PDA

View Full Version : Malik Newman- wishful thinking

messageboardsuperhero
04-16-2015, 09:03 AM
There is a lot of wishful thinking coming from UM people right now about Malik Newman. It's funny how every national recruiting analyst who has gone on record the past week says they think MSU is the leader- and yet all you are hearing from UM people is "State's not even in the game."

They talk Newman's recruitment in this podcast without hardly discussing MSU as a possibility. At the 4:50 point, I learned that apparently Mississippi State has only "somewhat" been talked about as an option- LOL. And at the 10:30 mark, I learned that Mississippi State "isn't really in it." After that I just had to stop listening because any credibility was just gone. I'm genuinely curious if this guy is that delusional, or if he just has really shitty sources.

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/rebelsportsradio/2015-04-14-1204648096-TheShowUpNorth4.15.15.mp3

And of course there is this laughable piece from redcuprebellion yesterday.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2015/4/15/8419881/malik-newman-college-basketball-recruiting-kentucky-lsu-ole-miss

I expect there to be some butthurt coming from some of these UM fan blogs after Newman announces.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 09:05 AM
Leo Lewis has a better chance of going to Ole Missus than Malik

Big4Dawg
04-16-2015, 09:19 AM
Agreed. I thought this was funny from Courtney Cronin during a Q&A with Kentucky's 247 site.

TCP: How much pressure do you think there is for him to stay in-state at Mississippi State or Ole Miss?

CC: He's obviously a very loyal kid. He's always put on for this part of the country. I don't think that's as much of a factor. With Ole Miss, it's tough to say. You're only hearing they're in the picture from that camp.

engie
04-16-2015, 10:46 AM
They were just trolling MSU fans -- they knew we were going to drastically overpay and get him the whole time**

Jack Lambert
04-16-2015, 10:50 AM
Reading that reminded me I needed to go do the number 2. I 'll be back.

Really Clark?
04-16-2015, 11:07 AM
They were just trolling MSU fans -- they knew we were going to drastically overpay and get him the whole time**

I remember reading one of their idiots posting that with Lewis and Jones. That we paid over the market to get them and the same poster said all things being equal including in terms of money he would get, we were getting Lewis anyway. So if we "overpaid" for Lewis that means they were upping the bids themselves and would have paid over market to get him at UM. It was a pretty blatant passive aggressive attempt to paint us as not being very smart and pretty idiotic diatribe he was spewing that made it pretty clear, to me anyway, that he has no real knowledge and suffers from doucheism.

maroonmania
04-16-2015, 11:25 AM
I remember reading one of their idiots posting that with Lewis and Jones. That we paid over the market to get them and the same poster said all things being equal including in terms of money he would get, we were getting Lewis anyway. So if we "overpaid" for Lewis that means they were upping the bids themselves and would have paid over market to get him at UM. It was a pretty blatant passive aggressive attempt to paint us as not being very smart and pretty idiotic diatribe he was spewing that made it pretty clear, to me anyway, that he has no real knowledge and suffers from doucheism.

Was probably RebelBruiser on SPS. He spouts crap like that all the time trying to make people believe he has intimate knowledge of what's being paid by OM and all other schools on every high profile prospect OM is after. My opinion is he only knows what the Rebel recruitnik boards feed him. That's why they only lost Lewis and Jones because we overpaid although it was pretty clear both wanted to be at MSU from early in their recruitment. Some guys just end up going where they want while taking their best advantage of the recruiting process while its happening.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 11:27 AM
Was probably RebelBruiser on SPS. He spouts crap like that all the time trying to make people believe he has intimate knowledge of what's being paid by OM and all other schools on every high profile prospect OM is after. My opinion is he only knows what the Rebel recruitnik boards feed him. That's why they only lost Lewis and Jones because we overpaid although it was pretty clear both wanted to be at MSU from early in their recruitment. Some guys just end up going where they want while taking their best advantage of the recruiting process while its happening.

Lewis definitely PJ Jones'ed them