#6 Tennessee (8-7, 30-11)
#7 Texas A&M (8-7, 32-12)
#8 Missouri (8-7, 26-10)
#9 Mississippi State (9-9, 31-12)
#10 Kentucky (4-10, 27-13)
#11 Ole Miss (5-13, 23-19)
#12 South Carolina (4-11, 29-16)
#13 Arkansas (1-14, 15-27)

I can't find an updated rpi, but we were #22 on 4/6. The top 12 make the SEC tourney so that's really an issue not as the gap between the top 9 and the rest is substantial. Remaining schedule:

South Alabama
Tennessee
Tennessee
Tennessee
Memphis
@Georgia Southern
@Georgia Southern
@South Carolina
@South Carolina
@South Carolina

USA will be a tough out. They're 31-7 overall and just behind ULL in the SBC, but that game's in Starkville. Memphis and Georgia Southern are not very good and should be wins if we don't give them away. Georgia Southern is weekend series. With 13 softball playing SEC schools, not everyone plays an SEC series each weekend, hence the difference in records at the moment. All will play 8 SEC opponent series before it's over for potientially 24 SEC games. A sweep over USCe would be HUGE paired with a series win over Tennessee this weekend for SBW. That would move us up to 14-10. It would be nice to somehow weasel our way into the top 4 for the SEC tournament but that will be extremely difficult probably even with a sweep both SEC series remaining (unlikely). If we can move up to #5 or #6 we will get a very winnable game in round 1 and perhaps retool our pitching strategy to face a very tough school that had an opening round bye (if I've tournament format right). We need to beat USA, brush aside Memphis and GS, then win both SEC series, hopefully sweeping one. Would be good momentum going into SEC tournament and postseason. I don't know if we're really a threat to host a regional or not because I'm not sure I can apply NCAA baseball logic to softball. I don't know what the selection folks' reasoning is or what they look for in a host site.

ETA: Kentucky and Florida still have a game to play tonight to wrap up a weekend series. A KY upset would drop Florida into a tie with Alabama for 4th, which isn't really a drop I guess. It would move Bama up to a tie for 4th. That's a better way to put it. A Florida win would move them into a tie with LSU for 2nd and drop KY to 11th and into a tie with USCe, behind Ole Miss, moving the B*tchsharks up to #10.

CadaverDawg
04-13-2015, 02:00 PM
Good stuff. Good to see our softball team competing.

BulldogBear
04-14-2015, 09:58 AM
Updated RPI has us at #23 now. Upcoming SBW opponent Tennessee is #12. Wednesday night's nonconf opponent South Alabama is #30. With tonight's baseball game cancelled I assume due to weather, this makes me concerned for tomorrow night as well. I really want us to play USA for our RPI.

CALLING THE REF.......

What's the likelihood of getting tomorrow's tilt with the Jaguars in.

TheRef
04-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Updated RPI has us at #23 now. Upcoming SBW opponent Tennessee is #12. Wednesday night's nonconf opponent South Alabama is #30. With tonight's baseball game cancelled I assume due to weather, this makes me concerned for tomorrow night as well. I really want us to play USA for our RPI.

CALLING THE REF.......

What's the likelihood of getting tomorrow's tilt with the Jaguars in.

Unlikely, sadly. The system that's coming in will be just wave after wave of storms.

maroonmania
04-14-2015, 11:55 AM
That OM series was tough on us. OM went 2-1 against us while they are apparently 3-12 against the rest of the SEC.

BulldogBear
04-14-2015, 02:28 PM
That OM series was tough on us. OM went 2-1 against us while they are apparently are 3-12 against the rest of the SEC.

A little bizarre when you consider that our one win involved us having to make a 7 run last inning comeback. I'm glad the girls have the heart for those kind of comebacks. There have been more than one. But it's weird to compare our seasons and realize we very nearly got swept.

#rivalriesareunpredictable

BulldogBear
04-15-2015, 03:23 PM
Unlikely, sadly. The system that's coming in will be just wave after wave of storms.

midweek bump.

Looks like we're gonna play ball tonight!!

blacklistedbully
04-15-2015, 04:20 PM
A little bizarre when you consider that our one win involved us having to make a 7 run last inning comeback. I'm glad the girls have the heart for those kind of comebacks. There have been more than one. But it's weird to compare our seasons and realize we very nearly got swept.

#rivalriesareunpredictable

We also very nearly took 2 of 3.

BulldogBear
04-16-2015, 03:06 PM
Updated standings and RPI going into the weekend

SEC
#1 Auburn (12-3, 40-6) -3rd rpi
#2 Florida (11-4, 41-4) -1st rpi
#3 LSU (11-4, 39-5) -2nd rpi
#4 Alabama (10-5, 33-9) -8th rpi
#5 Georgia (11-7, 35-11) -18th rpi
#6 Missouri (8-7, 28-10) -9th rpi
#7 Tennessee (8-7, 32-11) -12th rpi
#8 Texas A&M (8-7, 33-12) -25th rpi
#9 Mississippi State (9-9, 31-13) -23rd rpi
#10 Kentucky (4-10, 27-14) -13th rpi
#11 Ole Miss (5-13, 25-19) -55th rpi
#12 South Carolina (4-11, 29-16) -33rd rpi
#13 Arkansas (1-14, 15-27) -74th rpi

Maroon Blood
04-16-2015, 03:17 PM
The softball updates are great! Thanks for posting them.

BulldogBear
04-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Girls drop game 1 against Tennessee 4-3 and fall to 9-10, 31-14 record

It was a pretty exciting game but just wouldn't go right. We out hit them but could only score 3 on 12 hits, stranding 14. Tough night.

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Well, I thought today's game was at 6pm but apparently it was at 3pm. So, we lost 5-3. I don't know any details. Dropped the series but need to salvage a win tomorrow. If not, the week we hoped might go 3-1 will end up 0-4.

Record drops to 31-15, 9-11 SEC

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Well, I thought today's game was at 6pm but apparently it was at 3pm. So, we lost 5-3. I don't know any details. Dropped the series but need to salvage a win tomorrow. If not, the week we hoped might go 3-1 will end up 0-4.

Record drops to 31-15, 9-11 SEC

The girls played well today but the home plate ump strike zone was absolutely ridiculous today. For both sides, but it probably hurt us more costing us the game. Three of their runs came from very bad calls causing the AB to extend to the point that the girl that hit the two run shot for Tenn to tie the game, should have struck out and was two more strikes in that same AB when she took it out. With bases loaded a girl walked to score a run but she should had been called out twice on strikes in the same AB. And the Tenn fans saw the game the same way as we did and thought it was a ridiculous way for the game to be decided when the pitchers on both sides threw very well. Except Tolar who started but did not do well and was pulled in the first. Thought it was very unfortunate that both teams pitched really good and it should have been a 2-1, 3-2 type game. I can't ever recall seeing a strike zone so incredibly tight. Several of the Tenn fans and I thought we would have never lasted past the 3-4 innings as the coach for either team. Would have said the magic words to get tossed. But at least he was constantly bad for both sides.

BulldogBear
04-18-2015, 09:08 PM
The girls played well today but the home plate ump strike zone was absolutely ridiculous today. For both sides, but it probably hurt us more costing us the game. Three of their runs came from very bad calls causing the AB to extend to the point that the girl that hit the two run shot for Tenn to tie the game, should have struck out and was two more strikes in that same AB when she took it out. With bases loaded a girl walked to score a run but she should had been called out twice on strikes in the same AB. And the Tenn fans saw the game the same way as we did and thought it was a ridiculous way for the game to be decided when the pitchers on both sides threw very well. Except Tolar who started but did not do well and was pulled in the first. Thought it was very unfortunate that both teams pitched really good and it should have been a 2-1, 3-2 type game. I can't ever recall seeing a strike zone so incredibly tight. Several of the Tenn fans and I thought we would have never lasted past the 3-4 innings as the coach for either team. Would have said the magic words to get tossed. But at least he was constantly bad for both sides.

Who came in after Toler? I assume Silkwood will go again tomorrow.

Really Clark?
04-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Knudsen for 3.1 innings, Ward for 2 and Silkwood for 1. Honestly all three pitched really well and we should have not had to go to even Ward much less Silkwood. But understood Vann's decision.

BulldogBear
04-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Bulldogs go down 16-8 in 6 innings today, dropping to an SEC record of 9-12 and overall record of 31-16. Wish we could forget this week. Only time swept this season.

Hail State!! to our outgoing seniors on senior day:

Julia Echols

Katie Gentle

Ashley Phillips

Erika Gaul

--- HEck of a senior day for Katie Gentle:

6 RBIs on a sac fly and 2 HR, one of them a grand slam!