PDA

View Full Version : Ifyouonlyknew getting serious pub

YazooDawg23
04-14-2015, 03:53 PM
There is a thread on the spirit giving mad love to Ifyouonlyknew. Even Yancy admits to reading ED. Those poor guys thought they were getting Malik.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Mama we made it!!!!

blacklistedbully
04-14-2015, 04:01 PM
But don't they know he's a Christian Scientist?***

Coach34
04-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Damn- they gonna really hate Mullen now

Ifyouonlyknew
What thread is it? I know an OM guy who has a subscription & I want to see what it says.

thf24
Those poor guys thought they were getting Malik.

Elaborate please, if you don't mind; would like to know the details behind the tears.

YazooDawg23
04-14-2015, 04:23 PM
It is the thread about Courtney Cronin and Malik on the recruiting board. It's gold.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 04:25 PM
It is the thread about Courtney Cronin and Malik on the recruiting board. It's gold.

Please share some of the best part. BearShark tears taste like King Crab and Prime Rib

YazooDawg23
04-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Screw it. Here it is:

Malik Newman/ Courtney Cronin Question???
11:22 AM
Has Courtney Cronin from the CL made a prediction about where Malik will end up? She seems to be closer to his recruitment than anyone...and certainly has been granted more access to him, but I have not seen anything from her that might indicate where he is headed.

She may not know...or if she does, that may be part of the deal that she doesn't let any information out. But then again, maybe she has given clues and I missed it.

I know a lot of folks on this board swear off the CL, but if anyone has been paying attention, have you noticed something I missed?

Newman would be a huge coup, but Im not getting my hopes up.
Last edited 04/14/2015 9:26 AMby OSREB12

YoungReb744 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Insider
518 posts this site
X
Re: Malik Newman/ Courtney Cronin Question???
12:56 PM
I'm not even sure Malik knows where he's going. Courtney Cronin has been adamant that she doesn't know.

UK losing everyone makes them the logical choice, but I heard from someone on the MooU side of things that said Malik told Cal he isn't leaving the state.

Who knows what's right. Malik could literally make a choice at any time for any reason. He isn't taking visits and only has a few weeks to pick.

yancyporter129 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
38960 posts this site
X
1:03 PM
I heard the opposite about Kentucky. I have heard that losing everyone has hurt them, at least that is what my Ole Miss sources tell me.

I still think it comes down to OM and MSU with the Dogs having the upper hand.
YoungReb7 wrote:
I'm not even sure Malik knows where he's going. Courtney Cronin has been adamant that she doesn't know.

UK losing everyone makes them the logical choice, but I heard from someone on the MooU side of things that said Malik told Cal he isn't leaving the state.

Who knows what's right. Malik could literally make a choice at any time for any reason. He isn't taking visits and only has a few weeks to pick.

Mississippi Scout

Truereb1363 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
4151 posts this site
X
1:10 PM
Not that ED has much credibility, but one of their users seems to be well connected to all the sports programs. "ifyouonlyknew" called the Leo Lewis flip a few days before and he seems to give out first hand info on their sports. He posted yesterday that he felt certain Newman would be a dog in the end.
Glenn Henderson Jr.
Meridian, MS

eosreb90 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Insider
612 posts this site
X
1:25 PM

yancyporter wrote: I heard the opposite about Kentucky. I have heard that losing everyone has hurt them, at least that is what my Ole Miss sources tell me.

YoungReb7 wrote:

Based on style of play, supporting cast and postseason prospects, it's a no brainer between us and State, but the heat Horatio(who is a good guy) would take locally might be the deciding factor if he stays in state.

Our style of play is ideal for Malik's game, and having Moody to help push the ball in transition is another plus.

rebeljim161 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
11143 posts this site
X
1:28 PM
U can get some good info from ed's board, u just have to wade through the bs. Looks like a battle between state-ky, with state looking to be in the lead for Malik. Also think they get Ray Kasongo. I know we're after both, but seriously doubt we get either.
---------------------------------------------
--- Truereb13 wrote:

Not that ED has much credibility, but one of their users seems to be well connected to all the sports programs. "ifyouonlyknew" called the Leo Lewis flip a few days before and he seems to give out first hand info on their sports. He posted yesterday that he felt certain Newman would be a dog in the end.

---------------------------------------------
Last edited 04/14/2015 11:31 AMby rebeljim

REBMIK160 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
17539 posts this site
X
1:52 PM
all bullfrauds commits under ray have decommitted

Ole Miss Insider
518 posts this site
X
1:58 PM
REBMIK wrote:
all bullfrauds commits under ray have decommitted

They're keeping Weatherspoon the 4*.

Ole Miss Insider
518 posts this site
X
2:01 PM
eosreb wrote:
yancyporter wrote: I heard the opposite about Kentucky. I have heard that losing everyone has hurt them, at least that is what my Ole Miss sources tell me.

YoungReb7 wrote:

Based on style of play, supporting cast and postseason prospects, it's a no brainer between us and State, but the heat Horatio(who is a good guy) would take locally might be the deciding factor if he stays in state.

Our style of play is ideal for Malik's game, and having Moody to help push the ball in transition is another plus.
Sounds like we're all in agreement here. I don't think he's ever wanted to leave home until he goes pro but MooU was never a real option. Kennedy and the Callaway football guys helped get our foot in the door with him and put us in the game while State was down with Ray. He likes AK's style and situation he'd be walking into(headlining new arena, etc.). I would feel better about our chances if it was us and UK rather than us and MooU. Just a gut feeling now.

GroveReb84100 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
20737 posts this site
X
3:07 PM

Truereb13 wrote: Not that ED has much credibility, but one of their users seems to be well connected to all the sports programs. "ifyouonlyknew" called the Leo Lewis flip a few days before and he seems to give out first hand info on their sports. He posted yesterday that he felt certain Newman would be a dog in the end.
People need to pay attention to this stuff. Either their boosters actively post on message boards, or they have very loose lips, but either way, when their message boards get the level of quiet confidence about them, 9 times out of 10, it's because they know they've made the necessary accommodations to land the signature.

I will be shocked if Malik isn't at State next year.

Ole Miss Legend
38960 posts this site
X
3:16 PM
We will have to agree to disagree. I rarely see them predict a want of theirs is not coming and if OM is recruiting them 100 out of 100 they are going to State.

To me they have less recruiting credibility or objective analysis of their teams (outside of baseball) than any message board I have combed through.

GroveReb84 wrote:
Truereb13 wrote: Not that ED has much credibility, but one of their users seems to be well connected to all the sports programs. "ifyouonlyknew" called the Leo Lewis flip a few days before and he seems to give out first hand info on their sports. He posted yesterday that he felt certain Newman would be a dog in the end.
People need to pay attention to this stuff. Either their boosters actively post on message boards, or they have very loose lips, but either way, when their message boards get the level of quiet confidence about them, 9 times out of 10, it's because they know they've made the necessary accommodations to land the signature.

I will be shocked if Malik isn't at State next year.
Mississippi Scout

Truereb1363 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
4151 posts this site
X
3:37 PM
I am not disagreeing with 99% of that board, but this guy seems to have "INSIDE" knowledge. They even pick at him about being Dan Mullen himself because he knows the insides and outs. I am sure he is not Dan because he does not ever seem to spew the venom at Ole Miss like the others do. He simply chimes in to threads that he knows about.
Glenn Henderson Jr.
Meridian, MS

GroveReb84100 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
20737 posts this site
X
3:58 PM
Let's just say that they have the same quiet confidence about Malik that they had about Robert Elliott and Leo Lewis.

I get that the average fan of theirs always thinks they're getting Player X, but when others are fretting, and there are quite a few of them out there calmly saying they're hearing it's a done deal, it's usually because it is.

This isn't the same type of confidence they had about a Carlos Thompson. This is different, and it mirrors the way they were about Leo and Robert.

And yes, Yancy, those two were flipped WELL before signing day.

rebeljim161 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
11143 posts this site
X
4:06 PM
They have a couple on there that seem to know some things. Just because it's a looney board doesn't mean a couple of informed posters don't post there. There's been times they had info about us before this board did. We'll see what's what.
GroveReb84 wrote: Let's just say that they have the same quiet confidence about Malik that they had about Robert Elliott and Leo Lewis.

I get that the average fan of theirs always thinks they're getting Player X, but when others are fretting, and there are quite a few of them out there calmly saying they're hearing it's a done deal, it's usually because it is.

This isn't the same type of confidence they had about a Carlos Thompson. This is different, and it mirrors the way they were about Leo and Robert.

And yes, Yancy, those two were flipped WELL before signing day.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-14-2015, 04:35 PM
MSU/OM battle??? Good luck with that 1.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Wow- the Spirit calling us "the looney board" is like one of the Kimchee's telling Prescott he has anger issues

and the maroon glasses thing was rich too. Which team was unranked to start the season but won 10 games in football???

Todd4State
04-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Ole Miss Legend

To me they have less recruiting credibility or objective analysis of their teams (outside of baseball) than any message board I have combed through.

Not sure I should take this as a compliment?

maroonmania
04-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Hey Yancy, good to know you're reading. And Carlos Thompson? Boy, there is a blast from the past and one player we lost where it was a blessing. And not sure where they get the idea that every Player X we want we think we are going to get, I can name a number of players, at least in football, within the state that we knew we weren't getting from the outset and others, like Kailo and Linton, that we pretty much knew were going to flip to OM even when we had them committed.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Yancy, bruh- you must have missed my yearly SEC West Predictions where I had Bama #1 and State #2. I did have Ole Missus 4th tho- not 3rd.

This Board will be a helluva lot closer in 2015 than The Spirit in football again. Mark this post. It's going to taste like battery acid in November

engie
04-14-2015, 04:51 PM

I take it to mean "I enjoy watching them melt down about baseball" -- which apparently makes for objectiveness from their perspective...

Dawg61
04-14-2015, 05:09 PM

You shouldn't

Todd4State
04-14-2015, 05:32 PM
I take it to mean "I enjoy watching them melt down about baseball" -- which apparently makes for objectiveness from their perspective...

So, when people act like complete fools- it makes Ole Miss happy.

That's a very good lesson that our fans should remember.

mic
04-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Also Im glad ED wasn't able to get to the bottom of the DJ Law saga...

I seen it dawg
04-14-2015, 09:37 PM
****ing bullshit....I called Lewis to State months before. I own that shit.

messageboardsuperhero
04-14-2015, 09:40 PM

You should trademark the phrase "Lewis to State." It never gets old.

FlabLoser
04-14-2015, 10:00 PM

You are right. And it was "Leo to State".

I still repost that at random on twitter.

PMDawg
04-14-2015, 10:28 PM
100 out of 100 times, if OM wants a player we want, OM gets them. Really Yancy? The dumbest part is that people actually PAY him for "information".

FlabLoser
04-14-2015, 11:12 PM
100 out of 100 times, if OM wants a player we want, OM gets them. Really Yancy? The dumbest part is that people actually PAY him for "information".

Somebody ask Yancy if all that OM hype over Chris Jones and Leo was just to get us to waste scholarships. That's hilarious.

jumbo
04-15-2015, 09:47 AM
I loved this comment from Courtney Cronin in the interview she did with a UK site about Newman

TCP: How much pressure do you think there is for him to stay in-state at Mississippi State or Ole Miss?

CC: He's obviously a very loyal kid. He's always put on for this part of the country. I don't think that's as much of a factor. With Ole Miss, it's tough to say. You're only hearing they're in the picture from that camp.

Coach34
04-15-2015, 09:52 AM
I loved this comment from Courtney Cronin in the interview she did with a UK site about Newman

TCP: How much pressure do you think there is for him to stay in-state at Mississippi State or Ole Miss?

CC: He's obviously a very loyal kid. He's always put on for this part of the country. I don't think that's as much of a factor. With Ole Miss, it's tough to say. You're only hearing they're in the picture from that camp.

the David Johnson Theory of Recruiting. Crystal Ball everybody to Ole Missus and tell people they want to come. Fans will indeed believe it

fishwater99
04-15-2015, 11:34 AM

+1

Political Hack
04-15-2015, 12:18 PM
this board also gently told everyone that Tee Shepard was going to flip to them and that we should just be polite and move on. I guess they forgot about that one too.

We also called Chris Jones, Leo Lewis, Smokey, Dear, Peters, and are now calling Malik... all of which the spirit was wrong on at one time or another.

Lloyd Christmas
04-15-2015, 01:33 PM
Please share some of the best part. BearShark tears taste like King Crab and Prime Rib

That was absolutely hilarious.

woozman
04-15-2015, 02:20 PM
this board also gently told everyone that Tee Shepard was going to flip to them and that we should just be polite and move on. I guess they forgot about that one too.

We also called Chris Jones, Leo Lewis, Smokey, Dear, Peters, and are now calling Malik... all of which the spirit was wrong on at one time or another.

Dear is overrated and didn't have an OM offer****

Political Hack
04-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Dear is overrated and didn't have an OM offer****

lol. they can be so sad sometimes.

Covercorner2
04-15-2015, 02:51 PM
lol. they can be so sad sometimes.

Said the same about Aeris Williams, too

mullenman
04-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Malik isn't coming to State. My money is he plays overseas

messageboardsuperhero
04-15-2015, 03:15 PM

Good to know Mr. Mullenman.**

BulldogBear
04-15-2015, 03:17 PM
^
^
^

mullenman
04-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Google his name and overseas. He's gotten interest and a shoe deal would make him a millionaire. By saying a kid who hasn't shown strong interest in playing for a particular university might instead be interested in becoming a millionaire, I'm accused of being a troll.

........do tell

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Google his name and overseas. He's gotten interest and a shoe deal would make him a millionaire. By saying a kid who hasn't shown strong interest in playing for a particular university might instead be interested in becoming a millionaire, I'm accused of being a troll.

........do tell

While in Oregon at the Nike Hoop Summit, discussion surfaced as to whether Newman may opt to play overseas for a year before entering the NBA Draft.

"Their pitch is you can play basketball with professionals and get paid instead of going to college for nothing or whatever the case may be," Webster told Scout.com. "You'd have that experience of playing against grown men and it's a good league. The money is on time. It is real, but I don't think that's an option for Malik."

Newman said on Beyond The Game that choosing to play professionally over going to college isn't in the cards.

"No, not really. We joked about it a few times but I don't think it's anything serious that we're thinking about," Newman said.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2015, 03:33 PM

........do tell

From today Jeff Borzello ESPN at the Jordan game practice

Malik Newman on overseas talk: "It's not a serious option. It's not a rumor, it's something that is true. But it's not a serious option."

BeardoMSU
04-15-2015, 03:35 PM

Hmm...

http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2013/08/tumblr_m876duuzjf1ry10fwo1_500.gif

mullenman
04-15-2015, 03:38 PM
“We have,” said Webster when asked if he and his son have heard from professional teams overseas. “One time he asked me about what it would be like overseas and then another time, he says ‘No dad I’m not going to do that.’ Of course I’m not going to make him do it.”

Emmanuel Mudiay reportedly signed for more than $1 million with Guangdong Southern Tigers, plus signed an endorsement deal with Under Armour. Webster told Scout that a similar figure has been tossed around to his son.

“We are talking around $1 million,” Webster said. “They’ll sell you on getting a shoe contract so you’d probably leave there with $1.5 or $2 million.”

Newman, a 6-3 shooting guard, is considering Kansas, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and NC State.

Newman is ranked No. 4 in the incoming college class of 2015 by ESPN.

EVAN DANIELS/SCOUT.COM

He's a kid. His dad is clearly not opposed. Yes I read where Malik says he's not going to do that. Lewis also said he was committed to UA and UM before arriving. Just making my prediction. I'll admit I'm wrong if he plays in college.

BeardoMSU
04-15-2015, 03:40 PM
I'll admit I'm wrong if he plays in college.

I'm betting you'll be banned long before then, lol. I kid, I kid. ;)

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2015, 03:41 PM
He's a kid. His dad is clearly not opposed. Yes I read where Malik says he's not going to do that. Lewis also said he was committed to UA and UM before arriving. Just making my prediction. I'll admit I'm wrong if he plays in college.[/QUOTE]

Malik isn't going overseas. He's not that type of kid. The only reason Mudiay played overseas instead of SMU was because of his grades. I have a strange feeling we won't have to wait much longer to see if you are wrong or not.

messageboardsuperhero
04-15-2015, 03:42 PM
Malik isn't going overseas. He's not that type of kid. The only reason Mudiay played overseas instead of SMU was because of his grades. I have a strange feeling we won't have to wait much longer to see if you are wrong or not.

Check your DMs...

Ifyouonlyknew
04-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Check your DMs...

Gotcha

mullenman
04-15-2015, 03:47 PM
I'll be the first to admit it if I'm wrong

Coach34
04-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Malik has been on board at State since Howland was hired. He is not going overseas

I seen it dawg
04-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Newman to State.

messageboardsuperhero
04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Newman to State.

It never gets old.

BeardoMSU
04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Newman to State.

http://img.pandawhale.com/88394-matthew-mcconaughey-Wooderson-tN7k.gif

Aces High
04-15-2015, 06:57 PM
Newman to State.

Mullen and Seen It have spoken. Lock

Dawgcentral
04-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Hey Yancy, since we know you're staying on top of things over here:

We still recall your fascination with football recruits dancing in tight jeans.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, (Jerry Seinfield and George Costanza)