PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Week 2

THE Bruce Dickinson
04-17-2015, 01:23 PM
What are the chances that Gameday rolls back into Starkville in week 2 for the LSU game.

The only other games I would think that have a chance to get it would be Oklahoma @ Tenn. or Oregon @ Michigan State.

Would ESPN take a high profile SEC game over a non conference power 5 match up?

FlabLoser
04-17-2015, 01:27 PM
I'm thinking early season is prime time for non-conf power 5 matchups. Since ESPN has been pushing for those matchups, I think they take it. Either of the two you mention are a bigger national draw than most SEC games.

Political Hack
04-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Oregon @ Michigan State is more attractive to me. SECN can take LSU @ State and it's a win-win for ESPN.

BulldogDX55
04-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Of those, I think they'd grab Oregon @ Mich St. If they come out way, it'll be Torture Chamber round two.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
04-17-2015, 02:07 PM
I was thinking over this same question this morning! alabama looks to be our only other real chance to host, but projecting that far into the season quickly proved futile. I can say that there are a lot more games to potentially compete with in week 11 vs. week 2 - oregon/stanford, oklahoma/baylor, georgia/auburn.

However, in week 2, we are the 2nd biggest matchup at best with little chance of a shakeup. & I did not consider a preference for non-conference match ups, which is a great point. If the stakes are as high as I expect them to be when alabama comes into town, I feel good about hosting.

P.S. if we had our choice to host gameday for the lsu or the ala game, which do you choose? Beating auburn & alabama in consecutive years in a Gameday setting is the stuff Bulldog dreams are made of.

Dawg Corps
04-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Beating auburn & alabama in consecutive years in a Gameday setting is the stuff Bulldog dreams are made of.

This.

Bothrops
04-17-2015, 06:23 PM
I'd be very surprised if we got GD.