PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Warm up Shirts

dawgpound
04-16-2015, 04:18 PM
The new StarkVegas baseball warm up shirts are hideous. I understand people liking addidas for the AAU connections but they constantly produce terrible uniforms for our sports teams. Can the University not control what uniforms our players wear?

godlluB
04-16-2015, 04:23 PM
Those are almost ugly enough to make me willing to give Howland back.

I seen it dawg
04-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Newman to State.

JohnnyQuid
04-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Pic? Curious Now

cbrunt29
04-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Newman to State.
Gets me every time!

dawgpound
04-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Pic? Curious Now

I'm not sure how to post a picture on here

BulldogDX55
04-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Strickland tweeted out that it has an inappropriate message on it. Upside down, it says "F--K THE SCHOOL UP NORTH"

BrunswickDawg
04-16-2015, 05:15 PM
Strickland tweeted out that it has an inappropriate message on it. Upside down, it says "F--K THE SCHOOL UP NORTH"
He should have apologized for the shirt, not the hidden phrase.

ScottH
04-16-2015, 05:15 PM

I want one.

mstatefan91
04-16-2015, 05:16 PM
I approve. **** the school up North.

state66
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
It's a damn warmup shirt. Quit being idiots.

JohnnyQuid
04-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Just saw it on twitter, they're hideous. I'd wear them just for the "hidden phrase" tho

DanDority
04-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Johnny can you post a pic?

HancockCountyDog
04-16-2015, 05:28 PM
He needs to auction these shirts off, they would make a hefty profit.

JohnnyQuid
04-16-2015, 05:28 PM

F--K THE SCHOOL UP NORTH will be in orange dots

quickstrike2
04-16-2015, 05:29 PM
The are pretty terrible looking. While I think it's funny, how did something like this slip thru the cracks

Big4Dawg
04-16-2015, 05:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCvyWwDUgAM4A5m.jpg

BeardoMSU
04-16-2015, 05:33 PM
http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1923&d=1429222974&thumb=1

HancockCountyDog
The are pretty terrible looking. While I think it's funny, how did something like this slip thru the cracks

Somebody is getting fired at our AD department. Id be stunned if Adidas just did this on their own.

Personally, I think it's hilarious. Everyone acting like it's a big deal are bears trying to bring us down.

Big4Dawg
SS not happy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCvwepOUkAEp7FJ.jpg:large

DanDority
04-16-2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks Johnny, Please don't wear that!

mstatefan91
04-16-2015, 05:38 PM
It is hilarious. It didn't hurt anyone at all. Unprofessional? Sure. But it's TSUN. Who gives a shit?

BeardoMSU
04-16-2015, 05:41 PM
It is hilarious. It didn't hurt anyone at all. Unprofessional? Sure. But it's TSUN. Who gives a shit?

I agree. I actually find the design of the shirts more offensive than the use of the word "F--K". 17'n puddy-tats.

ScottH
04-16-2015, 05:42 PM
The creative genius (I assume at Adidas) that that thought it would be a good idea needs to be fired.

I feel certain if they sent it to MSU for approval, they did not point out it was on there. And in fact may have only sent front of shirt for approval. Thereby, putting egg on our face

I am not personally offended (I find it hilarious) and would pay a kings ransom for one.

However, it is unprofessional and in bad taste and will be tremendously offensive to many.

It's like GTHOM on steroids.

DudyDawg
04-16-2015, 05:42 PM
I like Adidas now

BeardoMSU
04-16-2015, 05:48 PM
tremendously offensive to many.

I agree with everything else you said, but this is the least of it. People who's delicate little virgin eyes (or ears) cry tears of blood at the mere sight of profanity can all get bent. I don't trust anyone who claims to never say a cuss word, or drink a beer. It reminds me of when Rev Beav said that he doesn't drink or cuss, and that his only indulgent was to chew Bazooka gum on the sideline...talk about a snakey little 17.

I still think it's unprofessional, and I hope that no one on our end "approved" the design, let alone the phrase in question.

mic
04-16-2015, 05:50 PM
GTHOM approves these shirts...

Todd4State
04-16-2015, 05:58 PM
I can not believe that. LOL.

The good news is hopefully whomever did this and gets fired is the same guy that thought it would be awesome to dress us up like the 1980's Phillies.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 06:17 PM
Manager- "Coach Cohen- look what is says on these shirts???"Cohen- "holy shit- that's hilarious. Gotta love Adidas"Butch- "Stricklin is gonna stroke out if wear those"Cohen- "**** it. We'll just say we had no idea"

Thompson92
04-16-2015, 06:18 PM
It could be argued that those shirts are more professional than calling yourself "The Confederates" in 2015...but that's none of my business.

Adidas definitely pulls some head-scratchers from time to time, but they're also a big part of the reason we have Howland. I'm not upset.

dawgpound
04-16-2015, 06:27 PM
The shirts are hideous but I think the phrase is funny. I'm sure someone will be fire for it since im sure our athletic department or baseball coaches knew what was on it.

BeardoMSU
04-16-2015, 06:28 PM
It could be argued that those shirts are more professional than calling yourself "The Confederates" in 2015.

Lol...This^^^^

Astute observation, Tom.

ETA: actually I would respect them more if they just called themselves what they were, rather than all the underhanded elusiveness. You are called the Rebels in direct correlation with your male students fighting for the confederacy. Your fight song is dixie. You wear grey unis called the "rebel greys". You're the confederates. Period. All this "its heritage, not hate" bullshit is about as flimsy as the Beav's dick at the sight of an already dammed stream.

Drugdog
04-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Joe Iupe, if you are reading this, order as many as possible. I promise you will sell out.

BeardoMSU
04-16-2015, 08:19 PM
Whelp, ole Kellenberger has opined on the situation.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/kellenberger/2015/04/16/kellenberger-explicit-t-shirts-embarrassing-tsun/25905119/

FlabLoser
04-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Adidas owes the fanbase free tshirts. Get two with a Maroon Is All That Matters trade-in.

sleepy dawg
04-16-2015, 08:24 PM
Whoever made these should get a bonus. Whoever approved them should get a promotion.... I'll take 3.

TUSK
04-16-2015, 08:28 PM
damn, all of the sudden my trailer house doesn't look as trashy, my Natty Light is a tad colder, and my cousin-wife seems smarter...

LC Dawg
04-16-2015, 08:33 PM
FTSUN

mstatefan91
04-16-2015, 10:06 PM
damn, all of the sudden my trailer house doesn't look as trashy, my Natty Light is a tad colder, and my cousin-wife seems smarter...
Poisoned trees trump all.

BulldogBear
04-16-2015, 10:13 PM
Wish I had one but this is a hoax

dawgoneyall
04-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Fork the school up north.

That's what I saw.

sbcmortgageman
04-17-2015, 12:03 AM

Go play in your meth lab.

JohnnyQuid
04-17-2015, 12:12 AM
Adidas owes the fanbase free tshirts. Get two with a Maroon Is All That Matters trade-in.

DancingRabbit
04-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Fork the school up north.

That's what I saw.

Nah, geared towards the photoshop geeks - Fark TSUN

headcoach98
04-17-2015, 07:59 AM
I want one.

Also!

HancockCountyDog
04-17-2015, 08:09 AM
I saw a bear post this on twitter and I thought it was a good idea. They should auction off the jerseys and give the money to a charity. I would buy one of those shirts for 50 bucks easy.

shannondawg
04-17-2015, 08:54 AM
I want one.

Make that two.

Kellenburger was off base on his column this morning. Add f*.* Kellenburger to the next one.

Maroonthirteen
04-17-2015, 08:55 AM
So obviously Stricklin didn't see the jersey before hand. So I assume someone with the baseball program dropped the ball.

How does the manager look at those and not ask someone up the chain of command if they will be worn? How does that person (up the ladder) not look at those and refuse to wear them.... For the phrase alone. I won't get into the aesthetics of the shirt.

As for Addidas...... I'm convinced they want out of the contract and/or playing a practical joke. Someone is probably sitting around....saying...."let's see what we can get these rubes to wear.". Just F--ing ridiculous.

Edit to add: while I'm po'ed about it. Can we please PLEASE stop the TSUN crap. It is f---ing stupid too.

HancockCountyDog
04-17-2015, 09:02 AM
These would sell in 5 minutes.

Pollodawg
04-17-2015, 09:09 AM
This is almost as classy as OM fans making fun of Dak's mom after the EB last season. Anything that pokes the more obnoxious half of that bunch in the eye is fine by me.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-17-2015, 09:09 AM
So obviously Stricklin didn't see the jersey before hand. So I assume someone with the baseball program dropped the ball.

How does the manager look at those and not ask someone up the chain of command if they will be worn? How does that person (up the ladder) not look at those and refuse to wear them.... For the phrase alone. I won't get into the aesthetics of the shirt.

As for Addidas...... I'm convinced they want out of the contract and/or playing a practical joke. Someone is probably sitting around....saying...."let's see what we can get these rubes to wear.". Just F--ing ridiculous.

Edit to add: while I'm po'ed about it. Can we please PLEASE stop the TSUN crap. It is f---ing stupid too.

This post has so much wrong in it. 1st they're warmup batting t-shirts nobody is going over with a fined tooth comb on them. They pulled them out the box & put them in the locker. 2nd the pictures of them were all over twitter early & nobody noticed what they said. You really have to pay attention & study them to see what it said.
As for Adidas wanting to get out the contract?? That's 1 of the craziest things I've read in a while. They wanted to get out so bad they took total blame & responsibility for the mistake. We are 1 of Adidas top priorities in every sport now they don't want to lose us or upset us.
I'm not a big fan of TSUN but it's not going anywhere at least as long as Dan Mullen is on campus. You're taking yourself a little too serious. It was juvenile & petty but nothing to get this riled up over.

BeardoMSU
04-17-2015, 09:10 AM
Can we please PLEASE stop the TSUN crap. It is f---ing stupid too.

I tend to agree.

Maroonthirteen
04-17-2015, 09:24 AM
I think you are wrong. These practice shirts leaked out and caused enough concern that the AD and Addidas apologized. So obviously every University employee needs to be concerned with how the University athletes are representing themselves at all times.

As for my comments on Addidas, that was a little tongue in cheek. But I don't buy for a second we are a big priority...... A little school with a small fan base.

Big4Dawg
04-17-2015, 09:25 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/kellenberger/2015/04/16/kellenberger-explicit-t-shirts-embarrassing-tsun/25905119/

So it's embarrassing to Mississippi State, which has worked long and hard both on- and off-the-field to overcome the image of being the little brother to Ole Miss (which the results don't bear out, but perceptions are hard to break).

Such a douche.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-17-2015, 09:28 AM
I think you are wrong. The AD and Addidas apologized. So obviously every University employee needs to be concerned with how the University athletes are representing themselves all times.

As for my comments on Addidas, that was a little tongue in cheek. But I don't buy for a second we are their biggest priority...... A little school with a small fan base.

Stricklin had to apologize. He's the head of the Athletic Dept. Whether MSU had 100% or 0% to do with it the situation was still involving MSU athletics. That is what a competent leader does. Step up in front of the situation whether you're wrong or not & defuse it.
Concerning Adidas I didn't say we are their biggest priority but we're very high up the food chain. They cater to us as much as they do any university they have a relationship with.

BrunswickDawg
04-17-2015, 09:34 AM
Add to it, that Adidas made a killing off us this year. Our merch license revenue was through the roof this year. They don't want to piss us off, they want to ride the wave until it crashes.

RougeDawg
04-17-2015, 09:57 AM

Such a douche.

So does Douchenberger acknowledge that "little brother" has dominated "big brother" in pretty much every major sport since integration?

I want one of those shirts and my opinion of Adodas has gone up dramatically.

Pollodawg
04-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Little brother? LMBO. State has a triple, TRIPLE, digit advantage over Mississippi in the big three sports combined.............

LC Dawg
04-17-2015, 11:21 AM
I know we have a pretty good contract with Adidas but is there any way we can renegotiate right now. It seems like this could give us a little leverage.

RocketCityDawg
04-17-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm working on trying to get one! Love it!

yakalot
04-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Stricklin had to apologize. He's the head of the Athletic Dept. Whether MSU had 100% or 0% to do with it the situation was still involving MSU athletics. That is what a competent leader does. Step up in front of the situation whether you're wrong or not & defuse it...

He could have thrown someone under the bus. That's what Freeze would have done....Oh, I'm sorry, I missed the competent leader part.

mparkerfd20
04-17-2015, 11:39 AM
I can not believe that. LOL.

The good news is hopefully whomever did this and gets fired is the same guy that thought it would be awesome to dress us up like the 1980's Phillies.

I hope to God this was Bracky Brett's idea!

scottycameron
04-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Typical Adidas. They finally come up with something great in F--k TSUN but incorporate it into a faggy shirt. Keep the Ftsun concept and use decent jerseys.

RocketCityDawg
04-17-2015, 12:13 PM
I hope to God this was Bracky Brett's idea!

In other words, turn lemons into lemonade. I like it.

drunkernhelldawg
04-17-2015, 12:29 PM
It really hurts our image. What idiot in the athletic department let this slip by? It's all fun and everything, but vulgar and offensive is what it is. It makes us look like a bunch of idiots, which is a far cry from what we actually are. Please don't defend this. Let's be who we are: one of the most highly educated and culturally aware fan bases in the South.

Hypnodawg
04-17-2015, 01:57 PM
I just want to know where to buy the damn thing. Half my family wants one.

Maroonthirteen
04-17-2015, 02:26 PM
The term little brother has been used a lot recently. Maybe in 50, 60s but not in my lifetime. I am like most of y'all, I grew up in MS. I never felt OM was anything other than an equal. Now Alabama... I always felt they were bigger, UK in basketball...but I never regarded OM as such.

MadDawg
04-17-2015, 02:56 PM
The term little brother has been used a lot recently. Maybe in 50, 60s but not in my lifetime. I am like most of y'all, I grew up in MS. I never felt OM was anything other than an equal. Now Alabama... I always felt they were bigger, UK in basketball...but I never regarded OM as such.

Agree completely. In my lifetime the only "little brother" in the state is USM.

drunkernhelldawg
04-17-2015, 03:37 PM
jjjjjj

mstatefan91
04-17-2015, 04:01 PM
The athletic department is not publicly accountable in the way an elected office holder's office is. Still, I would like to be assured that the athletic department is fully vetting this amazing blunder and making sure that nothing similar can ever happen again. Whodunit? What a blow to our credibility! One of the top athletic programs in the country puts out the most sophomoric nonsense imaginable. Trust me, this is a worse "dumpster fire" than the one that came from the big island because this one comes from staff or hopefully no higher. Staff members can't control the behavior of students. But they can control their own behavior. I personally don't appreciate being made to look like a bumpkin, and this nonsensical statement has done it to our whole university community.
You are blowing this out of proportion.

drunkernhelldawg
04-17-2015, 04:08 PM
You are blowing this out of proportion.

I'm not upset about it or obsessing in any way. I'm just pointing out that it's not the kind of thing that our university should want to be associated with. I'm also asking how something so imbecilic could happen in the name of Mississippi State University. It blows my mind, but my mind is used to being blown, so, as I say in the beginning, I've moved on with minimal effort.

mstatefan91
04-17-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm not upset about it or obsessing in any way. I'm just pointing out that it's not the kind of thing that our university should want to be associated with. I'm also asking how something so imbecilic could happen in the name of Mississippi State University. It blows my mind, but my mind is used to being blown, so, as I say in the beginning, I've moved on with minimal effort.

It will be addressed, and I'm sure there will be no more apparel screw ups involving language. I still found it funny, and I don't think that it has affected our image at all. People will have forgotten about it by the time football rolls around.

drunkernhelldawg
04-17-2015, 04:38 PM
It will be addressed, and I'm sure there will be no more apparel screw ups involving language. I still found it funny, and I don't think that it has affected our image at all. People will have forgotten about it by the time football rolls around.

I hope you're right. It's hard for me to imagine somebody forgetting about it, but we'll see. I'll just leave it at that.

Sienfield
04-17-2015, 05:00 PM
These shirts offend me as a comedian.

mstatefan91
04-17-2015, 05:23 PM
I hope you're right. It's hard for me to imagine somebody forgetting about it, but we'll see. I'll just leave it at that.
What I mean is that everyone outside of Mississippi State and Ole Miss fans will forget about it.

Who cares if Ole Miss fans bring it up? It won't affect us

War Machine Dawg
04-17-2015, 05:47 PM
What I mean is that everyone outside of Mississippi State and Ole Miss fans will forget about it.

Who cares if Ole Miss fans bring it up? It won't affect us

Hell, 99% of people outside the state of MS probably don't even know it's happened now.

DancingRabbit
04-17-2015, 06:54 PM

Some young geek in Oregon accidentally (or purposefully) sent a design they had been goofing around with to production. It's a warm-up t-shirt. You have to look close to see what it almost but doesn't really say (dirty minds). Nobody notices until pics get tweeted out. It blows up for one day. Stricklin chews out the Adidas rep and says you owe me one. Story goes away.

If RebelAP blows over in 3-4 days this can't last long.

BulldogBear
04-17-2015, 06:57 PM
As amusing as I find this, it is beyond stupid. If this is for real, the fact that TSUN is on the shirt is relevant in no way. This is the issue: Who in their right mind ever thought you put F__K on something a college student representing the school is beyond me?

Someone at employed by Addidas and/or Mississippi State University had better be fired for this.

drunkernhelldawg
04-18-2015, 02:43 AM
As amusing as I find this, it is beyond stupid. If this is for real, the fact that TSUN is on the shirt is relevant in no way. This is the issue: Who in their right mind ever thought you put F__K on something a college student representing the school is beyond me?

Someone at employed by Addidas and/or Mississippi State University had better be fired for this.

I'm not demanding that anyone be fired. The immediate supervisor is close to the situation, and I will respect whatever decision is made. I disagree that it will be forgotten; the problem with that is that this is a unique blunder. I can't think of a single comparable situation, an official garment representing one school using profanity against another school. Again, I'm amazed. I urge that the shirt not be defended.

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Please stop spelling Adidas as "addidas". Hasn't been that way ever. Thanks.

maroonmania
04-18-2015, 12:26 PM
My .02 cents but the whole thing should be an embarrassment to our university and a major company like Adidas. I've never heard of anything like this before happening at another university with a team wearing something with a vulgar reference. First, I don't like the fact that ANY reference to another school is on something that our teams wear. We should be focused our OUR brand and OUR school, not giving reference (vulgar or not) to another institution. Second, I just don't see how this happens. From Adidas somehow getting the idea to actually print these(whether approved or originated by someone at MSU or not) to how a manager doesn't notice this and say something to someone, to how players putting this on (35 of them) don't notice this and say something, to how the coaching staff doesn't see this and stop players from going on the field with it, etc. I mean so many points that this could have been caught and stopped its ridiculous. Epic fail all around and just something that does not reflect well on us at any level. Stricklin should be pissed and I can only assume that someone, somewhere lost their job over this.