PDA

View Full Version : E. Mitchell signing with the Reds

CrazyEyeKilla
06-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Per Twitter. Not a shocker, hopefully he figures out his control problems in the minors.

Coach34
06-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Good luck Mitchell

So we lose:

The Little Burrito
Graveman
Norris
E. Mitchell
Girodo

Not bad- we should be able to offset those losses fairly well

M.Fillmore
06-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Who is Hunter Renfroe's agent? MSU players have defaulted to Bo McKinniss for 25 years. I hope Hunter is with Scott Boras.

Hump4Hoops
06-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Good luck Mitchell

So we lose:

The Little Burrito
Graveman
Norris
E. Mitchell
Girodo

Not bad- we should be able to offset those losses fairly well

You have to assume Frazier will be signing soon too, right?

Homedawg
06-30-2013, 12:01 PM
Who is Hunter Renfroe's agent? MSU players have defaulted to Bo McKinniss for 25 years. I hope Hunter is with Scott Boras.
I don't know who renfroe is with but it's not boras. Boras is an idiot. He does more harm for his clients in the draft than good.

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2013, 12:05 PM
It's scary to think about how good our pitching will be next year if Woodruff and Lindgren are healthy and pitching up to their potential.

Friday- Woodruff
Saturday- Lindgren
Sunday- Cox (In my opinion, he could be a really solid starter next year. He pitched well at the end of the year after he dropped his arm slot some, plus I think that gives us a completely different look on each day of the weekend.)

Weekday- Fitts

Bullpen-
R. Mitchell
Bracewell
Holder
J. M. Shelly
Gentry
P. Brown

Not to mention Hudson; Sexton; Tatum; etc. We've got tons of elite arms coming in. The future is very very bright.

Todd4State
06-30-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't know who renfroe is with but it's not boras. Boras is an idiot. He does more harm for his clients in the draft than good.

Boras is good if you are solely in baseball for the money. If you want to stay somewhere, raise a family, be on a team that is winning etc. you might want someone else.

Goat Holder
06-30-2013, 12:14 PM
He's talking about the pitching staff. And yes, Frazier is gone.

War Machine Dawg
06-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Fitts will be in the SEC rotation. That's a lead pipe lock. If someone actually steps up and beats him out for a weekend spot, I'm going to be wooly as hell about our pitching.

Will James
06-30-2013, 03:56 PM
Fitts will be in the SEC rotation. That's a lead pipe lock. If someone actually steps up and beats him out for a weekend spot, I'm going to be wooly as hell about our pitching.

Really? Him and Cox were essentially the same pitcher this year. There are a number of guys that can be the Sunday guy next year. I don't think that gets decided until the first SEC series unless somebody really steps up in the Non-Con.

Todd4State
06-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Really? Him and Cox were essentially the same pitcher this year. There are a number of guys that can be the Sunday guy next year. I don't think that gets decided until the first SEC series unless somebody really steps up in the Non-Con.

True. That's one reason why Cohen likes having four game series for at least a couple of the non-conference weekends. It gives people a chance to show what they can do.

I like Fitts, but I would keep an eye on Dakota Hudson.

At this point, I think Will Cox is going to be a relief/set-up guy and probably be pretty good at it. I'm not sure if they are going to want him to vary his arm angles like Caleb Reed- or maybe more like a David Cone. If they do ask him to vary his arm angles, I could see him being a starting pitcher candidate.

Todd4State
06-30-2013, 04:15 PM

Perfect Game recently named Woodruff, Lindgren, and Holder among their top 200 draft prospects list which also included high school and JUCO players. I think Fitts will be drafted unless he gets hurt or something, but Dakota Hudson was hitting 94 in HS and on top of that he had a fourth round grade by Baseball America. If Hudson starts midweek, I'd be fine with that too.

messageboardsuperhero
06-30-2013, 04:28 PM
What's great about Hudson is that he's projected to add even more velocity. If he's hitting low to mid 90s now, he could be in the high 90s by the time it's all said and done. If his location and off-speed stuff are even decent, I definitely wouldn't count him out of the rotation competition for next year.

We'll have more pitching talent next year than we've had in a long time... Maybe more talent top to bottom than we've ever had. And it's only getting better.

Coach34
06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Hell, Shelley pitched 8 innings this year- didnt allow an earned run- and then didnt even get to pitch the last 3 months

I think he has a chance to be pretty good next year out of the pen also