PDA

View Full Version : Malik won't be Taking Any Official Visits

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2015, 12:32 PM
@CourtneyRCronin: Per his father, uncommitted five-star guard Malik Newman won't take official visits before making his commitment http://t.co/YMbTSLcmMw

I think you guys can go ahead & wrap this 1 in maroon & white.

Rayburn8
04-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Awww shit. Time to get my happy face on.

smootness
04-13-2015, 12:37 PM
I kind if saw this coming, but unless you have inside info, I'm not sure that decision in and of itself means anything. He just never seemed like he was going to actually take his officials.

Rayburn8
04-13-2015, 12:37 PM
@CourtneyRCronin: Per his father, uncommitted five-star guard Malik Newman won't take official visits before making his commitment http://t.co/YMbTSLcmMw

I think you guys can go ahead & wrap this 1 in maroon & white.

Actually on second thought this now makes me scarred he goes over seas.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Actually on second thought this now makes me scarred he goes over seas.

Both Horatio & Malik said overseas not an option.

"Their pitch is you can play basketball with professionals and get paid instead of going to college for nothing or whatever the case may be," Webster told Scout.com. "You'd have that experience of playing against grown men and it's a good league. The money is on time. It is real, but I don't think that's an option for Malik."

Newman said on Beyond The Game that choosing to play professionally over going to college isn't in the cards.

"No, not really. We joked about it a few times but I don't think it's anything serious that we're thinking about," Newman said.

maroonmania
04-13-2015, 12:51 PM
I kind if saw this coming, but unless you have inside info, I'm not sure that decision in and of itself means anything. He just never seemed like he was going to actually take his officials.

Well, let's all hope we are smart enough not to cut Tookie loose if we weren't about 99% sure on this one.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Also the 2 National BBall recruting guys on both 247(Jerry Meyer I know hold your jokes) & Scout (Evan Daniel) say they've heard this weekend that MSU is in excellent shape with Malik.

smootness
04-13-2015, 01:02 PM
The tide seems to be going in our direction, but I've thought all along that nobody, maybe even including Malik himself, will really know what he's going to do until he signs.

Political Hack
04-13-2015, 01:09 PM
The tide seems to be going in our direction, but I've thought all along that nobody, maybe even including Malik himself, will really know what he's going to do until he signs.

I tend to agree with this line of thought, but I also think ifyouonlyknew is right about where's he's leaning right now.

Big Ben is the man!

Ifyouonlyknew
04-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Of course nothing is 100% until his name is on the dotted line but everything I've heard since his visit with Howland has happened. They've been spot since then no need to stop listening now.

Coach34
04-13-2015, 02:12 PM
In the words of I Seen It Dawg:

"Newman to State"

I seen it dawg
04-14-2015, 07:15 AM
Newman to State.