PDA

View Full Version : Rpi with 17 point jump

confucius say
04-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Up to 92 as of now from 109 this morning. Up from 121 yesterday morning.

Quaoarsking
04-11-2015, 04:53 PM
15 = 64

msstate7
04-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Sucks that om beat vandy 2 out of 3, but it may help us rpi wise. We've got 4 games vs om with none at home. Win 2 or 3 and our rpi will jump

engie
04-11-2015, 05:28 PM
No--haven't you heard-- we're done, season's over***

msstate7
04-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Rpi guys... Would a loss tomorrow help us more than a rain out? I'm not conceding the game, but just wondering

State82
04-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Rpi guys... Would a loss tomorrow help us more than a rain out? I'm not conceding the game, but just wondering

I've been wondering the exact same thing. May be a wash either way. We need conference wins though so I hope we get it in.

confucius say
04-11-2015, 06:09 PM
I know one thing, Tatum shoves it up their a** tomorrow and our rpi will jump

Todd4State
04-11-2015, 06:20 PM

My guess is a rain out wouldn't affect us all that much. That said, I would rather have the opportunity to play and win and risk losing because losing is not going to kill us from an RPI standpoint. Of course a road win would help out immensely.

engie
04-11-2015, 07:18 PM

Yes. Our RPI will likely improve even with a loss because of the SOS improvement... How many of the shittalkers that have been starting threads incessantly despite saying the season was "over" are going to show up and own it when Tatum shoves it up their asses and we're right back on the bubble?

Todd4State
04-11-2015, 07:27 PM
I will happily admit I was wrong about our season being over if we get back in it. That said, there is a lot of work to be done between now and the end of the year for us.

msstate7
04-11-2015, 07:30 PM
I will happily admit I was wrong about our season being over if we get back in it. That said, there is a lot of work to be done between now and the end of the year for us.

A win tomorrow would go a long way towards turning this around. I'm worried about next weekend though. Florida seems to be rolling

Quaoarsking
04-11-2015, 07:32 PM

It's impossible to say right now because we don't know how good A&M is going to be for the rest of the year. But it probably would be better for us to lose on the road at A&M than not play, because it would only drop our record by .7 wins (which would be less than 0.01 on our winning percentage), and it would add a lot to our SOS. It's unlikely that A&M will stay at a 90% winning percentage all year, but I doubt it will fall far enough to make a road loss to them a net negative on the RPI.

Either way, the fact that a win would really help us (1.3 wins and a huge SOS boost) makes it very worth it to play.

Todd4State
04-11-2015, 07:44 PM
A win tomorrow would go a long way towards turning this around. I'm worried about next weekend though. Florida seems to be rolling

Florida is also going to be coming in to Starkville for SBW. I think our guys will be pumped.

And yes, a win tomorrow would go a LONG way to building up our confidence going forward. If we win the series, it's going to be because our bullpen stepped up. See Fitts performance today. A couple of weeks ago, we probably bring in Ross and have him get through an inning and then he would give up two singles and a double and then the wheels would come off.

I just wish that Butch would just go ahead and move Tatum to the bullpen and let Sexton start Sunday because we only have two OOC games left. That would at the very least give us three reliable relievers in Fitts, Mintz, and Tatum. And I'm curious to see if Hudson will continue to pitch well also. If he can earn Butch's trust, he could give us a big shot in the arm.

Jack Lambert
04-11-2015, 08:27 PM

If we win I don't want the rain. Hasn't A&M lost two Sunday games?

msstate7
04-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Arizona playing asu on espnu. Go Wildcats! Should help our rpi if they win

Todd4State
04-11-2015, 09:52 PM
Arizona playing asu on espnu. Go Wildcats! Should help our rpi if they win

Arizona has royally ****ed us over as far as RPI goes the past two years. It's about time they help us out.

Bully13
04-12-2015, 08:54 AM
cancelling that swac game at home and now questioning whether a loss would be better than a rain out makes me think the rpi is a flawed system.

I seen it dawg
04-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Yes. Our RPI will likely improve even with a loss because of the SOS improvement... How many of the shittalkers that have been starting threads incessantly despite saying the season was "over" are going to show up and own it when Tatum shoves it up their asses and we're right back on the bubble?

None they are all scared of you.

I seen it dawg
04-12-2015, 09:01 AM

And prob the same amount if Tatum gets run in the 2nd again and we get rolled. To rip your ass. A lot of baseball left