PDA

View Full Version : Phil Steele's Projected Top 25

Covercorner2
04-16-2015, 01:15 PM
So Phil Steele came out with his "projected" AP top 11-25 today, but it is only accessible to ESPN insiders. Anyone want to share it, or at least share if we made the cut or not?

TUSK
04-16-2015, 01:19 PM
dig it:

top 10 - '15 - Phil Steele

Ohio St.
TCU
Alabama
Baylor
Oregon
Michigan St.
USC
FSU
Auburn
Georgia

Quaoarsking
04-16-2015, 01:41 PM
We are 21st.

Ole Miss is 12, LSU 14, Arkansas 20. 6th in the West.

starkvegasdawg
04-16-2015, 01:58 PM
No way the bears are a top 15 team. They have one QB that has never seen a D1 field and is a head case, one that threw the ball backwards in a game, and one that saw the field so little they probably made him buy a ticket to go to the games.

War Machine Dawg
04-16-2015, 01:58 PM
Phil Steele is clueless. Why does anyone even pay attention to him anymore? I'll give away my Battle Bell if we finish 6th in the West, barring a rash of injuries which include Dak.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Steele had us something like 33rd last year

TUSK
04-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Steele used to be really, really strong... his success made him sell out, go all "commercial" and get lazy...

nevertheless, he compiles a lot of data that can be useful...

Covercorner2
04-16-2015, 02:15 PM
To be clear, this is what he thinks the AP poll will look like, not HIS rankings. And I could see the media having us ranked below Ole Miss, because that happens every year. Honestly, I'm surprised he thinks the AP will rank us that high. Starting out ranked is good for exposure.

Jack Lambert
04-16-2015, 02:37 PM
He's trying to drive followers. I am surprise he doesn't have Tenn in the top 10.

smootness
04-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Steele has never been that good. He just compiles a lot of stats and for a while was one of the only guys on the market, so everybody looked to him.

He based everything on # of returning players and recruiting rankings.

Covercorner2
04-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Steele has never been that good. He just compiles a lot of stats and for a while was one of the only guys on the market, so everybody looked to him.

He based everything on # of returning players and recruiting rankings.

AGain,
This what he thinks the AP poll will look like, not HIS rankings. Hence PROJECTED. I was not interested in what HE thinks of us personally. I do, however, have interest in where we may be ranked in the AP poll to start the season for exposure purposes. He is pretty good at predicting what the AP poll will be. His actual analysis is, like y'all said, is 99% returning starters and recruiting rankings.

smootness
04-16-2015, 03:36 PM
AGain,
This what he thinks the AP poll will look like, not HIS rankings. Hence PROJECTED. I was not interested in what HE thinks of us personally. I do, however, have interest in where we may be ranked in the AP poll to start the season for exposure purposes. He is pretty good at predicting what the AP poll will be. His actual analysis is, like y'all said, is 99% returning starters and recruiting rankings.

Good call, thanks, I missed that.

Honestly, this is not about his rankings, though, since most will rank us similarly. It was just a general comment about Steele.

TUSK
04-16-2015, 03:52 PM
Good call, thanks, I missed that.

Honestly, this is not about his rankings, though, since most will rank us similarly. It was just a general comment about Steele.

I may be looking at the wrong data, but Steele is (historically) a more accurate predictor than his competitors....

vs Lindy's, Athlon, Sporting News, etc....

Dawgface
04-16-2015, 03:58 PM
OM 12? That is crazy with an unproven qb.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Bama 9-3 at best

TUSK
04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Bama 9-3 at best

Saban better not... these 3 & 4 loss seasons have got to stop.*

I seen it dawg
04-16-2015, 04:47 PM
We are going to win the SEC.

TUSK
04-16-2015, 07:51 PM

This is awesome!... wait, you weren't talkin about football, were you?

is this a trick?

Madisonmd
04-17-2015, 06:30 AM
If Ole Miss can find a QB, they can be really good. They're defense is going to be good

msstate7
04-17-2015, 06:35 AM
If Ole Miss can find a QB, they can be really good. They're defense is going to be good

I think om's defense is gonna be really good too. I do wonder if it will take a step back though from losing prewitt and golson. Those two forced a ton of TO's last year and were the heart of the defense imo.

Covercorner2
04-17-2015, 08:12 AM

This.

And I agree. Bama takes a significant step back. Their secondary and linebackers aren't what they have been in the recent past, and they rely on that with their 3-4 defense. Not to mention they have to go to Auburn, State, and UGA (3 top 5 SEC teams). West will come down to State and Auburn. Auburn's schedule sets up nice for them...

HancockCountyDog
04-17-2015, 08:17 AM
If we beat LSU - and we should, I agree with I seen it dawg

RougeDawg
04-17-2015, 08:30 AM
I think om's defense is gonna be really good too. I do wonder if it will take a step back though from losing prewitt and golson. Those two forced a ton of TO's last year and were the heart of the defense imo.

Ding ding we have a winner. Many forget that Prewitt saved the game for them against Memphis. Memphis was driving to take the lead late in the game inside bears 20, and the ball went off the WR Right to Prewitt. Bears ended up winning by a few scows because Memphis gave up after that.

Another thing people forget is how many times they scored via "big plays". Without the big play which are more luck than skill, they lose to Boise, Memphis, Us and I believe Bama. They had a ton of luck on their sides last year and were rarely ever in command of their wins from beginning to end. People only seem to look at final record, recruiting ranks, and returning "starters".

I was on Asschaps yesterday about this very thing on Twitter. Told him to do the research that Vegas does because he admitted he puts emphasis on "returning starters". We all know ESPN relies heavily on recruiting rankings also. Told him to actually look at who is returning for each team, contribution wise, not simply go by starters lost. But those asshats will continue to get it wrong like they did last year and most years.

Really Clark?
04-17-2015, 08:31 AM

I think it takes a step back as well. The LB's and the depth there is very weak IMO. And like you mentioned two big shoes to fill in the secondary. I think they have some good players to take over but that doesn't equal the same production. And Golson INT totals were absurd and way above his norm. If he averaged just his normal 2-3 or even had 4, then they are middle of the pack in the SEC along with a big group of other team with around 16 INT instead of tied for first last year. I do think it will be a good defense but more along the lines of allowing 20 pts per game.

Pollodawg
04-17-2015, 09:12 AM
The only reason to read Phil is the boat load of statistical info. he gives. Take away his calculator and his equations, and he's any other college football analyst.

1bigdawg
04-17-2015, 09:29 AM
He ranked us 33rd last year and 21st this year. I could live with a 12 place jump in the final polls:cool:

thunderclap
04-17-2015, 09:31 AM
If no QB and no running game = 12 then we should be -5.

Political Hack
04-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Steele has went from being one of the best to one of the worst. I wonder if he changed his approach to evaluating or something, but he's gotten horrible lately.

Ole Miss is WAY too high. Bama and Auburn are too high. Having us below Arkansas is absurd. His top 5 or so are solid, but a blind monkey could pick those.

The SEC is going to get ZERO respect this year. Putting 6 SEC West teams in the top 25 is a non-starter. It's not going to happen.

BulldogBear
04-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Steele has went from being one of the best to one of the worst. I wonder if he changed his approach to evaluating or something, but he's gotten horrible lately.

Ole Miss is WAY too high. Bama and Auburn are too high. Having us below Arkansas is absurd. His top 5 or so are solid, but a blind monkey could pick those.

The SEC is going to get ZERO respect this year. Putting 6 SEC West teams in the top 25 is a non-starter. It's not going to happen.

This is the truth. I get the mag every year because I love all the stats and the ready made book to write all the scores in each week. For the most part I place all of the prediction stuff into the "isn't that cute" category!

FISHDAWG
04-17-2015, 10:36 AM
If no QB and no running game = 12 then we should be -5.

I'm not yet convinced we will have a running game.... it looks ok on paper but still remains to be seen

Really Clark?
04-17-2015, 11:20 AM
I'm not yet convinced we will have a running game.... it looks ok on paper but still remains to be seen

I think with nearly a 1,000 yard rusher coming back and the potentional from a guy (although it was a small sample size) who rushed for 6.8 yards per carry against the best defense in the league at the end of the season, we are a little better than ok on paper. When was the last time we were just average in rushing because of personel? Our scheme hurt our rushing numbers in 2012 & 2013 because of trying be more a pass first team, but the personel was still good. Especially compare to TSUN. They didn't have any back over 600 yards last year.

Tbonewannabe
04-17-2015, 11:22 AM
No way the bears are a top 15 team. They have one QB that has never seen a D1 field and is a head case, one that threw the ball backwards in a game, and one that saw the field so little they probably made him buy a ticket to go to the games.

I don't understand either. UM lost almost as much on D as we did only they don't return nearly as much on O. We even have a Heisman candidate at QB. As much crap as we give Bo dirt, he was a pretty good QB. They don't have RBs to take part of the Offensive load either. They would have to have a top 5 defense to even get close to the top 20 with us and Bama on the road this year.

sandwolf
04-17-2015, 12:12 PM
UM lost almost as much on D as we did only they don't return nearly as much on O.

They return a lot more starters than we do, including all of their linemen on both sides of the ball. Granted, our numbers are skewed a bit, due to the fact that some of our best players weren't labeled as starters (e.g. Chris Jones and Will Redmond). But they only lose two starters off of their offense.....Bo Wallace and Vince Sanders. And then they lose Golson, Prewitt and a couple of linebackers on defense. Golson and Prewitt are definitely big losses, but that have some talent to replace them with. I think their linebackers will determine whether or not their defense is as good as it was in 2014.

Bottom line, if they can get solid play from their QB (and LB's to a smaller extent), I expect them to be very, very good next year. And if we can get solid play from our defensive line and safeties, I expect us to be very, very good next year. I would not be surprised at all if we head into November with both teams still in the running for the West.

ShotgunDawg
04-17-2015, 01:42 PM
They return a lot more starters than we do, including all of their linemen on both sides of the ball. Granted, our numbers are skewed a bit, due to the fact that some of our best players weren't labeled as starters (e.g. Chris Jones and Will Redmond). But they only lose two starters off of their offense.....Bo Wallace and Vince Sanders. And then they lose Golson, Prewitt and a couple of linebackers on defense. Golson and Prewitt are definitely big losses, but that have some talent to replace them with. I think their linebackers will determine whether or not their defense is as good as it was in 2014.

Bottom line, if they can get solid play from their QB (and LB's to a smaller extent), I expect them to be very, very good next year. And if we can get solid play from our defensive line and safeties, I expect us to be very, very good next year. I would not be surprised at all if we head into November with both teams still in the running for the West.

And if LSU gets solid QB play, they'll be good.

If Arkansas gets solid QB play they will be good.

If Florida would've gotten solid QB play, Muschamp would still be the coach.

Point is, there is not a bigger risk for any team than not knowing what they'll get from the QB position.
My problem with the Ole Miss isn't that they'll have a pretty good team, it's that when you rank them in top 15, you are making an assumption that they are going to get solid QB play, but history shows us that it just doesn't work that way, and much less with a guy like Chad Kelly.

NFL teams get knocked if they don't have a elite QB, but for some reason we blindly over look that in college football.

I don't understand why the media isn't really considering the likelyhood that Chad Kelly will just be an average to below average SEC QB, just like most of the other first year starters in the SEC.

Everyone says, "if they get good QB play, then they could be good.", but what they fail to mention is that you could say the same about 10 SEC teams and they are making an assumption that Ole Miss will get good QB play without any evidence of that being so.

HancockCountyDog
04-17-2015, 02:04 PM

Point is, there is not a bigger risk for any team than not knowing what they'll get from the QB position.
My problem with the Ole Miss isn't that they'll have a pretty good team, it's that when you rank them in top 15, you are making an assumption that they are going to get solid QB play, but history shows us that it just doesn't work that way, and much less with a guy like Chad Kelly.

NFL teams get knocked if they don't have a elite QB, but for some reason we blindly over look that in college football.

I don't understand why the media isn't really considering the likelyhood that Chad Kelly will just be an average to below average SEC QB, just like most of the other first year starters in the SEC.

Everyone says, "if they get good QB play, then they could be good.", but what they fail to mention is that you could say the same about 10 SEC teams and they are making an assumption that Ole Miss will get good QB play without any evidence of that being so.

If they get average QB play, they will be pretty good. I don't think they will.

Political Hack
04-17-2015, 02:08 PM
If they get average QB play, they will be pretty good. I don't think they will.

I have way more faith in Cam working with them than you do then. He doesn't have to worry about the OL, WRs, TEs, or RBs... he can focus damn near all of his attention on the QB. Look at what he did with Met in just two years. He's the only coach that Met had in college for more than 1 consecutive year and he blossomed under him. He's going to produce a great offense next year behind a power running game and WRs that you can't afford to not double. We're lucky we get them early.

sandwolf
04-17-2015, 02:35 PM

This is a fair point, and I agree that if they have a total shit show at QB, then they will not be a top 15 or even top 25 type team. But to clarify, when I say "solid QB play" I am not saying they need to get really good/above average QB play.....I am saying they need to get solid, competent QB play that is around average for an SEC QB. If they can get that level of play, then I think that their receivers are good enough to field an effective offense. And considering that they have 2 third year QB's and a pretty talented JUCO that enrolled in January, I am expecting Bucky to be able to field a competent QB. If he can't, I will be pleasantly surprised.

sandwolf
04-17-2015, 02:37 PM
If they get average QB play, they will be pretty good.

I agree.

I have way more faith in Cam working with them than you do then. He doesn't have to worry about the OL, WRs, TEs, or RBs... he can focus damn near all of his attention on the QB. Look at what he did with Met in just two years. He's the only coach that Met had in college for more than 1 consecutive year and he blossomed under him. He's going to produce a great offense next year behind a power running game and WRs that you can't afford to not double. We're lucky we get them early.

We are talking about Ole Miss.

HancockCountyDog
04-17-2015, 02:42 PM

I was actually talking about the bears.

As far as LSU. Yeah, he did a great job with Met. All he had was an NFL RB and two of the most explosive WR's in college (Landry and Beckham) and they still lost to a depleted bear roster.

Harris or Jennings are not as good as Mett, and none of their WR's are as good as Beckham and Landry. They have potential, but they aren't that good.

LSU couldn't beat the bears in 2013 with a much better team and the bears were pretty average in 2013, I don't see how they beat the bears or us next year unless their coaching staff becomes competent.

Political Hack
04-17-2015, 02:48 PM
We are talking about Ole Miss.

Oh, yeah, they suck.

Political Hack
04-17-2015, 02:50 PM
I was actually talking about the bears.

As far as LSU. Yeah, he did a great job with Met. All he had was an NFL RB and two of the most explosive WR's in college (Landry and Beckham) and they still lost to a depleted bear roster.

Harris or Jennings are not as good as Mett, and none of their WR's are as good as Beckham and Landry. They have potential, but they aren't that good.

LSU couldn't beat the bears in 2013 with a much better team and the bears were pretty average in 2013, I don't see how they beat the bears or us next year unless their coaching staff becomes competent.

they aren't as good as Beckham, but they are as good as Landry. Also, their 3 for next year are better and deeper than their 3 when Beckham was there. Harris can be better than Met. Jennings can't.

SDDawg
04-17-2015, 08:13 PM
We are 21st.

Ole Miss is 12, LSU 14, Arkansas 20. 6th in the West.

AYFKM???????!!!!!' OM is like 50th for real, right???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach34
04-17-2015, 09:17 PM

Mett was a pro talent- those two guys he has to work with are not

scottycameron
04-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Mett was a pro talent- those two guys he has to work with are not

I agree 100%. No QB and they are terrible, defense or not. That is the BIG question with them. They have NO RB at all. It all depends on QB play. Their defense will make them good against OOC teams and weak SEC teams regardless, but the good teams in the SEC will have their way if they don't get QB play. They have invested in WR recruiting and if they don't have a QB they will be terrible. If Kelly lights it up they can be awesome, if he is what I think he will be they will be average, which is way below average in the SECW. Their whole season, and the eggbowl comes down to QB play. Incredibly interesting preseason scenario.

DancingRabbit
04-17-2015, 11:57 PM
By most measurements, Bo was somewhere between between the 4th best to 6th best QB in the SEC. Pretty good.

To say they need "average" QB performance, do you mean their QB needs to be in the top 8 or 9 in the SEC?

This is a fair point, and I agree that if they have a total shit show at QB, then they will not be a top 15 or even top 25 type team. But to clarify, when I say "solid QB play" I am not saying they need to get really good/above average QB play.....I am saying they need to get solid, competent QB play that is around average for an SEC QB. If they can get that level of play, then I think that their receivers are good enough to field an effective offense. And considering that they have 2 third year QB's and a pretty talented JUCO that enrolled in January, I am expecting Bucky to be able to field a competent QB. If he can't, I will be pleasantly surprised.

TUSK
04-18-2015, 12:26 AM
dayum... you cats are keepin it real, here... and it's only April...

so, what's ED's consensus for the West's Rep in the '16 SECCG?

1 - MSU
2 - Mississippi
3 - Auburn
4 - LSU
5 - A&M
6 - Arkie
7 - Bammer

sandwolf
04-18-2015, 01:44 AM
By most measurements, Bo was somewhere between between the 4th best to 6th best QB in the SEC. Pretty good.

To say they need "average" QB performance, do you mean their QB needs to be in the top 8 or 9 in the SEC?

I don't know how to say it any more clearly than I did in the post you quoted.....

Schultzy
04-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Pre-season predictions by the pundits have nothing to do with accuracy and everything to do with selling hype and pleasing certain fan bases which is ok bc we proved last year you can jump to number one from nowhere if you get it done on the field.

That said, I don't think the sec has ever been more difficult to predict, bc Ark, us and UM putting better products on the field and some other traditional powers having to rebuild like Fla And UT.

There will be only handful of important plays that determine who makes the SEC championship game. It's impossible to predict this year but will be fun to watch.

I seen it dawg
04-18-2015, 09:16 AM

1 - MSU
2 - Mississippi
3 - Auburn
4 - LSU
5 - A&M
6 - Arkie
7 - Bammer

All of that will have to do with who takes over for Dak in 16. Asshat. And no one here would ever give ole miss that much respect. Stop being stupid bama trash.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 09:23 AM
All of that will have to do with who takes over for Dak in 16. Asshat. And no one here would ever give ole miss that much respect. Stop being stupid bama trash.

He's mad because now everybody is starting to think Bama is going to lose 3-4 games. Guy on Finebaum Thursday or Friday was talking about it and their schedule. He said he didnt see any way Bama didnt lose 3 games.

The difference for Bama in 2015 is that teams like State, Ole Missus, and UPig are good enough to beat them now that they are down a little. Bama has to bring the thunder every week- and no team can do that. 9-3 is their ceiling

Covercorner2
04-18-2015, 09:47 AM
He's just mad because Bama is starting to underachieve, while teams like us are overachieving and closing the gap. #1 ranked recruiting classes and what not. Just wait until we beat them this year with far less "talent....."

gravedigger
04-18-2015, 09:57 AM
I may be looking at the wrong data, but Steele is (historically) a more accurate predictor than his competitors....

vs Lindy's, Athlon, Sporting News, etc....

The clarion ledger is historically more accurate than the national inquirer.

But it doesnt make it worth reading.

TheVoiceofReason
04-18-2015, 11:52 AM
the hype they are getting in only because of their defense. They potentially could be better this year because their dline is loaded. The QB ad OL are their question marks and could be what makes them fall.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 11:59 AM
the hype they are getting in only because of their defense. They potentially could be better this year because their dline is loaded. The QB ad OL are their question marks and could be what makes them fall.

They will be very good on D and at WR- no doubt

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2015, 12:41 PM

1 - MSU
2 - Mississippi
3 - Auburn
4 - LSU
5 - A&M
6 - Arkie
7 - Bammer

I would say:

1. MSU - QB is the most important position in all of team sports. MSU has top 3 QB in the country. Diaz will improve the defense.
2. Bama - Still has a lot of talent but has to play at MSU.
3. ARK - Has improved QB returning with best run game in the country.
4. UM - QB is a huge ? and run game is also a ?. Very good defense but will the O score enough.
5. AU - It will be interesting to see how the defense improves.
6. LSU - tons of talent but QB is still a big ?. Plays at MSU early which is great for MSU.
7. TA&M - somebody has to be here. This team is the biggest ? to me. Has as much talent as anyone but didn't live up to hype. Has probably the best pass rusher in the country who will now be a sophmore.

I really think more than any year ever, a couple of injuries could flip the entire list. If Dak went down, probably drop to middle of the pack. Bama has a lot more leeway with their team depth. If Bama is able to replace Cooper, they can still compete for the title game.

TUSK
04-18-2015, 04:11 PM

dude, I ****ed that all up... meant THIS year ('15) not next year... Sorry, buddy....

edit - also, those weren't my "rankings" I just wrote em down as they came to mind and put my guys last... and I was drunk, not trying to be "bama trash"... please lighten up, daddio...

TUSK
04-18-2015, 04:14 PM
He's just mad because Bama is starting to underachieve, while teams like us are overachieving and closing the gap. #1 ranked recruiting classes and what not. Just wait until we beat them this year with far less "talent....."

If being in the NC picture every year is "underachieving", I'm ok with that....

TUSK
04-18-2015, 04:22 PM
He's mad because now everybody is starting to think Bama is going to lose 3-4 games. Guy on Finebaum Thursday or Friday was talking about it and their schedule. He said he didnt see any way Bama didnt lose 3 games.

The difference for Bama in 2015 is that teams like State, Ole Missus, and UPig are good enough to beat them now that they are down a little. Bama has to bring the thunder every week- and no team can do that. 9-3 is their ceiling

the schedule is brutal, Coach... and there are 7 or 8 games they "could" lose...

I just don't see them losing any game on their home slate and there's even less a chance they go 1-3 on the road...

Additionally, Bama always has to "bring the thunder every week" (see the OM loss last year)...

and while I agree with CC2 about the "gap closing" I disagree that Bammer will be "down" this year... at least by a huge amount...

Covercorner2
04-18-2015, 04:22 PM
They will be very good on D and at WR- no doubt

We may be better at WR, especially when depth is considered. We looked great at the position today, and Gabe Myles, Malik Dear and Jesse Jacksom didn't even play....

Coach34
04-18-2015, 04:48 PM
the schedule is brutal, Coach... and there are 7 or 8 games they "could" lose...

I just don't see them losing any game on their home slate and there's even less a chance they go 1-3 on the road...

Additionally, Bama always has to "bring the thunder every week" (see the OM loss last year)...

and while I agree with CC2 about the "gap closing" I disagree that Bammer will be "down" this year... at least by a huge amount...

a) You probably wont lose a home game- but Ole Missus with their D has a shot at ya early on. That game will be close in the 4th and their weapons give them a shot. UPig will play you close and make you uncomfortable. Same with LSU.

b) great chance of you going 1-3 on the road. Georgia, Auburn, and State will all be very good this year

C) You havent always had to bring the thunder- Bama has had some of the easiest SEC schedules

D) This will be Saban's worst team since the 6-6 team he took over

HancockCountyDog
04-18-2015, 04:55 PM
If Henry actually gets to carry the ball this year , I could see Bama winning more than 10.

gravedigger
04-18-2015, 05:18 PM
6c ARK
5b. A&M
5a LSU
4. OM
3. Bama
2. State
1. Auburn

Arkansas will not be the pushover they were, but just being better than they were doesn't make them 'climb the ladder' in the west yet. But they are close to LSU and A&M and any of those three are interchangeable.

OM will be a solid team and only because of the instability at the qb position, will they be unable to win the ones that count.
Bama could very well be the same old bama that we know. It really just has to do with qb play, replacing cooper's production and fielding the defense they are accustomed to. If the qb production is there, they could very well run away with the west as they have in the past. I just don't see it this year with road games in Starkville and Auburn.
Auburn is going to be a force. Not because they have more talent than anyone, but because they are seasoned in that offense and they will have a defense to match.
State could be an enigma for even state fans. I think we'll be an improved team because Dak will make better decisions and we really have the right combination of TE, WR, RB talent at one time for him to utilize. That and the fact that there are 2 REALLY good rb's in the backfield now to platoon with. Of course, if our offense doesn't click or the Safeties do not perform on defense we could wind up in the bottom three in the west.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 06:10 PM
good grief- the West is so evenly balanced right now its insane

Dawgcentral
04-18-2015, 06:20 PM
I think getting a great start with a victory over LSU and a road win over Auburn will be a great start.

All I can hope for at this point.

Coach34
04-18-2015, 06:35 PM
LSU is the key- I'm not expecting to beat Auburn on the road. If we do- watch out.

Dawgcentral
04-18-2015, 07:00 PM
We've played Auburn so close over the past few years that I'll feel confident going into that game.

Haven't read up on who they return, but I place it in the same category as the road game at LSU last year. That was a key indicator at that time.

We'll have plenty of offense to win the game. Pressure from the DLine and good safety play will make the difference.

TUSK
04-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Auburn is going to be some MFers this year... they have upped their game since '11.

The IB will again be a deciding factor in who wins the NC

TUSK
04-19-2015, 12:41 AM
a) You probably wont lose a home game- but Ole Missus with their D has a shot at ya early on. That game will be close in the 4th and their weapons give them a shot. UPig will play you close and make you uncomfortable. Same with LSU.

b) great chance of you going 1-3 on the road. Georgia, Auburn, and State will all be very good this year

C) You havent always had to bring the thunder- Bama has had some of the easiest SEC schedules

D) This will be Saban's worst team since the 6-6 team he took over

A) maybe
B) no
C) no
D) no

oh, and please edit for: "no", in general...

I seen it dawg
04-19-2015, 12:59 PM
Auburn is going to be some MFers this year... they have upped their game since '11.

No it won't.

Coach34
04-19-2015, 01:30 PM

Only if Auburn beats us to eliminate us

Covercorner2
04-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Only if Auburn beats us to eliminate us

Yep. West will come down to us and Auburn...

Cabo32
04-19-2015, 03:37 PM

Was it a deciding factor this year?

TUSK
04-19-2015, 04:21 PM
No it won't.

I disagree... but LOVE the retort! +1...

TUSK
04-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Was it a deciding factor this year?

sure it was... had Auburn beaten Alabama the CFP would have had a different lineup... but I dig what you are suggesting and I could have phrased my post differently...

Cabo32
04-19-2015, 04:35 PM
sure it was... had Auburn beaten Alabama the CFP would have had a different lineup... but I dig what you are suggesting and I could have phrased my post differently...

10-4...with the way Ohio state was playing I doubt anybody was going to beat them. Honestly, I doubt anybody beats them this year

cbrunt29
04-19-2015, 04:53 PM
10-4...with the way Ohio state was playing I doubt anybody was going to beat them. Honestly, I doubt anybody beats them this year

Nobody will beat them this year because their schedule is a cakewalk. Every team in the SEC west would most likely go 12-0 with that schedule.

BulldogBear
04-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Nobody will beat them this year because their schedule is a cakewalk. Every team in the SEC west would most likely go 12-0 with that schedule.

Too much truth^

Herbstreit says 17 off, Buckeyes would go 12-0 with Bama's schedule