PDA

View Full Version : David Wonderlich of SB Nation took a shot at us

blacklistedbully
04-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Wrote an article about which SEC coaches were most likely to leave within next 10 years.

On Dan Mullen:

"He's an ambitious man, and at some point in the next ten years, he's going to finally accept that he can't fulfill all of his ambitions at Mississippi State. The right major job will come along, and pretty much everyone will accept that it's time for him to take it."

On Hugh Freeze:

"Freeze hasn't generated any NFL interest that I've seen, and him (probably) turning down the Florida job shows he's a Mississippi boy through and through. Even if he doesn't win a division title, I can easily see him being around a decade from now because I think he'll recruit well enough to keep the Rebels in bowl games every year between now and then. Even with a rich contract, that plus his ability to connect with fans should be enough given the program's history."

If you check out his profile, you'll see he follows several SEC blogs, including TSUN, but not MSU, of course.
http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2015/4/9/8368811/which-sec-coaches-will-still-be-around-in-a-decade

Guess ole Dave missed the part where Dan proved you can get to #1 at MSU. We just need to finish better. But obviously, being Mississippi State did not prevent us from getting there and staying for a long time. Sure, we didn't close it out, but we did prove it's not nearly impossible.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Sounds like he need to shop at Megan's store when he is in Starkville

Mullen's In-laws now live in Sville and his wife has a business there. He ain't leaving anytime soon.

blacklistedbully
04-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Sounds like he need to shop at Megan's store when he is in Starkville

Mullen's In-laws now live in Sville and his wife has a business there. He ain't leaving anytime soon.

What store does Ms Megan own?

Coach34
04-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Deep South Pout

State82
04-14-2015, 04:36 PM
So Freeze turned down the UF job. Well that's rich.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 04:40 PM

"Sexton'ed"

Todd4State
04-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Predicting a coach will leave "sometime in the next ten years" is like predicting that we will wear maroon and white.

messageboardsuperhero
04-14-2015, 04:53 PM

I thought that was funny too. Everyone on this board called that for what it was as soon as the Florida "interest" started leaking out.

Irondawg
04-14-2015, 05:06 PM
that's also the first time I've ever seen Freeze and NFL mentioned in the same sentence

dedawg9
04-14-2015, 05:11 PM
Deep South Pout
Not sure where you got that info Coach, but Megan does not own Deep South Pout. But I do agree the Mullen's aren't going anywhere soon.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 05:17 PM
If that's wrong, I apologize. Had 2 different people tell me that. I have no idea what or where it is

dedawg9
04-14-2015, 05:49 PM
If that's wrong, I apologize. Had 2 different people tell me that. I have no idea what or where it is

No apology necessary...I just happen to be close friends with the owner so I thought I would mention it.

Dallas_Dawg
04-14-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't know who owns it but I'm oretty sure that's where all the chicks get those sexy ass sundresses

GreenheadDawg
04-14-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't know who owns it but I'm oretty sure that's where all the chicks get those sexy ass sundresses

That's the most important and the only fact needed. Who cares who owns it

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-14-2015, 06:51 PM
Don't forget the Mullen36 foundation...he's invested in the state overall. He's got a lake house in Georgia he can escape to when need be.

dickiedawg
04-14-2015, 06:57 PM
She does a lot of promotion for Deep South pout. Not an owner unless something has changed.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Wonder what that writer made on the test?

Homedawg
04-14-2015, 07:03 PM
Don't forget the Mullen36 foundation...he's invested in the state overall. He's got a lake house in Georgia he can escape to when need be.
Ga is one of the few jobs he'd leave us for.

Coach34
04-14-2015, 07:06 PM
Georgia is dan's ultimate job at this point. I can say that fairly confidently.

Him and Freezus both- wtf is up with Georgia???? Mullen because he is buddies with the AD. Freezus has some fixation on the Georgia job also that I dont understand. I'd rather have the LSU job. 1 big school and damn near every kid in the state wants to wear that uniform.

BulldogBear
04-14-2015, 07:32 PM
I thought that was funny too. Everyone on this board called that for what it was as soon as the Florida "interest" started leaking out.

If Freeze got an offer from Florida and turned it down, then it was right after they made the same offer to my cat and got the same response.

Tough Dawg
04-14-2015, 07:56 PM
Holy shat C34.....I'm starting to question your credibility and sources with the info you bringing. Megan owns DSP....wow. That's a chink in your street cred

Coach34
04-14-2015, 08:22 PM
Holy shat C34.....I'm starting to question your credibility and sources with the info you bringing. Megan owns DSP....wow. That's a chink in your street cred

seriously? A ******* dress shop?

GreenheadDawg
04-14-2015, 08:36 PM

What does an Asian have to do with his street cred?

Tough Dawg
04-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Megan owning a business of operation no matter the specifics is a strong statement. Esp one as well known as DSP. Dress shop or not.....don't listen to those "sources" ever again.

archdog
04-15-2015, 11:21 AM
It's easier to name the schools that could possibly keep their coach for 10 years.

Saban, Miles, Reicht and Spurrier will be retired by 2025. All will be very attractive coaching positions when they come open, but I believe they will bring in outside talent and not poach coaches from the SEC when the time comes.

Mullen, Freeze, Ark, Mizzo's, Florida, Kentucky, aTm and TN all still have some time left to coach. I could see most of these staying put.
Vandy will change coaches 4 times in the next 10 years.

Lloyd Christmas
04-15-2015, 01:25 PM

Take it easy champ.

DawgInMemphis
04-15-2015, 03:14 PM

Reynolds Plantation... golf mecca.