PDA

View Full Version : hey 34, what happened to the Zep thread?

Bully13
06-30-2013, 08:22 PM
it was very cool. I had never seen that clip before. there were a few younger lads who don't understand Zep and there were a few complaints. at 50, my musical interests are pretty predictable. grew up with zep, stones, beatles, clapton and yes, don't hate me but I love elton john's shit too. as I grew older gravitated also towards cash, nelson, buffett and even some classical shit and jazz.

but in consolidation to the younger tribe here, I will admit, even though I don't care about the younger shit of today, I will never forget how I was so moved by Live's hit "thunder" or something like that. kinda revolving around the circle of life. this video with the lyrics I think kicks ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70_9Zg65g7E

Coach34
06-30-2013, 08:58 PM
it should still be around- do a search on here for youtube would be my guess to find the thread- or just go to youtube and search Kennedy Center-Zeppelin for the video

I saw Live in person in New Orleans along with Collective Soul...good concert and that song in person is cool as hell

I'm an odd sort because I love rap also and I go in spurts between rock and rap.

If I'm in a rock mood- obviously Zepp is the best, but I also like the Stones, AC/DC, Ozzy, Metallica, Crue, Billy Squier, Doors, Eagles, BTE, STP....Also a Lords of Acid fan but wouldnt classify them as rock

Rap- 2 Live Crew, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Kid Rock, and alot of the late 80's-early to mid 90's songs in rap

Ennis and some others could give some hints on some more up to date groups worth listening to

I seen it dawg
06-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Song is "Lightning Crashes"