PDA

View Full Version : Alex Reese- C/0 2017

messageboardsuperhero
04-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Apparently we've offered 6'8" PF Alex Reese of Pelham, AL. He's in the same class is Coach Brooks's son Garrison. Alabama has some really good local talent in the next few classes that we have ins with, and we're going after them hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJR0plqGHbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtQm7Fps1Pg

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2015, 09:37 AM
He & Brooks son play on the same AAU team & are friends. Also he goes to the same school as Braxton Hoyett & he's been talking MSU up to him as well.

messageboardsuperhero
04-15-2015, 09:58 AM
He & Brooks son play on the same AAU team & are friends. Also he goes to the same school as Braxton Hoyett & he's been talking MSU up to him as well.

I'm not sure if they know each other, but we also have a couple of baseball commits from there right now.

HailState13
04-15-2015, 10:51 AM
He and Stovall and Whitman(the baseball guys) are all good friends. In the bottom video you can see Stovall on the bottom row with a green tank top on pulling for them! Reese is a good kid and very talented he is smooth for a big guy and has a effortless shot!

notoriousdog
04-15-2015, 11:08 AM
I love how one video lists him as 6'8 and the other as 6'10.

MetEdDawg
04-15-2015, 01:24 PM
That's my old high school. Not sure I ever remember us having a basketball player good enough to play D1 over the past 13 years from when I first got there. Nice to see us producing someone good enough to potentially make that jump to a good D1 program.

Pelham High School just split with the town I lived in growing up (Helena) and have lost around half their enrollment to that split. Should start to see a decent number of guys from Helena start showing up on baseball and football boards because a lot of the talent ended up in Helena. Pelham has produced a decent amount of baseball talent like Fitts, and as was mentioned earlier Stovall (who this past Friday hit a couple of freaking moon shots against the school I currently coach baseball at), and Whitman.

We've put out a couple of decent football guys recently, but there was about a 10 year gap between Tyler Watts and Lane Bearden going to Bama from Pelham and us putting another guy in the SEC. Pelham's a big enough school that we should have been pumping out legit talent in the big 3 sports. But we've always underachieved there. Finally starting to see some signs of us generating decent talent across the board.

smootness
04-15-2015, 01:49 PM
He recently got 2 CB's to Vanderbilt on 247. Doesn't necessarily mean much, just noting it.