PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Baseball Game CANCELLED

TheRef
04-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Well....no preview before we play Florida. Can't see what the mental state of the team is.

starkvegasdawg
04-14-2015, 09:31 AM
More time to work on their bunting in the cages.

RocketCityDawg
04-14-2015, 09:33 AM
Maybe this will open up the door for Sexton to start this weekend.

maroonmania
04-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Does that now drop us now to a 54 game schedule? Seems we had a SWAC game earlier in the year that was cancelled as well with no makeup date.

maroonmania
04-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Maybe this will open up the door for Sexton to start this weekend.

Good point. I could absolutely see Cohen going Sexton, Laster, Brown this weekend to keep everyone in their normal pitching order (given the game tonight won't happen).

BulldogBear
04-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Does that now drop us now to a 54 game schedule? Seems we had a SWAC game earlier in the year that was cancelled as well with no makeup date.

In recent years I've noticed what looks like a general trend to not put too much effort into making up games. Oh, you might see UGa v. GT type game get a make-up, but not the auto W that don't help and may even hurt rpi. Nobody seems to make much effort to make those up.

ScottH
04-14-2015, 09:50 AM
NW LA rpi - 120

confucius say
04-14-2015, 10:17 AM
The rotation will be laster, brown, sexton this weekend.

RocketCityDawg
04-14-2015, 10:25 AM
The rotation will be laster, brown, sexton this weekend.

That's what I think too. Wonder if Tatum will be available in the pen?

confucius say
04-14-2015, 10:41 AM
That's what I think too. Wonder if Tatum will be available in the pen?

Absolutely. Although mintz and fitts will be the first two options.

RocketCityDawg
04-14-2015, 10:49 AM

I just realized that there's no mid week game between Florida and Arkansas. So, I agree that it's all hands on deck.

Saltydog
04-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Anyone know?

msstate7
04-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Anyone know?

Bench mob needed night off to practice all their new material for SBW**

TheRef
04-14-2015, 12:43 PM
High threat of thunderstorms tonight.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Anyone know?

Can't take another bad loss.

starkvegasdawg
04-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Here is what we missed seeing with the cancellation.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_C2f8aKGeDvR0xNw_D3uHs3_E1RWEh Z3inNYjMZuegTdQKA4V

Todd4State
04-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Anyone know?

It's a win/win for both MSU and Northwestern State.

We now get to move Sexton into the SEC rotation and move Tatum to the bullpen- which strengthens our staff for SEC games. We don't get to risk a bad loss.

Northwestern State benefits because they now don't have make long bus trip to Starkville and then a long bus trip to play Louisiana-Monroe tomorrow. Which means that they are going to have a better chance of beating a school that the recruit against a good bit. Our game doesn't mean much to them because they are going to have to win their tournament to get in anyway.

Todd4State
04-14-2015, 04:55 PM
I just realized that there's no mid week game between Florida and Arkansas. So, I agree that it's all hands on deck.

Actually, we only have one OOC game left- and that is the Governor's Cup. That means we're basically going to be all hands on deck from here on out.

Todd4State
04-14-2015, 04:59 PM

It's a little deeper than that- I think that if we start Sexton we probably win the A&M series. If Austin can give us five- that's four that our pen doesn't have to throw. And then we add Tatum who is a quality LH pitcher who I think has kind of hit a wall as a starter. Now he can just let loose and attack.

Also, I thought Logan Elliott and Houston did a good job until they got tired and gave up grand slams. We just had to let them rot because we didn't have anyone else to replace them with. I thought Paul Young did pretty well also. I'm anxious to see how those guys are moving forward.

State82
04-14-2015, 08:32 PM
they are going to have to win their tournament to get in anyway.

As will we, most probably.

confucius say
04-14-2015, 08:36 PM
It's a little deeper than that- I think that if we start Sexton we probably win the A&M series. If Austin can give us five- that's four that our pen doesn't have to throw. And then we add Tatum who is a quality LH pitcher who I think has kind of hit a wall as a starter. Now he can just let loose and attack.

Also, I thought Logan Elliott and Houston did a good job until they got tired and gave up grand slams. We just had to let them rot because we didn't have anyone else to replace them with. I thought Paul Young did pretty well also. I'm anxious to see how those guys are moving forward.

I agree, except to note that Elliot and Houston are prob 3-6 out guys. I was just saying that if the game is in the balance, it will be Levi and Trevor before Tatum. I know you prob agree and were just expanding.