PDA

View Full Version : The Americans(FX T.V. series)

DanDority
04-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Anyone watching this show? I haven't seen a post about it.

MabenMaroon
04-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Yeah, the wife and myself have watched it since the first episode. We find it very intriguing and somewhat nostalgic, we are both in our late 50's and we were somewhat politically aware and kept up with world affairs. Find the show has a good story line, the actors are a good fit to the characters and the character chemistry is good. Don't much care for the 'Martha' storyline ( a little too hokey on that ), but the rest keeps us anticipating the next turns.
Makes you wonder what really goes on in the world of international espionage and keeps me paranoid about the border and our current state of security.

DanDority
04-19-2015, 09:08 PM
10-4 on that. I couldn't agree more. I'm glad to know someone else tunes in to this show. I've been wondering for a while if I was the only one. I was of the opinion last season that Philip would be the one to flip but now I'm not so sure.

Schultzy
04-24-2015, 03:30 AM
The scene where Elizabeth forced the old lady to eat those pills was powerful. It'll be interesting to see what happens with the daughter next season.

I DVR'd it and it cut off the last 11 minutes of the season finale! She was calling Father Tim and it cut off. What happened after that?

DanDority
04-24-2015, 08:45 AM
Do you want to know or not? I'll tell you but don't want to spoil it for you.

Schultzy
04-25-2015, 02:26 AM
Do you want to know or not? I'll tell you but don't want to spoil it for you.

Yes, please.

DanDority
04-25-2015, 12:17 PM
It was a long drawn out scene with Paige telling Pastor Tim that her parents aren't who they say they are. She told him that they were Russian spy's and not to tell anyone, while her parents are watching the news and President Reagan speaking. Boom the season is over.

Schultzy
04-27-2015, 06:52 PM
I think Paige will end up killing Elizabeth.

DanDority
04-27-2015, 09:44 PM
I think Paige will end up killing Elizabeth.

I could see this. I must say that I was a little shocked that she came right out and told the pastor what and who her parents were.

Schultzy
05-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Next season will start with the Rezidenture telling Phillip and Elizabeth about that phone conversation, no way their home isn't bugged.

Phillip is gonna end up flipping and taking Henry and Paige into witness protection. Ratting on Elizabeth and their handler.

DanDority
05-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Next season will start with the Rezidenture telling Phillip and Elizabeth about that phone conversation, no way their home isn't bugged.

Phillip is gonna end up flipping and taking Henry and Paige into witness protection. Ratting on Elizabeth and their handler.

Good call, I thought this for a couple seasons. This last season though I began seeing Elizabeth as a possible turn coat and Philip staying the coarse because of his other son who is still in USSR and the military.