PDA

View Full Version : SBW

msstate7
04-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Are we about to get embarrassed big time? Florida has won their last 4 (Stetson and usce x3) by a combined 60 to 12.

BulldogBear
04-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Are we about to get embarrassed big time? Florida has won their last 4 (Stetson and usce x3) by a combined 60 to 12.
Well, I can tell you this much....

9 total runs for the weekend won't win any of them unless they all come in one game!

nsvltndog
04-12-2015, 08:47 PM
They had a freshman hit 7 HR's this week. There seems to be bad blood between Cohen and O'Sullivan so could be an interesting weekend.

dawgs
04-12-2015, 09:10 PM
They had a freshman hit 7 HR's this week. There seems to be bad blood between Cohen and O'Sullivan so could be an interesting weekend.

Impossible, you can't get freshmen on campus to contribute immediately.

Todd4State
04-12-2015, 09:42 PM

I doubt it. I bet we win at least one. We just went up against the top pitching staff in the SEC on the road and held our own. If we had pitched Sexton, we probably win the A&M series.

maroonmania
04-12-2015, 10:13 PM
Impossible, you can't get freshmen on campus to contribute immediately.

Its my understanding that LSU currently uses 2 true freshman pitchers in their SEC rotation. Meanwhile, our top true freshman pitcher (McCord) is MIA for the season I guess. We can't even get any true freshman pitchers to help us out midweek.

Todd4State
04-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Its my understanding that LSU currently uses 2 true freshman pitchers in their SEC rotation. Meanwhile, our top true freshman pitcher (McCord) is MIA for the season I guess. We can't even get any true freshman pitchers to help us out midweek.

If LSU has two guys that are freshmen and pitching at a high level for them- they are VERY fortunate. People notice the 5% of the freshmen in the country that are contributing at a high level and don't see the 95% that aren't.

I've seen guys that were drafted in the first round like Alan Horne have difficulty adjusting sometimes.

That said, I think Gridley had done a really solid job for us. He's hitting in the .270's right now. Compare that to Adam Frazier who hit .225 or so as a true freshman. He is probably going to be on our top ten lists for career hits when it's all said and done.

Bothrops
04-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Teams that can hit HR's are gonna beat us, plain and simple.