PDA

View Full Version : As far as the rpi question from yesterday

State82
04-12-2015, 08:49 PM
and whether it would be better to get rained out or play and lose. Don't know how not playing would have affected it but the loss moved us up 2 spots. As of now Warren Nolan has us at 90. Considerably better than 120.

Bully13
04-12-2015, 08:52 PM
and whether it would be better to get rained out or play and lose. Don't know how not playing would have affected it but the loss moved us up 2 spots. As of now Warren Nolan has us at 90. Considerably better than 120.

what a sad commentary for MSU Baseball. we've been devalued to this point. maybe we should schedule more swac teams, wait, never mind, we can't beat them either under Cohen.

msstate7
04-12-2015, 08:53 PM
We need a 3-1 week. I'm not sure we can take 2 of 3 from Florida though. I think our best chance at 3-1 this week is pitching Tatum tues and sexton sun

Bully13
04-12-2015, 08:54 PM
We need a 3-1 week. I'm not sure we can take 2 of 3 from Florida though. I think our best chance at 3-1 this week is pitching Tatum tues and sexton sun

you're not sure? really? more Tatum? that's your answer / suggestion?

msstate7
04-12-2015, 08:57 PM
you're not sure? really? more Tatum? that's your answer / suggestion?

Calm down. Notice I want to pitch Tatum vs nw state, not Florida. Laster, brown, and sexton give us our best chance to win vs Florida. Is it a good chance? No, but it's our best chance

Homedawg
04-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Calm down. Notice I want to pitch Tatum vs nw state, not Florida. Laster, brown, and sexton give us our best chance to win vs Florida. Is it a good chance? No, but it's our best chance

Not picking on you at all, but it's amzong how many of these same things have been said earlier, so and so give is the best chance this weekend. The so and so just change depending on who sucked last.

msstate7
04-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Not picking on you at all, but it's amzong how many of these same things have been said earlier, so and so give is the best chance this weekend. The so and so just change depending on who sucked last.

Tatum hasn't made it out of the 2nd inning the last 2 weekends. I think he needs a change of venue. I'm not sure if sexton will do better, but I think it would be foolish not to try. I suppose you think Tatum should start Sunday?

Homedawg
04-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Tatum hasn't made it out of the 2nd inning the last 2 weekends. I think he needs a change of venue. I'm not sure if sexton will do better, but I think it would be foolish not to try. I suppose you think Tatum should start Sunday?

No. No. You misunderstood me. He shouldn't based on how he's done the last few weeks. However, every starter we've had this year has been in that category at some point. And for weeks we had people saying "we should have x,y,z". Problem is x,y,z have been differnt every week because one of them stunk the week before.......

msstate7
04-12-2015, 09:30 PM
No. No. You misunderstood me. He shouldn't based on how he's done the last few weeks. However, every starter we've had this year has been in that category at some point. And for weeks we had people saying "we should have x,y,z". Problem is x,y,z have been differnt every week because one of them stunk the week before.......

Gotcha. I just really don't understand sexton not pitching on weekends. Sexton has a 3.86 era in sec only games and hasn't pitched the last 2 weekends.

Todd4State
04-12-2015, 09:36 PM

True but baseball is about playing the hot hand sometimes. But I will say that I always felt like our best chance at maximizing our success from a pitching standpoint was moving Tatum to the pen- but not because he was sucking. It was because he had bullpen experience. With only two midweek games left, I think it is happens eventually anyway.

My guess is we go with Sexton Tuesday. He'll probably stay with the same rotation for Florida. Probably get the same or similar results. Then we don't play again until Arkansas and they are going to think "hey we need to get Sexton some work". Then it will magically work out better- which is what I have been saying all along.

I think Tatum going to the pen might help him out mentally at this point. I think the season is grinding on him a little bit.

Another issue is Butch is staying with guys waaaaaayyyy too long. Elliott pitched well until he ran out of gas and gives up a grand slam. Same with Houston as well. Tatum would help with that a little bit and I think Sexton would help on the front end of that a lot because odds are he can make it through more than one inning.

Homedawg
04-12-2015, 09:41 PM
True but baseball is about playing the hot hand sometimes. But I will say that I always felt like our best chance at maximizing our success from a pitching standpoint was moving Tatum to the pen- but not because he was sucking. It was because he had bullpen experience. With only two midweek games left, I think it is happens eventually anyway.

My guess is we go with Sexton Tuesday. He'll probably stay with the same rotation for Florida. Probably get the same or similar results. Then we don't play again until Arkansas and they are going to think "hey we need to get Sexton some work". Then it will magically work out better- which is what I have been saying all along.

I think Tatum going to the pen might help him out mentally at this point. I think the season is grinding on him a little bit.

Another issue is Butch is staying with guys waaaaaayyyy too long. Elliott pitched well until he ran out of gas and gives up a grand slam. Same with Houston as well. Tatum would help with that a little bit and I think Sexton would help on the front end of that a lot because odds are he can make it through more than one inning.

I agree w this. Including the part about Tatum on the pen, he gives you a legit max effort lefty from the pen who can get a k when needed. We don't have that- he can provide it. But heck, it won't solve all our problems as much as I would like it to.

Todd4State
04-12-2015, 09:47 PM
I agree w this. Including the part about Tatum on the pen, he gives you a legit max effort lefty from the pen who can get a k when needed. We don't have that- he can provide it. But heck, it won't solve all our problems as much as I would like it to.

It won't solve every problem we have. But it will help our biggest problem. We now have eight losses where we scored five or more runs. I know that we wouldn't have won all of those games with a better bullpen in all likelihood- but it has at least cost us four wins just guessing.