PDA

View Full Version : Dear Delta Airlines

BrunswickDawg
04-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Dear Delta,
I can accept a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. I can begrudgingly put up with an hour delay due to storms. I you pushed your luck changing the gate location 3 times to 3 different concourses. But, damn it, randomly placing me right next to a RebBear carrying a Ferrari backpack headed to Sea Island is just too much. 17 you Delta!

Bothrops
04-14-2015, 07:33 PM
"RebBear carrying a Ferrari backpack" Haha damn

Jack Lambert
04-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Dear Delta,
I can accept a 3 hour layover in Atlanta. I can begrudgingly put up with an hour delay due to storms. I you pushed your luck changing the gate location 3 times to 3 different concourses. But, damn it, randomly placing me right next to a RebBear carrying a Ferrari backpack headed to Sea Island is just too much. 17 you Delta!

I don't think Delta has control over the gates. It is controled by the Flight control and it has to do with other airports arrivals and departure not just Atlanta. I did sit next to JC watts my last flight. Pretty cool guy.

LC Dawg
04-14-2015, 09:02 PM
I always find the Sweetwater Brewhouse during my layover in Atlanta. I'd love to sit by a Bearshark on the next flight. I'm usually in pretty good form when I board.

Bothrops
04-14-2015, 09:37 PM
I remember flying through Atl during the early days of Airtran, when you didn't know if your flight was going to arrive or leave on time, or leave at all. Passengers just got wasted in the concourse C bars. Was stuck there once when the FAA shut the entire Airtran flight bank down because they discovered the crews had been flying too many hours consecutively. It was hell.

nsvltndog
04-15-2015, 12:45 AM
delete

Bothrops
04-15-2015, 01:01 AM
I like Delta, but Southwest is the most reliable airline I ever flew when it came to cancellations and flights being very late. I don't ever remember a single flight getting cancelled, maybe late but never canceled.

whosyourdawgy
04-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Am I supposed to know who JC Watts is?

dawgoneyall
04-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Yes

FISHDAWG
04-15-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't think Delta has control over the gates. It is controled by the Flight control and it has to do with other airports arrivals and departure not just Atlanta. I did sit next to JC watts my last flight. Pretty cool guy.

Delta owns (leases ) those gates and they are scheduled for the more popular flights being closer to the terminal. If you come in from Washington DC, Chicago, New York, ect you will dock at Concourse T (close) or A, no further than B .... if you come in from Demoine, Iowa you will end up at concourse D (further away )

codeDawg
04-15-2015, 09:26 AM
I would say, dear Delta, quit raping me on direct flights. I understand the economics of the whole thing, but $1000 for a direct flight from MEM to MSP two weeks out is a little over the top. Also, it's $1,300 a week in.