looked really good even if it's a spring game.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Our run game could very well be an issue during the season. Aeris isn't looking good.

I like a lot of what I see, run game is not one of them and we will not compete for the sec without that ability. Has to come from more than Dak.... who is not having a good game.

whatttttt....thaaaaaa....****kkkk????

Our run game looks better. Dude, the QB's cant even run today. Our offense is going to be better than last year- and our RB's are better than last year

Coach34
04-18-2015, 01:03 PM
Nick looks real good. Obviously I haven't seen Staley play yet, but I feel like the backup is Nicks to lose. Kid looks sharp

Staley is a better thrower than Fitz

ScoobaDawg
04-18-2015, 01:04 PM
annnd so much for watching the last 4 (yes meaningless....but stilll).... minutes? Cut to the LSU Spring game? we cant have more than one feed at a time.
Stupid ESPN

Sacrifice
04-18-2015, 01:16 PM
I know it's just a spring game but Shump looked like the 3rd best back on the team right now. When Williams finally did get some carries he looked very good and Lee is solid. both look quicker and faster than Shump.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 01:20 PM
We mixed and matched the OL's- the left side for Dakota today was Jenkins and Flowers

DudyDawg
04-18-2015, 01:21 PM
I disagree. I think shump looked good from the stands. Stats didn't set the world on fire but he was split out a lot and made a nice little catch on a swing. Not worried about the backfield at all

Also, if you haven't seen in it in person to compare, Gerri Green is gigantic

Coach007
04-18-2015, 01:35 PM
whatttttt....thaaaaaa....****kkkk????

Our run game looks better. Dude, the QB's cant even run today. Our offense is going to be better than last year- and our RB's are better than last year

No it doesnt. I understand they could not run. That has little to do with what I said.

Treemydawg
04-18-2015, 01:36 PM
That he did. I bet he's put on ten pounds of muscle.

Well that sucks with all roids our team is on it should be at least 25 - 30 lbs******

Bothrops
04-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Lee looks like a two year veteran. I thought his hs video was more impressive than Williams'. Williams reminds me a little of Perkins. Looks pretty damn agile. We are in good shape at RB.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 01:56 PM
Lee did look good. Williams not so much. We had a running problem with Russell at qb. Dak fixed that somewhat. But like I said before, we can not rely strictly on him for production. Had we an elite back and better run blocking last year, we make the play offs.

A lot of great things are happening on the field. Great defensive instincts from players.... enough to field a great first unit, enough to have depth that will keep us in games. Dak and the receivers are enough to keep us competitive in most games. But we dont play average teams. We play Lsu, ark, bama, ol? miss, and auburn. We struggled with teams past mid season due to the fact of the run game. Contain Dak and that's it.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Lee did look good. Williams not so much. We had a running problem with Russell at qb. Dak fixed that somewhat. But like I said before, we can not rely strictly on him for production. Had we an elite back and better run blocking last year, we make the play offs.

A lot of great things are happening on the field. Great defensive instincts from players.... enough to field a great first unit, enough to have depth that will keep us in games. Dak and the receivers are enough to keep us competitive in most games. But we dont play average teams. We play Lsu, ark, bama, ol? miss, and auburn. We struggled with teams past mid season due to the fact of the run game. Contain Dak and that's it.

load of shit. It was our 1st half gameplanning vs Bama and Ole Missus and our Defense.

We lost to Bama because we didnt run JRob enough and then couldnt get their offense off the field when we needed to.
Ole Missus had over 500 yards of offense. Shumpert had 10 carries for 68 yards vs Ole Missus- why? Because he doesnt't run sideways. You dont run sideways vs that defense.

Our run game is fine when called properly by our head coach. And then there are just some D's you are going to have trouble running on- they are good defenses. You stay patient and take advantage of what you can.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 02:51 PM
load of shit. It was our 1st half gameplanning vs Bama and Ole Missus and our Defense.

We lost to Bama because we didnt run JRob enough and then couldnt get their offense off the field when we needed to.
Ole Missus had over 500 yards of offense. Shumpert had 10 carries for 68 yards vs Ole Missus- why? Because he doesnt't run sideways. You dont run sideways vs that defense.

Our run game is fine when called properly by our head coach. And then there are just some D's you are going to have trouble running on- they are good defenses. You stay patient and take advantage of what you can.

Hmmm, so had 34 been calling. Lol.

Josh was averaging 3 yards per carry. He was not effective in his touches. So I will say it again. Until our run game be ones effective outside of Dak, we will not win the SEC.

GreenheadDawg
04-18-2015, 02:52 PM

Several posters are commenting on how great the RBs look but you say it is an issue. Which is it?

sleepy dawg
04-18-2015, 03:17 PM

Josh was averaging 3 yards per carry. He was not effective in his touches. So I will say it again. Until our run game be ones effective outside of Dak, we will not win the SEC.

Are you referring to 1 game? I'm pretty sure JRob was not averaging 3 ypc at any point in the season.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Several posters are commenting on how great the RBs look but you say it is an issue. Which is it?

Shump... Averaged about 2 yards per carry.... In a spring game. 6 carries 14 yards.
Lee had 53 yards on 11 carries.

I stated early in the thread lee looked great. A rb looking great and the run game not looking great is 2 different animals.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 03:32 PM
We were talking about the bama game.

Dallas_Dawg
04-18-2015, 03:48 PM
"Coach" is still a troll IMO

BulldogDX55
04-18-2015, 04:20 PM
Shumpert and Williams were also running behind the second string OL, and Dontavian Lee didn't have Dak to take the heat off of him. Coach of the non 34 variety is failing to present the whole situation.

They all looked good, but for my money I'd take Lee, but only slightly. JMO after watching from the sidelines.

GreenheadDawg
04-18-2015, 04:25 PM
"Coach" is still a troll IMO

I 2nd this

Coach34
04-18-2015, 04:55 PM

Run game was fine

Coach34
04-18-2015, 04:57 PM
Shumpert and Williams were also running behind the second string OL, and Dontavian Lee didn't have Dak to take the heat off of him. Coach of the non 34 variety is failing to present the whole situation.

They all looked good, but for my money I'd take Lee, but only slightly. JMO after watching from the sidelines.

Our RB situation today looked absolutely outstanding- even the TV guy said something to the effect we looked like we wouldnt miss a beat after losing Robinson. Everybody saw how good we are going to be at RB.

Dawgcentral
04-18-2015, 05:21 PM
I liked what I saw from Lee today. Didn't see Aeris carry it much, but it looks as though he's got the quicks moreso than Shump and Lee. Someone said Lee was up to around 225lbs. Both he and Shump sure make a defensive player feel it when they tackle.

Hard to tell much from a spring game when it comes to line play since everyone is so split up.

We're solid at receiver. Both Freds looked good, as well as Morrow. Bear looked great. We have only one TE that can catch a pass right now, and that's Walley.

Fitz looks good in the pocket. Calm. And he takes off well when the opportunity presents itself. He's not a bad runner, and has deceptive speed since he has a long stride. I thought he threw the ball pretty well. Made some good checks and reads.

Would've liked to see some more pass breakups by the backfield. They got burned on the pump fake multiple times.

gravedigger
04-18-2015, 05:27 PM
I understand they could not run.

Then, obviously, you were not at the game, or whomever gave you your understanding has no understanding of the running game. It was fine.

DudyDawg
04-18-2015, 05:38 PM
Lets just move shump to safety, right coach

mstatefan91
04-18-2015, 06:15 PM
No it doesnt. I understand they could not run. That has little to do with what I said.

It has everything to do with it. Our entire offense is built around deception.

Are you sure you have watched us play since Dak took over as the starter?

Also, Dak had a good game. He was limited in his ability to use his strength to get out of situations, run/run over people.

Anyway, Fitz looked good. Was really impressed with Lee. Bear looked outstanding given his lack of work this spring.

Defense looks like they are still figuring out the schemes but I saw some bright spots. Jefferson using the blocker to stuff the touch pass was simply amazing

Dawgcentral
04-18-2015, 07:04 PM
AJ is the most promising pass rusher we have. Dude could be a difference maker this year. He has the combination of strength, technique, and drive to disrupt the game.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 07:08 PM

I am presenting the whole truth. Please point out the starting OL.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Then, obviously, you were not at the game, or whomever gave you your understanding has no understanding of the running game. It was fine.

Lol! I was at the game.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 07:16 PM
@ dudydawg... Not even sure how to respond to that. Lol! Wow!

@stfan91. No... Just simply put no. The defense not being allowed to tackle Dak or Fitz has zero to do with our run game. They still had to account for the Qbs. Blocks still have to be made. Holes hit.

If we want to talk about the great things, let's talk.

1- Dak will be the best qb as far as production goes in the sec. He was on. He had several runs called dead that he would not have been tackled on.

2- Fitz. Very impressed. Nice throws. 2 poor choices that I remember. Runs better than people may know. Calm in the pocket, and steps up in the pocket.

3- wrs as a whole are the best we have had.... Imo. Gus is going to be huge. Hutch needs to get better at blocking.

4- Nick looks slimmer and can run. Our dl will be better this season than last.

5- our lbs... Richie is taking great lines and has a special vision! Over all, we will be ok with this group.

6- Lee looked the best at Rb. It was great to see him run.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 07:19 PM

We mixed offensive lines today- we didnt go 1st and 2nd team

Dakota's left side on the OL was Jenkins and Flowers- they are not our starting left side

BulldogDX55
04-18-2015, 07:20 PM

All of the guys who were in front of Fitz during the game? Did you not even read how the teams were selected this year?

You've lost this argument or are just really bad at conveying your ideas through writing.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 07:28 PM
@stfan91. No... Just simply put no. The defense not being allowed to tackle Dak or Fitz has zero to do with our run game. They still had to account for the Qbs. Blocks still have to be made. Holes hit.

holy shit- I can tell now you have never played football. Our LB'ers knowing that QB's are not going to run the ball lets them fly to the ball on the RB's. They dont have to acct for the QB. So they dont have to spend as much time time reading or anything- they can fly to the ball to beat the fits of the zone blocking scheme. That is the whole basis of the Spread run game- making the defense use an extra defender to have to account for the QB in the run game.

Holy shit- Coach is probably the worst username you could have chosen.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 07:30 PM
All of the guys who were in front of Fitz during the game? Did you not even read how the teams were selected this year?

You've lost this argument or are just really bad at conveying your ideas through writing.

Really, does coach34 know that? He just stated we mixed the lines....

Coach007
04-18-2015, 07:33 PM
holy shit- I can tell now you have never played football. Our LB'ers knowing that QB's are not going to run the ball lets them fly to the ball on the RB's. They dont have to acct for the QB. So they dont have to spend as much time time reading or anything- they can fly to the ball to beat the fits of the zone blocking scheme. That is the whole basis of the Spread run game- making the defense use an extra defender to have to account for the QB in the run game.

Holy shit- Coach is probably the worst username you could have chosen.

Lmao! Ok... "Hey coach.. I'm sorry the qb just scrambled for 25 yards and that was my assignment." "Why?.... Uh.. Uh.. Uh I knew he couldn't be hit.... So I didn't account for him"

That's a great way to prove yourself on the field. Lmao!

Reason2succeed
04-18-2015, 07:36 PM
Sounds like our biggest concerns going into the season is our secondary and maybe TE. Is that right? I wasn't able to watch the game.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Gus was great. We had some starters out at db. I think the top 2 concerns are at db and the ability to get meaningful yards from the rbs.

blacklistedbully
04-18-2015, 07:39 PM
i missed much of the first half, but from what I did see, though Fitz looked really good in many things, he appeared to be staring down his receiver every time. That will get us killed if that doesn't get corrected.

chainedup_Dawg
04-18-2015, 07:57 PM
Ha, Coach says "Lee looked great but our running game isn't good" then I look at stats and see Williams had .4 yards per carry more than Lee

Coach34
04-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Lmao! Ok... "Hey coach.. I'm sorry the qb just scrambled for 25 yards and that was my assignment." "Why?.... Uh.. Uh.. Uh I knew he couldn't be hit.... So I didn't account for him"

That's a great way to prove yourself on the field. Lmao!

And when did this happen? Ohhhhh, it didnt???? ok. STFU

Coach34
04-18-2015, 08:04 PM
Gus was great. We had some starters out at db. I think the top 2 concerns are at db and the ability to get meaningful yards from the rbs.

What starters? Coman and Redmond played I know...Was Calhoun out? Jiles played...He's #3 at CB...

Coach34
04-18-2015, 08:05 PM
i missed much of the first half, but from what I did see, though Fitz looked really good in many things, he appeared to be staring down his receiver every time. That will get us killed if that doesn't get corrected.

Fitz has work to do- but if he was at Ole Missus- he would probably be their starting QB

mstatefan91
04-18-2015, 08:08 PM
Calhoun was out today

Coach007
04-18-2015, 08:25 PM
Ha, Coach says "Lee looked great but our running game isn't good" then I look at stats and see Williams had .4 yards per carry more than Lee

That's right. Now please go look at when those yards were gotten.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 08:27 PM
And when did this happen? Ohhhhh, it didnt???? ok. STFU

That's right it didn't happen because players were keeping their assignments... accounting for the qb. You don't take crap for granted when you are trying to make an impression to move up a depth chart.

mstatefan91
04-18-2015, 08:31 PM
This thread is making everyone less intelligent...

Coach34
04-18-2015, 08:35 PM
That's right it didn't happen because players were keeping their assignments... accounting for the qb. You don't take crap for granted when you are trying to make an impression to move up a depth chart.

Sighhhhhhh...as a former player and coach- I can tell you that is 100% bullshit

Coach34
04-18-2015, 08:36 PM
bottom line- our offense is better than last year and it's not even questionable

Pollodawg
04-18-2015, 08:59 PM
The ability for our QB to run has EVERYTHING to do with not just our run game, but our entire offense. Pretty much everything we want to do offensively is based on Dak's ability to run.

GreenheadDawg
04-18-2015, 09:19 PM
Sighhhhhhh...as a former and coach- I can tell you that is 100% bullshit

You're wasting your time. The guy has already shown he has no idea what he is talking about

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 09:33 PM
The ability for our QB to run has EVERYTHING to do with not just our run game, but our entire offense. Pretty much everything we want to do offensively is based on Dak's ability to run.
This. I remember by the end of last year we were dIscussing how we might fare better with more stuff that has Dak moving A lot rather than in the pocket so much, thereby stressing the run threat that he is. Did we see any of this today?

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Trollers gonna troll

Coach007
04-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Sighhhhhhh...as a former player and coach- I can tell you that is 100% bullshit

Did Dak run vs Bama?

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:01 PM

You are on a different subject. So I will ask you the same question. Did Dak run vs bama?

Coach34
04-18-2015, 10:08 PM
You are on a different subject. So I will ask you the same question. Did Dak run vs bama?

No- because top 10 defenses like them take that away and force you to use other parts of your offense to beat them...guess what?? Bama's elite running backs didnt run on us either. They barely had 320 yards of offense

chainedup_Dawg
04-18-2015, 10:13 PM
That's right. Now please go look at when those yards were gotten.

So you admit to saying our running game wasn't good while in the same breath saying Lee looked great and Williams hadn't run the ball yet. Yeah, that makes perfect sense

Pollodawg
04-18-2015, 10:16 PM

Didn't you say that our QBs not being able to run shouldn't have had any effect on our run game?

DancingRabbit
04-18-2015, 10:16 PM
The guy is being a dickhead just to be a dickhead. It's obvious he has a hard-on for C34. Whether temporary or permanent, seems apparent something needs to be done.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 10:17 PM
No- because top 10 defenses like them take that away and force you to use other parts of your offense to beat them...guess what?? Bama's elite running backs didnt run on us either. They barely had 320 yards of offense

Coach he isn't and doesn't want to understand. You can tell him that the national champs, OSU also had a couple of games last year where they gained less that 4 yards per attempt including a 2.7 ypa against Va Tech. So under his logic they were not a good running team. Although it wouldn't surprise me that he tries to spin that as well. We suck, they were great. Same basic offense but that won't matter either. Or the fact Bama had 3 games less than 4 ypa including against us at 3.88 ypa. And Dak ran 22 times for 82 yards against Bama.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:17 PM

This isn't a comparison of what bama did on offense vs what we did. The question was to simply put your thoughts on the right thing. Dak did run. He was as successful as one could ask a qb to be against that defense. Right at 4 yards per carry.... 82 yards total. Look at his passing. Then go look at everybody else in rushing yards per carry.

One last time.... Maybe worded differently. Until we get better production from our run game via our rbs, we will not win the west, or the sec. Dak had success vs bama, the run game by our backs... Did not

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:26 PM
@ chained up... That's not what I said. There is a difference in a run game being good and a player looking good. Sorry if that's not clear to you. Btw... He had run. He just didnt have success until the end whe the backups were in.

@pollodawg... No. That's not what I said. I said that the restriction of tackling them in the spring game had no effect on the rbs finding lanes and holes to run through. Naturally, it helps if Dak can run vs most teams. We are however, talking about a title hunt. And popular or not, what I saw today wasn't good. Does that mean when the 1s are all together that it won't matter? No. That just means that as of right now, in order to win the west, we have to have better production from our rbs.... Averaging 2.2 yards per carry won't do it.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 10:28 PM
This isn't a comparison of what bama did on offense vs what we did. The question was to simply put your thoughts on the right thing. Dak did run. He was as successful as one could ask a qb to be against that defense. Right at 4 yards per carry.... 82 yards total. Look at his passing. Then go look at everybody else in rushing yards per carry.

One last time.... Maybe worded differently. Until we get better production from our run game via our rbs, we will not win the west, or the sec. Dak had success vs bama, the run game by our backs... Did not

Until our D stops Bama on 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 10 in Bama territory down 6 points in the 4th Q- after we had seized the momentum- we arent going to win the SEC- I agree

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:32 PM
@ really Clark.... That's right. It doesn't matter because we are not talking about their offenses. Their offenses has nothing to do with ours. What does OSU vs vetch have to do with our rbs having success vs the toughest division in football?

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 10:33 PM

Bama won the west last year, did they have a good run game? Henry struggled in several games against us, TSUN, Arkansas, LSU but had nearly a 1,000 yards. What about Yeldon numbers against Florida, Arkansas, Missouri? Bad numbers so by your logic they didn't have a good run game from the RB's. So how could they have possibly win the west? Oh and for comparison against a stingy Arkansas defense, we doubled Bama's rushing yards. Almost identical yards against TSUN and nearly triple Bama's rushing yards against LSU.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:35 PM
Until our D stops Bama on 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 10 in Bama territory down 6 points in the 4th Q- after we had seized the momentum- we arent going to win the SEC- I agree

No problem with that statement at all. I agree with with it. But equally so, until our rbs ca produce against them, we will have the same results. Somebody in the run game... Somebody on the ol is going to have to help get yards to sustain drives and move the ball.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 10:38 PM
@ really Clark.... That's right. It doesn't matter because we are not talking about their offenses. Their offenses has nothing to do with ours. What does OSU vs vetch have to do with our rbs having success vs the toughest division in football?

That even great rushing teams have games well below average and since they run the same offense it's one of the better comparisons you can make because of the offensive similarities. I didn't think I would need to explain that.

And see my other post about Bama's rushing numbers and how we were comparable or exceed them in our west division opponents. Already addressing that for you.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Bama won the west last year, did they have a good run game? Henry struggled in several games against us, TSUN, Arkansas, LSU but had nearly a 1,000 yards. What about Yeldon numbers against Florida, Arkansas, Missouri? Bad numbers so by your logic they didn't have a good run game from the RB's. So how could they have possibly win the west? Oh and for comparison against a stingy Arkansas defense, we doubled Bama's rushing yards. Almost identical yards against TSUN and nearly triple Bama's rushing yards against LSU.

Key words.... They struggled. In fact they lost to ole miss. Thank you for making my point. You have to be able to run. With out that, all eyes and focus goes to Dak.

You act like I'm saying we are going to suck. Lol.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:52 PM
That even great rushing teams have games well below average and since they run the same offense it's one of the better comparisons you can make because of the offensive similarities. I didn't think I would need to explain that.

And see my other post about Bama's rushing numbers and how we were comparable or exceed them in our west division opponents. Already addressing that for you.

Last reply to the topic.

2014 vs bama.. All backs, 55 yards
2013 vs.... All backs.. 53 yards
2012 vs.... All back 47 yards
2011 vs. all backs 12.. Not a typo.... 12 yards!

When their front 3 or 4 can stop our rbs, we will struggle to be in the game. Last year ,you can point to a few things and if just one of those things had not been an issue, we win. But they were. Now the question is, can we I prove those areas. The one I just happened to focus one is the run game by the rbs

Pollodawg
04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
@ chained up... That's not what I said. There is a difference in a run game being good and a player looking good. Sorry if that's not clear to you. Btw... He had run. He just didnt have success until the end whe the backups were in.

@pollodawg... No. That's not what I said. I said that the restriction of tackling them in the spring game had no effect on the rbs finding lanes and holes to run through. Naturally, it helps if Dak can run vs most teams. We are however, talking about a title hunt. And popular or not, what I saw today wasn't good. Does that mean when the 1s are all together that it won't matter? No. That just means that as of right now, in order to win the west, we have to have better production from our rbs.... Averaging 2.2 yards per carry won't do it.

When the D knows that our QBs can't run, they can gear on the RBs, which makes it tougher for them to get yards. This much is pretty obvious. Our QBs not being able to do what they do best is a HUGE deal for our entire offense, especially on the run plays, and throws everything out of whack.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Key words.... They struggled. In fact they lost to ole miss. Thank you for making my point. You have to be able to run. With out that, all eyes and focus goes to Dak.

You act like I'm saying we are going to suck. Lol.

Newsflash, the western division winner or national champ both struggled at some point in the season to run the ball. IT STILL DID NOT STOP THEM OR US FROM BEING VERY GOOD TEAMS. We were a top 25 rushing offense last year and JRob had the most to do with that. Dak was also great. We out gained Bama in rushing on the road. You are using false logic by choosing one game to say we are average rushing team by the RB. I choose the Arkansas game and state Bama was the worse rushing team in all of the Power 5. Now everybody knows that is absolutely false but that is the stupidity of your argument.

Pollodawg
04-18-2015, 10:57 PM
In real time game experiences, our offense will look way better than it did today for the pure and simple fact that the D will have to account for Dak's legs. Our D plays our O every day in practice. They, of all people, SHOULD know what to do when a key component of our scheme is taken away. And not to mention that maybe you aren't giving our D enough credit.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 10:59 PM
When the D knows that our QBs can't run, they can gear on the RBs, which makes it tougher for them to get yards. This much is pretty obvious. Our QBs not being able to do what they do best is a HUGE deal for our entire offense, especially on the run plays, and throws everything out of whack.

I think you aren't on the same page. We are not talking about games. This is about today... The spring game. Not about our Qbs not being able to run. They could run today.

Pollodawg
04-18-2015, 11:00 PM
@Coach, where do you see the largest concern with our running game? Is it that the O line isn't making holes on run plays? Is it that the backs lack vision? Or is that you think we are simply not that talented at RB?

Pollodawg
04-18-2015, 11:01 PM
I think you aren't on the same page. We are not talking about games. This is about today... The spring game. Not about our Qbs not being able to run. They could run today.

I think you are trying to take way too much out of a spring game, dude. This is just one last practice before fall that we let the fans see because its SBW.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Newsflash, the western division winner or national champ both struggled at some point in the season to run the ball. IT STILL DID NOT STOP THEM OR US FROM BEING VERY GOOD TEAMS. We were a top 25 rushing offense last year and JRob had the most to do with that. Dak was also great. We out gained Bama in rushing on the road. You are using false logic by choosing one game to say we are average rushing team by the RB. I choose the Arkansas game and state Bama was the worse rushing team in all of the Power 5. Now everybody knows that is absolutely false but that is the stupidity of your argument.

I literally said nothing of what you just stated.

Pollodawg
04-18-2015, 11:04 PM
I understand that we need a solid running game to compete for the SEC, but out of Shumpert, Williams, Dear, and added to that with Dak, I think we can find some combo that works.

Personally, I think Dear and Dak running the option could be lethal, and I'll never understand why Dan moved away from that play over the last three or so seasons.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:04 PM
Last reply to the topic.

2014 vs bama.. All backs, 55 yards
2013 vs.... All backs.. 53 yards
2012 vs.... All back 47 yards
2011 vs. all backs 12.. Not a typo.... 12 yards!

And in everyone of those years Bama had least one, if not more games, where they rushed for less that 3.5 ypa in a game and 5 games less than 100 yards rushing for the game (multiple games of just over 100 yards as well). It happens to nearly every team every season including multiple national champions. You can't base your argument off of just one game. That's intentionally misleading and skewed.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:07 PM
I literally said nothing of what you just stated.

Yes you have. We can't when or compete for the western division with our poor play at RB against Bama is your argument. The point you are making is an unbalanced argument in the face of the facts that the actual winner did have games as bad or worse in rushing than we did last year as did OSU

Coach007
04-18-2015, 11:14 PM
@Coach, where do you see the largest concern with our running game? Is it that the O line isn't making holes on run plays? Is it that the backs lack vision? Or is that you think we are simply not that talented at RB?

It will be better for the simple fact that the starters will all be on the same line... Game planning. Etc. my issue is that even though it is a spring game, we should have had more success from Shump. Let's reverse it... Use ole miss for example. How do you feel about their qb production?

My concerns are really just with bama, lsu and ole miss this year. We need to be improved and pull the heAt off Dak. I think first it's the ol. Add 80 yards from Shump or josh vs bama last year and we win that game.

Coach007
04-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Clark...

I'm not worried about what anybody else vs another team. I am talking about msu vs bama. More direct, out ability to run vs them. I'm not skewing anything. I'm stating a statistical fact. Look it up if you want. Until that changes, we will struggle to be in the game.

That I did say, and I stand by that.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 11:43 PM
It will be better for the simple fact that the starters will all be on the same line... Game planning. Etc. my issue is that even though it is a spring game, we should have had more success from Shump. Let's reverse it... Use ole miss for example. How do you feel about their qb production?

My concerns are really just with bama, lsu and ole miss this year. We need to be improved and pull the heAt off Dak. I think first it's the ol. Add 80 yards from Shump or josh vs bama last year and we win that game.

Or reduce our red zone turnovers and have the defense actually do their job on a couple of 3 and long plays, we win. One of 5 teams that rushed for over 100 yards against Bama in the regular season last year. If we and mainly Dak is not so tight the first half, we are right there with them. We had a bad first half but beat them in the second. Most of JRob rushing was in the second half at right at 4 ypa but playing from behind we threw more than normal changed our normal rush totals as well. You have to take into account the 48 pass attempts taking away rushing attempt changing the stats in that game.

Really Clark?
04-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Clark...

I'm not worried about what anybody else vs another team. I am talking about msu vs bama. More direct, out ability to run vs them. I'm not skewing anything. I'm stating a statistical fact. Look it up if you want. Until that changes, we will struggle to be in the game.

That I did say, and I stand by that.

You have repeatedly tried to make the point that we are an average rushing team, as far as RB are concerned, basing your argument off of one game. Orginally you didn't clarify why we were average until everyone called you out on it so later it's because we struggle against Bama. It is very skewed to use one game as the basis of an argument. If you follow that logic for every team then everybody is average for the most part because you are choosing one game to make the argument. It is skewed and extremely selective stat pulling. Especially against a team that is one of the top rushing defenses year in and year out. You can't just pick that one game and say, as you did, that we are average. And if you had a clue about last years game, then you would know that the rushing totals is not what lost that game. And if it is your argument that you have to rush around 150-200 yards to beat Bama, TSUN had 76. Oklahoma in 2013 81, 2010 So Car 110, 2010 Auburn 108. All losses by Bama to teams that averaged less than 3 ypa. We rushed for 3.45 ypa last year and had 3.08 for the game and nearly 4 ypa the second half. In fact since 2010 Bama has had 5 losses in which they gave up more than 3 ypa and 4 losses less than 3 ypa. And only 3 of their losses have they given up over 4 ypa since 2010.

Coach007
04-19-2015, 01:01 AM
You have repeatedly tried to make the point that we are an average rushing team, as far as RB are concerned, basing your argument off of one game. Orginally you didn't clarify why we were average until everyone called you out on it so later it's because we struggle against Bama. It is very skewed to use one game as the basis of an argument. If you follow that logic for every team then everybody is average for the most part because you are choosing one game to make the argument. It is skewed and extremely selective stat pulling. Especially against a team that is one of the top rushing defenses year in and year out. You can't just pick that one game and say, as you did, that we are average. And if you had a clue about last years game, then you would know that the rushing totals is not what lost that game. And if it is your argument that you have to rush around 150-200 yards to beat Bama, TSUN had 76. Oklahoma in 2013 81, 2010 So Car 110, 2010 Auburn 108. All losses by Bama to teams that averaged less than 3 ypa. We rushed for 3.45 ypa last year and had 3.08 for the game and nearly 4 ypa the second half. In fact since 2010 Bama has had 5 losses in which they gave up more than 3 ypa and 4 losses less than 3 ypa. And only 3 of their losses have they given up over 4 ypa since 2010.

Well, bless your heart Clark. I'm done with this conversation.

Our rbs production needs to improve.

Really Clark?
04-19-2015, 01:28 AM
Well, bless your heart Clark. I'm done with this conversation.

Our rbs production needs to improve.

You should have been done before you posted if you had a clue. Like the fact you are not addressing line play, opponent, play calling, etc. All factors that much more to do with the rushing totals than the actual talent on the field. The only year we have not had a feature back go for 1,000 yards or more and 5.0 ypa or more was 2013 with a transition, injuries Perk and split duty with JRob. And even then they combined for 1,000 and 5.0 ypa. 2013 was probably our weakest season a RB and I could see a case for that particle year but the rest of the time you are just trolling or ignorant.

Barking 13
04-19-2015, 08:06 AM
Mullen also said during the game he would love to have 3 600 yd rushers this season...

Coach007
04-19-2015, 10:08 AM
You should have been done before you posted if you had a clue. Like the fact you are not addressing line play, opponent, play calling, etc. All factors that much more to do with the rushing totals than the actual talent on the field. The only year we have not had a feature back go for 1,000 yards or more and 5.0 ypa or more was 2013 with a transition, injuries Perk and split duty with JRob. And even then they combined for 1,000 and 5.0 ypa. 2013 was probably our weakest season a RB and I could see a case for that particle year but the rest of the time you are just trolling or ignorant.

Yada yada. I addressed everything. For whatever reason, you just want to argue. my time is more valuable to me than you are. So carry on with the rant and rave over what you think.... I will go with what I know.

Really Clark?
04-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Yada yada. I addressed everything. For whatever reason, you just want to argue. my time is more valuable to me than you are. So carry on with the rant and rave over what you think.... I will go with what I know.

You are more than welcome to stay ignorant of the facts that dispute what you "know".

Really Clark?
04-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Look everybody is entitled to an opinion but if it contrary to others opinions expect to be called out. If you don't really have facts to back your opinion up and people ramp up the argument with facts either research and disprove us, change your opinion or do like you are doing with hyperbole and wallow in your ignorance. Here is another piece of evidence that our RB have not been just average college backs. Dixon, Ballard, Perkins, and about to be Robinson all in the NFL. And without injuries Ballard is a vital back for the Colts. We have had good RB play.