PDA

View Full Version : Don't go overseas Malik, we want you at State !!!

fishwater99
04-16-2015, 08:45 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/4/15/8420465/college-basketball-recruiting-jaylen-brown-stephen-zimmerman-brandon-ingram

"Newman's father recently acknowledged that professional teams overseas have contacted him about following in the footsteps of his former AAU teammate Emmanuel Mudiay and turning pro instead of going to college. There's reportedly $1.5 million on the line."

missouridawg
04-16-2015, 08:48 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2015/4/15/8420465/college-basketball-recruiting-jaylen-brown-stephen-zimmerman-brandon-ingram

"Newman's father recently acknowledged that professional teams overseas have contacted him about following in the footsteps of his former AAU teammate Emmanuel Mudiay and turning pro instead of going to college. There's reportedly $1.5 million on the line."

If there ever needed to be an incentive to compensate college athletes... this should be it.

engie
04-16-2015, 08:49 AM
They are just matching our offer**

Maroonthirteen
04-16-2015, 08:54 AM
1.5 million!?!?!!!!

Daggum, is he the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan? Really, I know he is good. But is he that good?

That would be very difficult to turn down.

msstate7
04-16-2015, 08:55 AM
Wouldn't this be so us? We lost studs to the nba before the 1-and-done. Then when they change the rule, we lose one to China or whoever

I don't think it happens though

msstate7
04-16-2015, 08:56 AM
1.5 million!?!?!!!!

Daggum, is he the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan? Really, I know he is good. But is he that good?

That would be very difficult to turn down.

Not saying this will happen, but he could go play with grown men and really hurt his draft status. Could cost him money in the long term

Coach34
04-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Paging I Seen It Dawg

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2015, 09:11 AM
How many times does Malik have to say overseas isn't a serious option? Of course teams overseas have approached him. He's a top 5 player in this class who's a great scorer. Mudiay got the same amount of money to go play over there. Why don't more kids do it? Mainly because not a lot of 17,18, or 19yr old kids are mentally or emotionally strong enough to pick up go halfway across the world & live a totally different life for 8-10 months. It's hard enough for a lot of these kids to go off to college let alone another country with another language, food, & customs. Malik isn't going overseas.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 09:19 AM
Malik has been wrapped in maroon and white for a couple weeks now. Let's just say that Howland had a sneaking suspicion he would sign at State if he took the job and leave it at that

Really Clark?
04-16-2015, 09:23 AM
How many times does Malik have to say overseas isn't a serious option? Of course teams overseas have approached him. He's a top 5 player in this class who's a great scorer. Mudiay got the same amount of money to go play over there. Why don't more kids do it? Mainly because not a lot of 17,18, or 19yr old kids are mentally or emotionally strong enough to pick up go halfway across the world & live a totally different life for 8-10 months. It's hard enough for a lot of these kids to go off to college let alone another country with another language, food, & customs. Malik isn't going overseas.

Agree and Mudiay had eligibility issues that was also a major factor.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Agree and Mudiay had eligibility issues that was also a major factor.

Yep Mudiay didn't want to go overseas but his grades kept him from enrolling at SMU.

Dawg61
04-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Malik has been wrapped in maroon and white for a couple weeks now. Let's just say that Howland had a sneaking suspicion he would sign at State if he took the job and leave it at that

Howland is WWW for Adidas

ScottH
04-16-2015, 10:22 AM
God bless Adidas.

Coach34
04-16-2015, 10:30 AM
God bless Adidas.

Yes

fishwater99
04-16-2015, 10:55 AM

Thanks Dan...

I seen it dawg
04-16-2015, 04:41 PM
UhhhhGermans

I seen it dawg
04-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Newman to State.

TimberBeast
04-16-2015, 09:51 PM

Great that's pretty much the kiss of death. If you would repeatedly say he is not coming to State I would feel much better about our chances.