PDA

View Full Version : Kellenberger thinks Buchanon>MGK

ShotgunDawg
04-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Just listening to home cooking and Kellenberger thought Buchanon was the guy and that the talent difference between Buchanon and MGK was so negligible that Ole Miss should go with the more experienced guy. Even said that there is a reason Clemson got rid of Kelly when they had an open QB job, and, if he were capable of winning that job, Clemson wouldn't have run him off.

What I find fascinating though is how differently Kellenberger and Parrish Alford perceive this competition. Parrish went on Bo Bounds earlier this week and proclaimed MGK to likely be the QB when they go to Bama.

So either Kellenberger is a horrible talent evaluator with bad sources or Alford is drinking the Kool aid of wishful thinking.

All this say, this has all the making of a hilarious situation.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 06:20 PM
If so- they are ****ed

ScottH
04-16-2015, 06:22 PM
I hope Hugh keeps preaching that message.

mic
04-16-2015, 06:32 PM
Damien Williams > MGK Bucannahan & Kinciad

starkvegasdawg
04-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Kellenberger loving on his crush.

Bothrops
04-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Damien Williams > MGK Bucannahan & Kinciad

...and it's not even that close.

chainedup_Dawg
04-16-2015, 07:18 PM
I bet if people trolled MGK with this enough he'd lose his shit

messageboardsuperhero
04-16-2015, 08:17 PM
I hope Hugh keeps preaching that message.

Me too.

messageboardsuperhero
04-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Just listening to home cooking and Kellenberger thought Buchanon was the guy and that the talent difference between Buchanon and MGK was so negligible that Ole Miss should go with the more experienced guy. Even said that there is a reason Clemson got rid of Kelly when they had an open QB job, and, if he were capable of winning that job, Clemson wouldn't have run him off.

What I find fascinating though is how differently Kellenberger and Parrish Alford perceive this competition. Parrish went on Bo Bounds earlier this week and proclaimed MGK to likely be the QB when they go to Bama.

So either Kellenberger is a horrible talent evaluator with bad sources or Alford is drinking the Kool aid of wishful thinking.

Both.

Everybody knows Kelly will be the starter against the teams that matter.

Todd4State
04-16-2015, 11:25 PM

I don't think either one is wrong to be honest with you. I think Buchanan starts the season, but after a half or so against UT-Martin Kelly will be the guy going forward which I assume is the Alabama game going forward.

I don't know if they are going to start Buchanan to keep recruiting promises, trying to keep a big name booster happy, or most likely- to show HS QB recruits that they will actually start a guy that they developed as opposed to their free agent QB of the year.

It's pretty obvious what's going on here.

Todd4State
04-16-2015, 11:31 PM
I bet if people trolled MGK with this enough he'd lose his shit

You would think so- but I'm pretty sure that with Kelly's past history they made damn sure to let him know what they were up to by having Buchanan "compete" with him. For whatever reason or reasons that is.

Also, as odd as it sounds, they may be trying to run Kelly off so that they can start Patterson next year as a true freshman. That wouldn't surprise me anyway knowing how they think about "starz" and "'croots". Plus, Kelly has already had an incident this December and he's basically a ticking time bomb and at the very least is probably a royal pain in the ass to worry about.

Rayburn8
04-16-2015, 11:33 PM
Both.

Everybody knows Kelly will be the starter against the teams that matter.

You mean the same way everyone thought Jacob Coker would beat Blake Sims last season?

messageboardsuperhero
04-16-2015, 11:48 PM
You mean the same way everyone thought Jacob Coker would beat Blake Sims last season?

That's Bama. This is UM- the school that hasn't had a starting QB they signed and developed out of HS in a decade.

There is no way in hell Freeze brings in Kelly and his baggage if he wasn't pretty damn sure Kelly would be the starter... If for some reason Kelly doesn't start, UM will be very weak at the QB position.

sandwolf
04-16-2015, 11:52 PM
Also, as odd as it sounds, they may be trying to run Kelly off so that they can start Patterson next year as a true freshman.

Yea, it sounds odd because it doesn't make any sense. If Patterson is ready and gives them the best chance to win, then Freeze will start him whether Kelly is there or not. Just like he will start whoever gives them the best chance to win this fall.

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2015, 12:11 AM
That's Bama. This is UM- the school that hasn't had a starting QB they signed and developed out of HS in a decade.

There is no way in hell Freeze brings in Kelly and his baggage if he wasn't pretty damn sure Kelly would be the starter... If for some reason Kelly doesn't start, UM will be very weak at the QB position.

So you are saying that Ole Miss won't be weak at the QB position if Kelly starts?

Remember, this is at very least a close competition. It seems to me that you are giving Kelly an awful lot of credit for doing exactly nothing

Todd4State
04-17-2015, 01:55 AM
Yea, it sounds odd because it doesn't make any sense. If Patterson is ready and gives them the best chance to win, then Freeze will start him whether Kelly is there or not. Just like he will start whoever gives them the best chance to win this fall.

It doesn't make sense to us because we are MSU fans and most of us very rarely expect true freshmen to come in and immediately play and have a major impact. Especially at QB. It's because we actually have common sense and understand that players have to be developed- even with a really good class like ours. Most people here are only really expecting Peters and maybe McLaurin to start and that's only because we are woefully thin at safety and because Peters is really good.

Ole Miss fans on the other hand are like- "Oh, he's a four star guy. He will come in and we will be National Championship contenders as soon as we get him on campus."

It would not surprise me at all if they told Patterson that he will be the starter next year. The thing is, when you do that you create a lot of potential problems. That's why I like the way Dan does things where he sells hard work and having to earn your spot. At least that way you don't have to make sure that you keep all of your promises.

Todd4State
04-17-2015, 01:56 AM
So you are saying that Ole Miss won't be weak at the QB position if Kelly starts?

Remember, this is at very least a close competition. It seems to me that you are giving Kelly an awful lot of credit for doing exactly nothing

The funny thing is the best guy right now for them is the guy that they are trying to run off- Kincaide.

Covercorner2
04-17-2015, 08:19 AM
Something else interesting to watch is who the PLAYERS want to be the guy. I think a lot of the guys respect and want Kincaid to be the guy. Derrick Jones pretty much said as much in an interview...

codeDawg
04-17-2015, 08:20 AM
The funny thing is the best guy right now for them is the guy that they are trying to run off- Kincaide.

That is an excellent point, and I'm not sure why they are ignoring him. He's going to transfer and be a pretty good QB somewhere. Hud should be all over that.

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 09:21 AM
That is an excellent point, and I'm not sure why they are ignoring him. He's going to transfer and be a pretty good QB somewhere. Hud should be all over that.

Question... what makes you think they're trying to run him off? Specifically?

Covercorner2
04-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Question... what makes you think they're trying to run him off? Specifically?

No one said they were trying to run him off. Don't take that bait....

RougeDawg
04-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Either way this does not bode well for their offense. An offense that requires a QB who understands and has the correct rhythm to effectively manage. If MGK is not the clear cut leader and the other 2 undeveloped scrubs are actually in the competition, Bucky and the Bears are in deep shit. Switchblade and Bucanan wouldn't crack our 4-5 deep on QB depth chart, yet the pundits will have them ranked ahead of us preseason.

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 10:26 AM

But... someone did say that... lol. And it was replied to assuming as much.

662dawg
04-17-2015, 11:24 AM

The writing is on the wall bro. You're smarter than this. He will be a good small conference or D-2 qb somewhere. He's not an SEC QB. Neither is Buckanan & it's beginning to look as if Kelly isn't either.

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 11:41 AM
Lol... based on what? Please tell.

"He threw it backwards one time..." Well, so did Jameis Winston. We're really going by that?

He also went 16-20 in limited action last year. I'd probably take far more from that than one bad play... lol. But have it how you will... I know you will anyway.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2015, 11:44 AM

"He threw it backwards one time..." Well, so did Jameis Winston. We're really going by that?

He also went 16-20 in limited action last year. I'd probably take far more from that than one bad play... lol. But have it how you will... I know you will anyway.

Why is this still happening?

662dawg
04-17-2015, 11:45 AM

Based on actions. I have not seen anywhere where anyone has given Kincaid a shot at starting. Almost every one of your media members & even your coach has said Buckanan & Kelly are neck & neck right now haven't they? I've seen nowhere mention Kincaid as a possible starter. Like I said. Read between the lines. It isn't that hard to do b

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Based on actions... to what actions are we basing this on? Oh, right, Hugh Kellenberger.

Kelly's gonna start and you know it... Kincade is going to play Brunetti. Ryan... well it is what it is.

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 11:50 AM
Anywho... I'm out... y'all have fun. Hobby Lobby!

662dawg
04-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Based on actions... to what actions are we basing this on? Oh, right, Hugh Kellenberger.

Kelly's gonna start and you know it... Kincade is going to play Brunetti. Ryan... well it is what it is.

Uhhh yes I know Kelly is gonna start. Everyone knows that. No one takes on his baggage unless they know he's gonna come in and start. And if he doesn't start, all hell will break loose... But Buckanan is #2 & that's WIDELY known at this point. Kincaid gone bro & he probably gives you your best chance bc he would probably be the best one at running for his life.

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Lol... but only if you were half right... hahaha.

Coach34
04-17-2015, 11:57 AM

Ive watched Blade and Buchanan play and they arent it. Ive heard an East Miss coach that coached Bo Dirt and Kelly say Bo Dirt > Kelly.

Ole Missus has really good WR's- so that helps- but there are going to be times when they have to win the games. Good luck

Really Clark?
04-17-2015, 12:08 PM

The 7 of 8 passing for 70 yards against Presbyterian should really not be counted. Against D1 opponents he was fine with 9 for 12 passing but for only 57 yards and no TD. To compare Damian Williams was 12-20 for 105 yards and 2 TD against D1 teams. Buchanan was 6-15 for 47 yards and 1 int against D1 schools. I think Kincade has some ability but at this time is not close to being an SEC QB. He proably has SEC atheletic talent though and could be a player at another position.

662dawg
04-17-2015, 12:20 PM
Lol... but only if you were half right... hahaha.

Or only if you were half right?

RocketCityDawg
04-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Did I miss something? Why is there a rebel here?

Eric Nies Grind Time
04-17-2015, 12:29 PM
No way they can put an immobile QB behind the OL they have.

Rayburn8
04-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Watching the spring I feel like Kincade should start. Freezes offense was at its best when Bo could run. Plus Kincade is the only QB mobile enough to hide the Oline.

TrapGame
04-17-2015, 12:47 PM
Watching the spring I feel like Kincade should start. Freezes offense was at its best when Bo could run. Plus Kincade is the only QB mobile enough to hide the Oline.

I tend to agree. Buchanan, if he starts, will be their Tyler Russell: good arm, no legs and too long in the pocket. I would go full in with Kincaide only if I had a good SEC power back, which they don't have. He could be their version of Relf.

But I think we all know it's going to be MGK.

Really Clark?
04-17-2015, 12:59 PM
I tend to agree. Buchanan, if he starts, will be their Tyler Russell: good arm, no legs and too long in the pocket. I would go full in with Kincaide only if I had a good SEC power back, which they don't have. He could be their version of Relf.

But I think we all know it's going to be MGK.

I don't think they have a choice but to be all in on MGK no matter who may fit their scheme better. You don't bring him in to be anything but a starter. And if he is not the answer, they are in pretty deep trouble offensively.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2015, 01:00 PM
He could be their version of Relf.

Ralph was a tank. Switch, ain't that. He's most definitely faster, and probably shiftier, but he won't move the pile like CR did.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2015, 01:01 PM
I don't think they have a choice but to be all in on MGK no matter who may fit their scheme better. You don't bring him in to be anything but a starter. And if he is not the answer, they are in pretty deep trouble offensively.

Not only that, but the drama that would ensue in the locker room if that happened. Talk about a team-chemistry-killer. If Ak-47 doesn't get what he wants, watch out.

spiritual_machine2005
04-17-2015, 01:08 PM
Whoever they decide on, it will be fun to watch!

TrapGame
04-17-2015, 01:30 PM

Kinda makes you wonder if Freeze has some buyer's remorse now.

Todd4State
04-17-2015, 01:37 PM

I certainly did say that. And now I will answer your question.

Kincaide if the only QB in the Ole Miss scrimmage that was allowed to take live hits. And on top of that, he hurt his ankle and then Freeze put him BACK out there to take some more hits. If Freeze really felt like he was going to be their starter, why would he put him back out there to get teed off on?

The other thing is if Freeze really felt like Kincaide was going to be his guy, you wouldn't have had to go get a JUCO guy in the first place.

Political Hack
04-17-2015, 01:46 PM
I certainly did say that. And now I will answer your question.

Kincaide if the only QB in the Ole Miss scrimmage that was allowed to take live hits. And on top of that, he hurt his ankle and then Freeze put him BACK out there to take some more hits. If Freeze really felt like he was going to be their starter, why would he put him back out there to get teed off on?

The other thing is if Freeze really felt like Kincaide was going to be his guy, you wouldn't have had to go get a JUCO guy in the first place.

he won't be responding any time soon...

Really Clark?
04-17-2015, 01:49 PM
Kinda makes you wonder if Freeze has some buyer's remorse now.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure at the time that MGK was the only seller available to him out of JUCO. Looked liked by the end that was the only choice for Freeze and he was going into this with his eyes wide open praying it will work. MGK then right off the bat proved everyone right about his mentality. I think Freeze's remorse is what he already recruited not developing.

Just think of what that team truly was without Wallace in his first year. It was so fortunate that Wallace was available and decided to give it another try with Freeze. They may win 8 or even 9 next year, IF MGK equals Wallace's production, but that situation could also implode where they only win 5 games. And with how they played against Memphis last year, maybe an upset in Memphis. Who knows but he is definitely playing with fire.

RougeDawg
04-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Maybe, but I'm not so sure at the time that MGK was the only seller available to him out of JUCO. Looked liked by the end that was the only choice for Freeze and he was going into this with his eyes wide open praying it will work. MGK then right off the bat proved everyone right about his mentality. I think Freeze's remorse is what he already recruited not developing.

Just think of what that team truly was without Wallace in his first year. It was so fortunate that Wallace was available and decided to give it another try with Freeze. They may win 8 or even 9 next year, IF MGK equals Wallace's production, but that situation could also implode where they only win 5 games. And with how they played against Memphis last year, maybe an upset in Memphis. Who knows but he is definitely playing with fire.

You bring up a key point about their 2014 season and something just about everyone is overlooking. Memphis had them on the ropes until they turned the ball over on a go ahead drI ve, inside the bear 20 late in the game. Memphis had them reeking but couldn't deliver the knockout blow. Then the Bearsharts scored two long tds at the end to make the score look like it was a blowout. Memphis could have easily beaten them. Hell, even Boise outplayed them but couldn't finish drives. Boise drove inside the Bears 10 yard line 3 different times and only got 3 total points out of those due to turnovers. Boise should have been up 2 TDs at half.

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 04:18 PM
he won't be responding any time soon...

Why not? I'm good for business...

He was live because of his style of play. Why'd he go back after tweaking an ankle? Lol, well I'll let you think on that one for yourself.

Todd4State
04-17-2015, 04:24 PM

He was live because of his style of play. Why'd he go back after tweaking an ankle? Lol, well I'll let you think on that one for yourself.

BS. You think that we're going to let our guys take shots at Dak and our other QB's because they run? I'll let you think on that one for Yourself.

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 04:37 PM
When you're trying to get him some live shots... absolutely. I've seen it done at every level. Save the NFL.

Covercorner2
04-17-2015, 04:47 PM

Can Kelly not run? He ran for 450+ yards last year... Playing style, lol.

Todd4State
04-17-2015, 04:49 PM
When you're trying to get him some live shots... absolutely. I've seen it done at every level. Save the NFL.

So, you're trying to get your third string QB some "live shots"? That's pretty smart if you're trying to get him hurt in a meaningless situation.

So either Freeze is really stupid or trying to run off Kincaide. Which flavor would you choose to spin?

bonesknowstig
04-17-2015, 04:54 PM
He's probably a 4.8, average athleticism. (kelly that is)

Freeze? He's a backwoods Tate county boy... I wouldn't call him stupid, but he definitely doesn't think sometimes. That's obvious (ie, aTm game, email compliance@om.edu).

Wouldn't you agree?

Todd4State
04-17-2015, 05:01 PM
He's probably a 4.8, average athleticism. (kelly that is)

Freeze? He's a backwoods Tate county boy... I wouldn't call him stupid, but he definitely doesn't think sometimes. That's obvious (ie, aTm game, email compliance@om.edu).

Wouldn't you agree?

Probably not dumb enough to sit there and think "hey, I'm just going to go ahead and get my third string QB some live shots and let the other two be off limits."