PDA

View Full Version : Justified Finale.....

War Machine Dawg
04-14-2015, 11:40 PM
Anyone else watch? **Spoilers Below**

Won't lie, I was a bit disappointed. After all the buildup, I was expecting at least one of the major players to die. Hell, they've spent 5 seasons playing "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" in the season finale. They even did it again this season, circling back to the Brad Paisley original.

Letting everyone live felt like the easy way out. I always felt it would/should end with a draw down between Raylan and Boyd, killing each other. Instead, almost everyone got a happy ending. Rylan living in Miami helping raise his daughter, Ava living in Cali raising her son, Boyd in jail building a new following, Art retiring peacefully.

For me the best part was Raylan killing Boone. But taking his stupid hat and keeping it was ridiculous. It looked awful on him and it's not like he couldn't have bought a new one. It shouldn't have been some big trophy, because Boone was never a major player for Raylan. Just another gun hand trying to kill him. I'd feel differently if it had been a hat that Boyd wore.

JohnnyQuid
04-15-2015, 01:07 AM
I watched , it was ok. It was a little bit too much of a happy ending for all like you said but all in all i was ok with it.

You're right about raylan wearing boone's hat tho, looked horrible.

I did like the closing scene with raylan and boyd

DanDority
04-15-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm with WMD, to me it was a let down.

I guess that's what happens when the original writer dies and you have someone else finishing his work.

War Machine Dawg
04-15-2015, 02:44 PM
I'm with WMD, to me it was a let down.

I guess that's what happens when the original writer dies and you have someone else finishing his work.

The thing is, everything else throughout the season was spot on. Nothing was a noticeable change prior to the finale. I just wonder if they didn't leave it open ended to milk the cow later with a movie.