PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Super Bulldog Weekend Weather Forecast Thread

TheRef
04-16-2015, 03:03 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2015/04/16/2015-super-bulldog-weekend-weather-forecast/

Sadly, I don't see us having much time without rain this weekend. Also, whoever is the "Official SEC Meteorologist" was drunk today when he sent out the forecast to MSU. He said 0% chance of rain for the game on Friday, to which the WHOLE Meteorology department laughed and swore the guy had to be drunk off his a**. Anyway....Sunday may be the best chance we have to get games in, due to the weather situation.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up here or on Twitter.

Really Clark?
04-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Concerning Saturday, what time of day are you seeing the biggest chance of rain. Planning around my daughters tournament but they are talking canceling it so we may have time for the spring game and we have to go the the softball game for my 11 year old who is completely into ball. Lol

TheRef
04-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Concerning Saturday, what time of day are you seeing the biggest chance of rain. Planning around my daughters tournament but they are talking canceling it so we may have time for the spring game and we have to go the the softball game for my 11 year old who is completely into ball. Lol

About baseball time will be the worst, honestly.

Really Clark?
04-16-2015, 03:55 PM
About baseball time will be the worst, honestly.

Thanks. Hopefully it will lighten up by 6 for softball then but they could make Sunday a double header if we get too much rain. They are talking about moving our games to Oxford but I don't think that will make a difference.

Dawg Corps
04-16-2015, 04:02 PM
Yeah...I'd appreciate it if you somehow allowed it rain everywhere but Starkville. That'd be nice.

TheRef
04-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Yeah...I'd appreciate it if you somehow allowed it rain everywhere but Starkville. That'd be nice.

So you're basically telling me to turn on the Dome again? I'll see what strings I can pull.

Hotdawg66
04-16-2015, 08:21 PM
Heard that Mullen is seriously thinking about cancelling Spring Game due to weather. Will make the call Saturday morning

starkvegasdawg
04-16-2015, 09:06 PM
How are you seeing the severe threat Sunday?

TheRef
04-16-2015, 09:35 PM
How are you seeing the severe threat Sunday?

More of a threat on Saturday than Sunday, truthfully.

TheRef
04-16-2015, 09:35 PM
Heard that Mullen is seriously thinking about cancelling Spring Game due to weather. Will make the call Saturday morning

If I were Mullen and Management, I might do it. Yeah you'll have disgruntled fans, but it won't be a high quality atmosphere if they play it this Saturday with the conditions. I pray I'm wrong.

Dawg Corps
04-17-2015, 08:19 AM
So you're basically telling me to turn on the Dome again? I'll see what strings I can pull.

Exactly. Make that dome in The Hunger Games look like child's play.

Bama_Dawg
04-17-2015, 09:58 AM
I say cancel the Spring Game now. Have a meet the team in the Palmeiro Center and call it a day. We don't need guys getting injured playing on a wet field. If you want to put on a show, do a 7 on 7 inside.

Ralph
04-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Thanks. Hopefully it will lighten up by 6 for softball then but they could make Sunday a double header if we get too much rain. They are talking about moving our games to Oxford but I don't think that will make a difference.

You serious Clark?

Big4Dawg
04-17-2015, 10:22 AM
So is the weather channel wrong?

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/USMS0367:1:US

They have it holding off until 2 when it goes up to 50%. Until then, it stays around 15%.

TheRef
04-17-2015, 10:29 AM
So is the weather channel wrong?

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/l/USMS0367:1:US

They have it holding off until 2 when it goes up to 50%. Until then, it stays around 15%.

I wouldn't trust the weather channel...but that's just me....

Big4Dawg
04-17-2015, 10:45 AM
So is your model showing the same thing as yesterday?

TheRef
04-17-2015, 10:51 AM
So is your model showing the same thing as yesterday?

Just looked at the models again and it does seem like the trend is that the rain will hold off until around first pitch time. You have to remember that forecasts are very fluid right about this time, but it does seem to suggest that we might be dry for the Spring game.

Really Clark?
04-17-2015, 11:24 AM
You serious Clark?

Sorry should have clarified from my earlier post my daughter is playing a softball tourney up there at the same time. She is 11. They move it from Starkville to Oxford though I guess because of field conditions?? I don't know if the Starkville fields would be worse than Oxfords or not though.

The MSU softball might do the Sunday double header if Sat evening rains out