PDA

View Full Version : Wanna laugh today?

Pollodawg
06-30-2013, 12:57 PM
I just had a bear on another thread post this at me:

1. Opinion noted. lol, "Gifted" a bowl, followed by unwarranted arrogance from a team that prior to this year, in all of Mullen's tenure, had been unable to beat said teams of Arky and Auburn, both of which Father Freezus beat in his first year. Terrific spin here @1dawgfan09. Truly magnificent spin.

2. If you have evidence that any Ole Miss fan on SECTalk has ever claimed that Moncrief (that's Mr. Moncrief to you, Banks, and Slay, and Whitley) is the best WR of all time, please do take the time to post a link to this claim. Furthermore, that's unadulterated nonsense. Sure, his int's are a concern, but had you perused and of the magazines that have come out in this dead period about NCAA football, many in this conference are impressed with Bo, even with his int's.

2a. I don't think you'll find anyone on here claim that William Bo Wallace's health isn't a concern.

2b. Clearly in the "Know thine enemy as well as thyself" category, you have failed yourself. We are rolling on 5 deep in the RB department, I've lost count of how many WR's we have, TE is indeed a depth scare, but we rarely use the TE anyway (except against State :trollface: ) the entire o-line has nothing but 3-4 deep depth, and the DL has 4-5 deep, the LB corps has no depth issues, nor does the secondary. Even Ritter and Campbell have 2 people behind both of them.

Where the actual :lanekiffin: did you come up with this crap? lol

3. Are you really going to sit there behind your computer and have the audacity to claim that LSU, a team that State has not beaten since 1999, overlooked us when we played them the next-to-last-game of the regular season last year, when Leslie and company clearly saw how well we had improved from last year? Jesus :lanekiffin: ing Christ! LULZ, this coming from a team that Leslie always marks down as a win, as they never have any competition from State, or rarely so.

Hands up if your team has beaten LSU within the past 5 years? :trollface:

4. Please, by all means, don't take us seriously. As a matter of fact, I do hope you sincerely mean that.

This post has been most amusing to me 1dawg, and I really do thank you for it. Truly a great spin there for all time.
You really don't see it, do you? Well, I take that back, you do see it, but you'll never admit it.

The Dantanic has hit an iceberg. Whether or not he learned from the Titanic's mistake everyone will just have to wait and see.
TSOP and Mullen will once again have to put all their eggs into the Egg Bowl's basket. Okie State will set the pace for a season for Mullen that will see what he has built up begin to crumble. Even Bowling Green is likely to pose a challenge for State, and yet you have sat behind your computer and lectured Ole Miss about LSU of all teams, even though you barely even remember the last time State beat LSU. If Mullen cannot beat all 4 of his OOC games, he is in for some serious trouble. What's worse for you, is that Scott Stricklin is going to begin to take some serious heat too. It would be tragic to have the expansion completed, only to be unable to fill those seats, now wouldn't it?

Coach34
06-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Those ****ers may beat the Patriots and win the Super Bowl this year

Dawgfan77
06-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Do they realize how lucky they were last year?? No major or minor injuries,catching aweburn and Arkansas in a shitastic years for both. Not to mention the dawgs not really wanting to even be in the game.

When your coach is out telling everyone to temper expectations then as a fan you should be concerned. Bo Wallace is an ok QB but he aint as good as some are making him out to be. I think that will have a tough go this year as DC's will get him to stay in the pocket and punish that shoulder.

Last thing, when you are depending on true freshman to make up your 2 deep you are gonna struggle. Bears will not be as fortunate this year

Todd4State
06-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Do they realize how lucky they were last year?? No major or minor injuries,catching aweburn and Arkansas in a shitastic years for both. Not to mention the dawgs not really wanting to even be in the game.

When your coach is out telling everyone to temper expectations then as a fan you should be concerned. Bo Wallace is an ok QB but he aint as good as some are making him out to be. I think that will have a tough go this year as DC's will get him to stay in the pocket and punish that shoulder.

Last thing, when you are depending on true freshman to make up your 2 deep you are gonna struggle. Bears will not be as fortunate this year

Short answer- no.

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2013, 02:05 PM
1. Opinion noted. lol, "Gifted" a bowl, followed by unwarranted arrogance from a team that prior to this year, in all of Mullen's tenure, had been unable to beat said teams of Arky and Auburn, both of which Father Freezus beat in his first year. Terrific spin here @1dawgfan09. Truly magnificent spin.

Why does every UM fan I've talked to bring this up? Look at how good Auburn and Arkansas were at the beginning of Mullen's tenure as compared to how bad they were last year. There's really no comparison between those teams from 2009-2011 and their teams in 2012. Had Arkansas or Auburn been as bad as they were last year in Mullen's first year, DM would have beaten both of them, just like he did this year. Instead, in the first three years of Mullen's tenure, Auburn and Arkansas were competing for BCS bowl berths and AU won a national title, while Freeze got them when they were a combined 6-18. No shit, he's going to look better playing against teams with a combined 6-18 records than DM looked against top 10 teams. It's like saying Croom beat Alabama in 2006 and 2007, so he must be a better coach than Mullen because Mullen has yet to beat Alabama, even though Alabama has won the national title 3 of the 4 years DM has been here.

The whole thing is obviously just an incredibly ****ing stupid point/comparison between Freeze and Mullen. If the SEC West had been as balanced last year as it was from 2009-2011, UM would have been 4-8 instead of 6-6 in the regular season... Hell, they may have even been 3-9 considering they wouldn't have had as much to play for in the Egg Bowl. Freeze got a much better break in the West (and his schedule in general since State played Houston and GA Tech in 2009) in his first year than Mullen did. Basically if you traded Mullen's and Freeze's circumstances in their first years, Mullen may have won 7 regular season games while Freeze would have won about 3... And that has a lot to do with how good/bad Auburn and Arkansas were in each coach's first years.

Coach34
06-30-2013, 02:12 PM
It's their big propaganda- it's what they do. They get everybody saying the same things- and people start believing it. It's the Bill Clinton philosophy

Pollodawg
06-30-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm still wondering what ice berg we hit since we actually finished with a better, well, everything than they did.

Better bowl.
Better overall record.
Better conference record.......Help me out here. What am I missing.

Dawgfan77
06-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Your missing nothing they beat us they won a substandard bowl game against a turrable Pitt team and bought a top 10 class. Still they are paper thin on the lines and a qB with a glass jaw and shoulder

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm still wondering what ice berg we hit since we actually finished with a better, well, everything than they did.

Better bowl.
Better overall record.

This gets me too. Everything you hear from them indicates they just went to the Sugar Bowl last year and are "Mississippi's football school"(yeah right) and nobody else even has a ****ing prayer to keep up with their juggernaut of a program... But really all that happened was they went 6-6 and won the damn Birmingham bowl against a shitty Big East team; now they're a football school again and no other sport matters(especially baseball).

SheltonChoked
06-30-2013, 04:57 PM
Better bowl.
Better overall record.
Better conference record....

If that's hitting an iceburg, I'll take that every ****ing year.

biscuit
06-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Those ****ers may beat the Patriots and win the Super Bowl this year

They should at least make the playoffs.

Coach34
06-30-2013, 09:04 PM

Better bowl.
Better overall record.

this is what I cant ever figure out.

When we beat then in 2009, all I heard from them was that they had a better season because of a bowl game and better record.
But that flips in 2012- and suddenly they had the better season in 2012 because they won the Egg Bowl and didnt quit vs Bama when it was 27-7 at half.

Propaganda at it's finest

Coach34
06-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Hell, they were trying to convince themselves before the bowls were announced that they were going to go to a better bowl than us. McReady and them spewed all kinds of crap about it. We had been told before the Egg Bowl where we were going win or lose- so it was funny listening to all their bullshit

Pollodawg
06-30-2013, 09:15 PM

When we beat then in 2009, all I heard from them was that they had a better season because of a bowl game and better record.
But that flips in 2012- and suddenly they had the better season in 2012 because they won the Egg Bowl and didnt quit vs Bama when it was 27-7 at half.

I had one try to tell me today that Brunetti was just as good as Prescott. Yep, completely off the rails at that point.

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2013, 09:55 PM

That's what I've been thinking too.

In '09 it was: "The Egg Bowl is just another game. Y'all take it way more seriously than we do, so that's why y'all won. We still had the better all around year. etc."

Now it's: "The Egg Bowl is the head-to-head game, so it counts for more. It's a rivalry game, so that makes it more important. It doesn't matter who went to the better bowl, we won head-to-head, so we had the better year. etc."

I guess it's whatever they need to fit their propaganda and spin at that particular time.

UM's organization really is something to behold though. It's like their entire fan base gets together in a room once a month, picks a party line, and sticks with it no matter what... Actually, I think I did read somewhere that UM fans get together on pay message boards and organize who is going to troll on the internet as State fans and talk about our players and recruits to try and make us look like bad fans. I think I may have seen this on SPS, but regardless, does anyone else remember reading that thread?

ETA: Here it is. My God, those people take this stuff so seriously, but yet they say we take it more seriously than they do... I've read a lot of pay and free boards over the years for State, but I've never seen anything like this from our fans. Especially read that last paragraph that's bolded. They are actually talking about paying people to dress up as State fans and get in a "cowbell melee" at sporting events to make us look bad and get cowbells taken away. Man, if this is what they do to us, imagine what they've tried to pull against LSU... You know, they're real rival.

http://3rdand57.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/some-insanity-from-ole-miss-message-boards/

Coach34
06-30-2013, 10:31 PM
They are supremely more organized than we are. And their secret boards sort of band together where ours pull in different directions.

They stay on the same page- State fans are lucky to remain in the same book

Pollodawg
06-30-2013, 10:44 PM
They are supremely more organized than we are. And their secret boards sort of band together where ours pull in different directions.

They stay on the same page- State fans are lucky to remain in the same book

Oh, it's this exactly. Their fans pick a party line, and your ass doesn't veer off the party line. They are way better coordinated than we are when it comes to that. Otherwise, how would they all spout the exact same shit over and over almost word for word?

Saltydog
06-30-2013, 11:20 PM
takes a hit on that shoulder early on, it could make for a long year. My bad, I'm sorry, they still have Robert Nkemdiche and we all know he's the second coming of Christ so pretty sure he could easily fill that void!

Coach34
06-30-2013, 11:31 PM
takes a hit on that shoulder early on, it could make for a long year. My bad, I'm sorry, they still have Robert Nkemdiche and we all know he's the second coming of Christ so pretty sure he could easily fill that void!

The Vandy game is intriguing

Vandy is going to be pretty good on defense- and gets all August to prepare for them
Vandy returns 3 starters on the OL plus all their WR's + TE...but new QB and RB
Vandy will be at home
Vandy has had their number lately

OM has all the hype coming in
Wallace coming off shoulder surgery and missed Spring- has been throwing about a month now
They will be pretty salty

Gonna be interesting

Todd4State
07-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Ultimately, the problem is MSU fans buy their BS. We didn't buy it for baseball. And you see what happened. Although, I think the Forrest Moore incident that they tried to pull off in 2011 was a big mistake on their part because I think it actually caused people to get behind Cohen more and helped unify MSU people.

Back to football- our fans are the opposite. "Well, Dan can't recruit, he has beaten Auburn once, etc." If we threw their crap back in their face with facts they would stop. Or it would make it a lot harder on them. If HD6 locks every thread over there because it turns into a big pissing match- so be it. Better that than hurt ourselves. How many times have our fans mentioned that Dan was able to KEEP Chris Jones? And I can only imagine what his recruitment was like at the time and what Ole Miss offered him. Ole Miss also wanted Ashton Shumpert really bad as well and we didn't lose him either. Same with Jake Thomas. In fact, I believe we were able to get most of the Dandy Dozen despite the fact that there were two South Panola players and two Ole Miss legacies on it this past year.

sorantable
07-01-2013, 10:44 PM
OP seems legit. I honestly expect Ole Miss to win between 5 and 7 games next year. The team is too young and the schedule is really too tough to expect more.

Coach34
07-01-2013, 11:13 PM
OP seems legit. I honestly expect Ole Miss to win between 5 and 7 games next year. The team is too young and the schedule is really too tough to expect more.

1st tempered expectation I've seen- I think 7-5 is how it turns out...the Vandy game to start off will be huge