PDA

View Full Version : Make or break weekend

msstate7
04-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Does this team have any fight left?

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Does this team have any fight left?

Has very little to do with fight. This team doesn't have the tools on the field or players for it.

ShotgunDawg
04-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Really people need to stop living, dying, & judging Cohen each weekend with this team. They simply aren't very talented & no matter the lineup, hitting coaching, or anything else, that isn't going to change this year. I'm not sure where it went wrong with us having a down roster this year, but it happened.

The good thing & what people should be excited about is that there is the possibility that we bring in 5-6 freshmen next year that have MLB ceilings. I realize that a few could go in the draft, but, simply, most of them aren't shooting up draft boards right now. Next year's team, will be inconsistent, but extremely young and talented.

I say all this to say, cheer for our team this year, clap when they win, but understand it's simply not worth getting worked up about if they lose because they are limited & there is nothing that Cohen, Butch, or Mingione can do right now but polish some lemons.

maroonmania
04-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Season is already broken. Even our very best Cohen team (which this certainly is not) would have a ton of trouble pulling off what this team would need to pull off over the rest of the regular season to even have a prayer of making post-season. Just to add, I hope people realize that for us to win this series against A&M, we would have to give them as many losses in this 3 game set as they've had in their first 32 games of the season (given they are 30-2).

confucius say
04-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Largely agree, but I would like to see some fight and grit, circa 2011. That team was not overly talented either, but they got after it. I think most people realize we have a talent issue right now.

ScottH
04-10-2015, 12:29 PM
I hate to say it but I'll be shocked if we win one.

I would have never guessed we would lag the conference leaders by as much as we do in year 7. Never.

BulldogBear
04-10-2015, 12:43 PM

I would have never guessed we would lag the conference leaders by as much as we do in year 7. Never.

I won't be shocked if we win one, but I will be intrigued (surprised) at least.

Duckdog
04-10-2015, 01:21 PM
I won't be shocked if we win one, but I will be intrigued (surprised) at least.

Winning two would be awesome but isn't going to happen barring a miracle

Quaoarsking
04-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Season is already broken. Even our very best Cohen team (which this certainly is not) would have a ton of trouble pulling off what this team would need to pull off over the rest of the regular season to even have a prayer of making post-season. Just to add, I hope people realize that for us to win this series against A&M, we would have to give them as many losses in this 3 game set as they've had in their first 32 games of the season (given they are 30-2).

What? We finished 12-6 over the last 18 SEC games last year, and 11-7 each of the 2 previous years. We would reach the NCAA Tournament this year with 10-8 over our last 18.

We may or may not get it done, but at least 3 of Cohen's 6 teams here would be able to do it...

Quaoarsking
04-10-2015, 05:43 PM

It's baseball. You should never be "shocked" at anyone winning 1 out of 3

Why are our fans (not just you, but so many) still so unknowledgable about nuances of baseball like that?