PDA

View Full Version : Why does SPS hate this board so?

dickiedawg
06-30-2013, 07:34 PM
I haven't spent a ton of time on either Forum lately- really since even before this venture started- but some over there don't miss a chance to take a shot at ED. I understand why DS would resent it if it costs him clicks (it probably doesn't) but it seems to come from the rank-and-file types. And Another mod who really just seems to have a burr up his butt in general.

I find it refreshing to read and share opinions without bears butting in at every turn. Other than that, I read both and know a lot of others do too. Just don't get the animosity.

Also, having no UM posters is nice. It bears repeating.

Coach34
06-30-2013, 07:45 PM
2 reasons:

1. Me

2. They enjoyed being the main free board with no competition. They dont like having competition.

Never understood hate for others boards except Jeanspage. That was easy to understand

But SPS hates us
247 posters hate Sixpack
Jeanspage hates every other board

Elitedawgs? We just enjoy standing on our own.

DownwardDawg
06-30-2013, 07:57 PM
I think it does cost them clicks. I spent a lot more time on that board before EliteDawgs started up. I still read sixpack but not nearly as much as I used to. I come here and 24/7 mostly. I hated putting up with the rebel posters, all the constant bitching back and forth, and the smug attitude of one of the moderators. Bet you can guess which one.

I seen it dawg
06-30-2013, 07:58 PM
**** em. That board is what it is. They care more about fellating Bears and bitching about State. There is hardly ever anything positive that sustains itself over there. A positive thread may start but it doesn't take long to degenerate into stupid bitching about something the thread never intended. It is unreadable and depressing. I'm glad that board hates us, it makes me feel better about what we are trying to do. Be positive State supporters.

Eta: their mods suck ass with their arrogance and pettiness.

Goat Holder
06-30-2013, 08:26 PM
I have a feeling that more posters over here actually have something vested in MSU athletics.

Political Hack
06-30-2013, 08:42 PM
I have a feeling that more posters over here actually have something vested in MSU athletics.

maybe, but some of us are just general public.

Coach34
06-30-2013, 08:44 PM
damn Rogue

maroonmania
06-30-2013, 09:16 PM
I think it does cost them clicks. I spent a lot more time on that board before EliteDawgs started up. I still read sixpack but not nearly as much as I used to. I come here and 24/7 mostly. I hated putting up with the rebel posters, all the constant bitching back and forth, and the smug attitude of one of the moderators. Bet you can guess which one.

3 reasons why I'm frequenting SPS less and less these day apart from ED now being available:

1. Half the posters over there are primarily looking for any opportunity to be a smartass rather than contribute meaningful input.

2. There just really isn't that much interesting sports discussion over there anymore, very lucky if you get 1 in 5 threads that actually talk about MSU sports.

3. Agree the influx of bear posters (and even moderators) over the years has gotten to the point where its disgusting to put up with.

Just thankful there is finally a decent alternative free board.

Coach34
06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
I looked over there earlier- and the first damn thread I saw was -"OT- Chik-Fil-A milk shakes"

aye yi yiiiiiiii

FlabLoser
06-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Jean's page = church ladies

247 = Jean's page lite

SPS = NAFOOM lite

joben3
06-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Jean's page = church ladies

247 = Jean's page lite

SPS = NAFOOM lite

screw sps... ill take elite dawgs all day every day...

CadaverDawg
06-30-2013, 09:55 PM
I still read and post over there, but I do hate the people that act like If you post on EliteDawgs "you suck!". And like someone earlier said, it's usually people that aren't mods that say shit about ED. What's funny is that the same crowd that says "this board is so great now that the ED posters are gone", are the same ones acting like they hate the ED posters for leaving....which can only mean a couple of things. 1. They are trying to be cool, or 2. They are pissed that a lot of the actual sports discussion has left the board and that they are left with more smartass and less sports.

Again, I still post over there mainly for OT things and bc they have a lot of new posts and threads throughout the day. However, I am posting less and less bc it's hard to talk sports when you know you'll get either a smartass answer, or an answer from a guy that knows absolutely nothing about the sport you are discussing. Like the guy that told me Henderson sucked and Armstrong should get all of his reps because Armstrong hit over .400 last year in JUCO.

I like a lot of the posters over there, but could do without the Rebs and the guys that only post smartass shit and no sports.

Saltydog
06-30-2013, 10:28 PM
And Another mod who really just seems to have a burr up his butt in general.

I see what you did there.

Anyway bro, let it go. Much better board here. Not as many smart asses.

Saltydog
06-30-2013, 10:32 PM
venue.....

sorantable
06-30-2013, 10:57 PM
not so fast, my friend :cool:

I'm good people though. Me and Coach go way back. Glad to be a charter member on here.

Todd4State
07-01-2013, 12:11 AM
I think both boards can co-exist peacefully. I disagree with how they seem to be too lenient with Ole Miss posters there, but it is their board.

If they want to talk smack, that's fine. I don't think DS has a personal problem with us or anything. I think most of the bashing goes back to being "cool" which only started over on sixpack just because Gene was a douche towards them when they started their own board and has nothing to do with us.

DownwardDawg
07-01-2013, 06:15 AM
maybe, but some of us are just general public.

This made me laugh. Well done.

Hump4Hoops
07-01-2013, 06:54 AM
Its not really hate, they just think this board is unnecessary, and find its posters that make posts as if this place is wildly new and different to be borderline retarded. Its not a competition thing, as this place has a few hundred members compared to SPS's 10s of thousands.

Im here because I like topic view.

BeastMan
07-01-2013, 07:44 AM
It seems that every board has its loyals that hate every other board. I like here, sps, and SECrant for different reasons. Even though many of the posters on those boards don't like the others, I see no reason I can't enjoy them all.

The Croom Diaries
07-01-2013, 08:44 AM
I have never been big on message boards but I really like this one. I always checked SPS periodically - like once or twice a month - but I generally try to drop by here at least once a day for two reasons: the discussion is all MSU people, and it's on topic. When I saw this thread I clicked over to SPS to see what they were talking about....I counted 24 threads on the front page and ONLY 3 of them were even related to MSU sports and one was a ticket question. I really hope this board continues to discuss MSU sports in depth and not veer off into other crap and then become a pissing contest to see who can come up with the best smart ass remark. The quality of the members here is far better than the quantity over there.

ETA: while I was over there I did see Todd wipe their ass with the recruiting debate. Well done.

Coach34
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Its not really hate, they just think this board is unnecessary, and find its posters that make posts as if this place is wildly new and different to be borderline retarded. Its not a competition thing, as this place has a few hundred members compared to SPS's 10s of thousands.

The fact that we have over 500 members already and will have a thousand by the Fall is proof this it is necessary

And it is a competition thing- for reasons I wont go into, DS needs the page clicks. My leaving and this board has caused them to drop. Thats why they made such an effort to start threads the last 2 months like never before.

Sixpack has 7,500 members- not tens of thousands- plus you have to figure Goat is at least 500 of them. Plus other people have multiple names.

hometowndawg
07-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I haven't spent a ton of time on either Forum lately- really since even before this venture started- but some over there don't miss a chance to take a shot at ED. I understand why DS would resent it if it costs him clicks (it probably doesn't) but it seems to come from the rank-and-file types. And Another mod who really just seems to have a burr up his butt in general.

I find it refreshing to read and share opinions without bears butting in at every turn. Other than that, I read both and know a lot of others do too. Just don't get the animosity.

Just made my first post on SPS today. Thought I'd let yall know

Will James
07-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Just made my first post on SPS today. Thought I'd let yall know

High crimes and misdemeanors

FISHDAWG
07-01-2013, 10:39 AM
so was it a restaurant or a movie post ? **

Coach34
07-01-2013, 10:41 AM
hometowndawg likes Chik-Fil-A milkshakes

hometowndawg
07-01-2013, 10:47 AM
hometowndawg likes Chik-Fil-A milkshakes

Was trying to inform someone that Strawberry is not the best flavor of milkshake from Chicken fil a, It is obviously Cookies and Cream

Bullmutt
07-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I concur with what several others have said. I come here for knowledgeable MSU sports info and analysis, without having to wade throught a lot of unrelated crap. IMHO, SPS has entirely too much of the latter. Just don't have the time for it.

sandwolf
07-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Sixpack has 7,500 members- not tens of thousands- plus you have to figure Goat is at least 500 of them.

Haha, I laughed.

Hump4Hoops
07-01-2013, 01:06 PM
DS needs the page clicks. My leaving and this board has caused them to drop.

Citation needed

Coach34
07-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Citation needed

My threads usually averaged 1,500-2,000 page views- with many getting 4K or more. They aren't getting that anymore. That's not even counting members of this site that read there less now

hometowndawg
07-01-2013, 02:55 PM
My threads usually averaged 1,500-2,000 page views- with many getting 4K or more. They aren't getting that anymore. That's not even counting members of this site that read there less now

ALL HAIL THE KING OF THE MESSAGE BOARDS!

ha

biscuit
07-01-2013, 07:24 PM
I love this board....the BS is at a minimum. and there are no "who can be the biggest smartass" contest

Ronny
07-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Sixpack has 7,500 members- not tens of thousands- plus you have to figure Goat is at least 500 of them. Plus other people have multiple names.

...6,499 members.

Not only is the asshole element @ 6pack totally out of control (actually, it always has been) but them allowing some Ole Miss jackoff to be a board moderator is some ****ed-up Stockholm Syndrome shit.

MSU fan constantly bitches about how Ole Miss feels superior to us, then we have a MSU board that moves to prove it by robbing some loyal MSU fan of the opportunity to be a MSU board moderator by inserting some shit whose only goal in life is to see MSU fail.

Political Hack
07-01-2013, 10:00 PM
to be fair, I don't think DS claims that the pak is a MSU board. It's become more than that now. That's why I don't really see this board and the pak as competitors. It's not like there's a firewall that only allows you to visit one or the other. I don't read over there much any more because it's hard to sift through all the post and smartassery for sports news, but the board does have its identity and has done very well for years despite what ol' frojorts thought when they split off from his site.

ScoobaDawg
07-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Sixpack had it's purpose as being the only board when it started for free thinking away from Genes. That's long gone.
I have rarely posted there since BDJ and other options came around. I Don't read tha site enough now to even know the inside jokes and who most the posters are.
DS is a good guy actually but as Coach pointed out they have allowed a lot more Nafoom like posts just to have new posts. Your Favorite Chicfila Milkshake seriously? Several years back we would be discussing who was reporting in school and debating the defensive/offensive line.

Good luck to them, they do still have a purpose as a MSU Board and are very popular and still face of free boards for MSU (though we are working strong on growing this one...)

Vandownbytheriver
07-01-2013, 10:13 PM
This is about the only board I post on now. So far it hasn't delved into all the political bullshit the others have gone to where a few posters are allowed to say whatever the hell they want and the other asshats bash anyone who doesn't agree with the insider. You also don't have people trying to sound like experts when all they do is scour other message boards. Y'all keep your scouring to Twitter.

Quaoarsking
07-02-2013, 07:26 AM
What the SPS loyalists will never admit is that Elite Dawgs simply has better discussion than SPS. If it were the other way around, I'd spend more time there.

Almost no one started posting here because of some love for Coach34. They signed up, saw the superior discussion, and stuck around. The SPS loyalists can bury their hands in the sand and deny it all they want, but all it does is direct more and more people here.

J-Dawg
07-02-2013, 07:40 AM
I post here, there, and on 247, as well as another SEC board (not TD) regularly and I don't harbor any ill-will against any of them. I've never understood the constant drama between boards, anyway. It's foolish for grown men to do.

With that said, each has it's place.

Elitedawgs -- Excellent, mature discussion and a great off-topic board.
SPS -- High volume of info and enough light-heartedness to keep things from being too serious.
247 -- The discussions can be a little GenesPagish, but Paul's info is worth the price.

They all have their pro's and con's.

Hump4Hoops
07-02-2013, 07:52 AM
It's not like we're talking about buying brands of toilet paper. As others have pointed out, you can read more than one board. I read both - and I'm sure most (not all) people on here still read sixpack.

And C34, just because your posts had read counts high enough for you to jack off to, doesn't mean it was really increasing page hits. It was just one more thread for people to click on while they were already on the site - nobody was brought to SPS via an outside search/link just to read your posts - and no significant number of people suddenly decided to quit reading SPS just because you stopped posting - are you really that narcissistic?

All that being said, there's about 5 ole miss ****s on that board that I wish would just get banned.

FISHDAWG
07-02-2013, 08:12 AM
I completely disagree ... the days when Coach wasn't posting were mostly boring ... he was the driver behind a lot of the sports issues and controversies that were WORTH discussing... like him or hate him - it didn't matter, he stimulated conversation which is why a lot of folks go to message boards

The Croom Diaries
07-02-2013, 08:12 AM
It's not like we're talking about buying brands of toilet paper. As others have pointed out, you can read more than one board. I read both - and I'm sure most (not all) people on here still read sixpack.

And C34, just because your posts had read counts high enough for you to jack off to, doesn't mean it was really increasing page hits. It was just one more thread for people to click on while they were already on the site - nobody was brought to SPS via an outside search/link just to read your posts - and no significant number of people suddenly decided to quit reading SPS just because you stopped posting - are you really that narcissistic?

All that being said, there's about 5 ole miss ****s on that board that I wish would just get banned.

Of course he's that narcissistic. He had enough confidence to break a six pack rule which results in automatically being banned to start this board without any evidence to prove it would be successful. That is a pretty big leap of faith considering how much he loves message boards. Coach is an ass but I agree with 95% of what he says and I can respect the fact that this board wouldn't be as big as it is if anyone other than him started it. (Of course it also would have flopped if slickdawg didn't build it - which I'm assuming he did).

Hump4Hoops
07-02-2013, 08:17 AM
I completely disagree ... the days when Coach wasn't posting were mostly boring ... he was the driver behind a lot of the sports issues and controversies that were WORTH discussing... like him or hate him - it didn't matter, he stimulated conversation which is why a lot of folks go to message boards

That's where I feel it mostly balanced out. For each extra person he drew into the board, he repelled one. I think he started/contributed to plenty of great threads, but I would have to have one hell of a man-crush on him for his posting to effect my viewing habits.

FISHDAWG
07-02-2013, 08:24 AM
just don't see any rational person boycott a message board over 1 poster .... the hits remain the same reguardless

Will James
07-02-2013, 08:28 AM
That's where I feel it mostly balanced out. For each extra person he drew into the board, he repelled one.

Uh, I disagree. "Id really like to visit that site but that dang poster is there and his being there really irritates me so much that I won't even get on" is bullshit. Yeah people don't come specifically because of a thread, but the site clicks come from long threads with substance. A lot of my threads went 100+ replies and thousands of views. That's where the clicks come and that's why DS is starting new threads by the hour.

The Croom Diaries
07-02-2013, 08:31 AM
People love to hate maybe more than they love to love. Why do you sit and watch an entire OM football game just rooting for them to lose. If you hate a poster and wouldn't want to see anything they have to say so you boycott the site, that is like just not watching OM because you hate them. People still want to see what he says and see people fawning all over it and others calling him peaches and saying he's a lunatic.

FlabLoser
07-02-2013, 08:43 AM
It's not like we're talking about buying brands of toilet paper.

It kind of is. There are people on SPS that chap my ass.

Coach34
07-02-2013, 09:43 AM
People love to hate maybe more than they love to love. Why do you sit and watch an entire OM football game just rooting for them to lose. If you hate a poster and wouldn't want to see anything they have to say so you boycott the site, that is like just not watching OM because you hate them. People still want to see what he says and see people fawning all over it and others calling him peaches and saying he's a lunatic.

Exactly. There was a day about 7-8 years ago I'll never forget where there something I was wrong about. I had been on a pretty good roll before that and people were just really pissed. I got on that morning- but just looked around awhile and didnt post- and I swear, somebody started a thread saying that I was on the board and needed to post. I remember thinking- "my god, these people literally ran to their computer this morning to wait for me to post".

Humps, look, I'm not trying to come off as trying to say I'm some internet superstar. But to say I didnt increase views and viewers on Sixpack is assinine. The Standsbury arguments helped build the site and viewers. People loved the show

I also present this site as proof. If Dawgs61 or Drebin said they were starting a site- you wouldnt have given 1 shit. But people heard I was starting one (and it's not just me to be clear) and wanted to see what it was about. It's pretty simple

I'm glad you post here, and I'm glad people like the site. I dont see it doing anything but growing. I dont think we will ever be Sixpack big- nor do we want that to be honest. We just simply want a good State forum.

sandwolf
07-02-2013, 10:21 AM

This is dead on accurate. People's hate for coach most likely drew more clicks than people's love for him.

Drewbowski
07-02-2013, 12:30 PM

me too

woohoo my favorite[post] number! Big ups Josh Morgan!

BogeyGolfer
07-02-2013, 05:33 PM
I post on both but a lot less when it's not football season. I never post or even read 247, but I do read genespage recruiting information. I will withhold further judgement until football season. I'm curious as to how discussions will be handled on this site when there is a lot of disagreement between posters.

t45fixer
07-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Cause the pork loin puss got his panties in a wad.

CadaverDawg
07-02-2013, 05:40 PM
I post on both but a lot less when it's not football season. I never post or even read 247, but I do read genespage recruiting information. I will withhold further judgement until football season. I'm curious as to how discussions will be handled on this site when there is a lot of disagreement between posters.

Well, for starters we will be saying "**** YOU!", instead of "17 You!". *

Coach34
07-02-2013, 06:02 PM

There will be disagreements and differences of opinion- just make sure and refrain from calling people a ********** and we should be ok. I have to watch that kind of thing myself.

MidTNDawg
07-02-2013, 06:29 PM

I can say with certainty you are wrong! Doug

angusyoung
07-02-2013, 09:16 PM
There will be disagreements and differences of opinion- just make sure and refrain from calling people a ********** and we should be ok. I have to watch that kind of thing myself.

but you are a total **********.

Coach34
07-02-2013, 09:58 PM
jackass getting all uppity cause you married royalty

Political Hack
07-02-2013, 10:26 PM
don't out angus... he wants to stay in the closet.