PDA

View Full Version : Did Paidwell even play in Spring Game? I'm hearing that he may focus...

RougeDawg
04-17-2015, 11:08 PM
On prepping for the draft by rehabbing hard and working out at a Combine Training facility. People in his camp are pushing him this direction, instead of playing this year and risking another career threatening injury. I don't blame him and his family after Bucky visited the hospital and was more worried about when he would be able to play again, instead of asking him about his health.

Political Hack
04-17-2015, 11:18 PM
I actually brought this up a few months ago. I've heard the same thing too. Also heard there was an "incident" after he got hurt.

Either way, if it was my son, I know what I'd tell him to do.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm hearing

Hearing or hoping?

RougeDawg
04-17-2015, 11:44 PM
Hearing or hoping?

Hear, as in with my own ears. Not sure how productive he could be with his QB on his back most of the time. The QB situation cannot be a positive factor in his decision.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Hear, as in with my own ears. Not sure how productive he could be with his QB on his back most of the time. The QB situation cannot be a positive factor in his decision.

I agree, I just think its wishful thinking that Quon won't play next year. He's definitely playing, and he'll play well. If any of their big recruits phone's it in I'd bet it would be Tunsil.

yjnkdawg
04-18-2015, 12:07 AM
I agree, I just think its wishful thinking that Quon won't play next year. He's definitely playing, and he'll play well. If any of their big recruits phone's it in I'd bet it would be Tunsil.

If Treadwell can get back healthy, all signs indicate that he will be playing this year. In a CL Article,in the end of March, he said he was recovering ahead of schedule, but was about 85%, did not have the muscle strength back in his leg and needed to gain about 19 pounds, which he lost after the injury. Now I could see Tunsil coping out and not wanting to play as you indicated.

Todd4State
04-18-2015, 12:26 AM
If Treadwell can get back healthy, all signs indicate that he will be playing this year. In a CL Article,in the end of March, he said he was recovering ahead of schedule, but was about 85%, did not have the muscle strength back in his leg and needed to gain about 19 pounds, which he lost after the injury. Now I could see Tunsil coping out and not wanting to play as you indicated.

The thing you have to really worry about with that type of fracture and where he had that fracture is nerve damage. That's weird about the muscle strength. He should have been able to do most upper body stuff. That sounds like a lot of weight to lose to me for that type of an injury.

TUSK
04-18-2015, 12:43 AM
it "looked like" a Tyrone Prothro type injury... did Freezus do something shady at the hospital?... I must have missed that...

BeardoMSU
04-18-2015, 12:46 AM
did Freezus do something shady at the hospital?... I must have missed that...

It's been rumored, as in "message board rumored", but I'm not sure I buy it. For that type of damning info to get out, but none of the other shady shit they do, just doesn't make sense.

TUSK
04-18-2015, 01:35 AM
It's been rumored, as in "message board rumored", but I'm not sure I buy it. For that type of damning info to get out, but none of the other shady shit they do, just doesn't make sense.

roger that, Beardo... thanks... just thought it mighta been somethin "juicy" on which I missed...

RougeDawg
04-18-2015, 02:44 AM

Do you really expect any CL article to tell the truth about the Bears, especially if it may stir up the "pitchfork" masses? It's been clear from his high school days and the random change in Paidwell's recruitment, that he's only worried about n?mero uno and the next pay day. Why would he risk a 2016 bank breaker, for a coach who only sees him as bought "meat" and a team that can't pull a starting QB out of the scrub bucket? Especially when he has an easy out to not play by using the "We don't feel like the ankle is ready to go for August/September and coming back too soon may jeopardize ever playing again" excuse. The Paidwell camp is leaning to not playing as of today, wanting to focus on rehabbing and maximize the draft stock.

starkvegasdawg
04-18-2015, 04:47 AM
roger that, Beardo... thanks... just thought it mighta been somethin "juicy" on which I missed...
It was rumored one of the first things he did was ask when he could play again and not how he was. Made it sound like he was more concerned with wins than him as a person.

BeastMan
04-18-2015, 07:07 AM
From everything I've heard, Quon has made a great recovery from a physical standpoint. He's been "ahead of schedule" for some time and is expected to be close to 100% for fall camp. With any major injury the mental recovery is the hardest part. The only way to do that is to play. I think he'll be in red & blue in the fall. That said, if he wanted to go pro I don't think anyone could blame him. Look at a guy like Marcus Lattimore...

Coach34
04-18-2015, 07:53 AM
I can't see any way he doesn't play

whosyourdawgy
04-18-2015, 08:20 AM
On another note, I know this kid caught Hell from us during his recruitment about the money pic and the ladies. But everything I have ever heard from many Ole Miss friends and the pics he takes and where those pics are, he is a really good kid Let me have it if you want but it appears not only is he a helluva receiver but a good person to boot. He's not a prima donna like the Nkemdeche boys Which is sort of refreshing Call me crazy but I want to see him on the field cause he is fun to watch play

Ifyouonlyknew
04-18-2015, 08:29 AM
He's having a great recovery. There was literally 0 reason for him to play in the spring game. He's prolly about 90% & he has almost all his speed & explosiveness back. He's going to play & he's going to be 1 of the best in the SEC.

662dawg
04-18-2015, 08:50 AM
On another note, I know this kid caught Hell from us during his recruitment about the money pic and the ladies. But everything I have ever heard from many Ole Miss friends and the pics he takes and where those pics are, he is a really good kid Let me have it if you want but it appears not only is he a helluva receiver but a good person to boot. He's not a prima donna like the Nkemdeche boys Which is sort of refreshing Call me crazy but I want to see him on the field cause he is fun to watch play

He is not a Nkemdashian type for sure. By all accounts a great kid & he is fun to watch on the field. They better pray this guy is on the field & is fully recovered. Everyone knows he made the best decision for his "family", but this kid is different from most of them. He came in ready to get to work & not have nothing handed to him. And he stays away from the negative media attention.

FlabLoser
04-18-2015, 08:58 AM
How many people has Vaught Hemingway turf claimed? There used to be a list.

One of you M&WN writers should take up that cause. Athletes, recruits need to know these things.

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 09:01 AM
Meh he and Tunsil will play and produce as expected.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Meh he and Tunsil will play and produce as expected.

I dont know about Big Softie now...you can count on him missing some time

chef dixon
04-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Paidwell is an awesome player and awesome guy. Hopefully his QBs sucking is the reason he doesn't have a big year and not sitting out for the draft or injury.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 10:35 AM
Paidwell is an awesome player.

No doubt- he is almost as good as Wilson

BeardoMSU
04-18-2015, 10:37 AM
No doubt- he is almost as good as Wilson

Lolz...

Coach34
04-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Lolz...

I wasnt joking

BeardoMSU
04-18-2015, 10:41 AM
I wasnt joking

I know...

Coach34
04-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Paidwell right now is projected to be the better pro- but Wilson is the better college player.

Bear in the red zone is a nightmare- almost doubled Paidwell's TD's and only played a game and half more than him
Bear averages more ypc

And as a blocker- it's not close- watch what Bear does to that poor LSU DB when Prescott gets to the 7-8 yard line at the end of this run. He did this kind of stuff all year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ACnauffKI

chef dixon
04-18-2015, 10:54 AM
Just thinking about Dak's 3rd season throwing to Wilson and Ross without guys like Robert Johnson and Jameon taking 50% of the reps.

Wool.