PDA

View Full Version : I'm putting my foot down

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 08:22 PM
I know I'm not a moderator, it's not my board, etc. So excuse me for stepping on some toes here. But I have to say this.

It's completely classless to post shit about how bad our program and our coaches suck in a thread where a kid commits. And that goes for ALL sports.

If someone wants to criticize our coaches that's fine- but don't do it in a thread where someone talks about a player committing. Why the **** do that?

We all want good players and we want improvement- and then we rip the coach for bringing in better players? That's ****ing stupid.

And yeah- players and parents do read this and if you think they don't read message boards, I damn well guarantee you that the ONE post that they are going to read is the one with their name in it. And the one with the dumbass post in it.

When a player commits- that should be a time to celebrate that player coming into our MSU family and working hard to achieve a goal that they have worked incredibly hard for. And I guarantee you they worked a hell of a lot harder than Dawg61 has at anything that he has ever accomplished in his life. Which is employee of the week at Taco Bell.

We're MSU fans and we have to be better than that. And I know I'm preaching to the choir and the 99% on here that have class and represent well. And I'm talking directly to Dawg61 for being a complete classless dipshit. And Dawg61- if you have a problem with me saying this- let's take it to PM.

I think this board represents what is good about MSU and we can certainly have free discussion and be critical both good and bad. But let's not do that in a players commit thread.

Again, moderators sorry and if I'm out of bounds on this, just let me know. But this is obviously something I feel very strongly about.

chainedup_Dawg
04-09-2015, 08:44 PM
I know I'm not a moderator, it's not my board, etc. So excuse me for stepping on some toes here. But I have to say this.

It's completely classless to post shit about how bad our program and our coaches suck in a thread where a kid commits. And that goes for ALL sports.

If someone wants to criticize our coaches that's fine- but don't do it in a thread where someone talks about a player committing. Why the **** do that?

We all want good players and we want improvement- and then we rip the coach for bringing in better players? That's ****ing stupid.

And yeah- players and parents do read this and if you think they don't read message boards, I damn well guarantee you that the ONE post that they are going to read is the one with their name in it. And the one with the dumbass post in it.

When a player commits- that should be a time to celebrate that player coming into our MSU family and working hard to achieve a goal that they have worked incredibly hard for. And I guarantee you they worked a hell of a lot harder than Dawg61 has at anything that he has ever accomplished in his life. Which is employee of the week at Taco Bell.

We're MSU fans and we have to be better than that. And I know I'm preaching to the choir and the 99% on here that have class and represent well. And I'm talking directly to Dawg61 for being a complete classless dipshit. And Dawg61- if you have a problem with me saying this- let's take it to PM.

I think this board represents what is good about MSU and we can certainly have free discussion and be critical both good and bad. But let's not do that in a players commit thread.

Again, moderators sorry and if I'm out of bounds on this, just let me know. But this is obviously something I feel very strongly about.

Completely agree with everything. These recruits do read these boards whether people want to believe it or not. Hell, all they have to do is google their name and it'll show up.

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm not reading all that. Just delete my post if you're going to go full mental over it. Sorry man it's not that serious.

notsofarawaydawg
04-09-2015, 08:59 PM

I'm telling Coach Flem/Coleman .. LOL !!! ****** and ****** and ****** LMAO !!!!

sleepy dawg
04-09-2015, 08:59 PM
I'm not reading all that. Just delete my post if you're going to go full mental over it. Sorry man it's not that serious.

Well clearly it is.

I didn't read the post in question, but this stuff happens all the time. I'm not a full time sunshine pumper, but I am when there is anything related to recruits, b/c like Todd said, some recruits and their friends and families do read the message boards to see what's going on with those schools or to see if they're mentioned. Everything we say about our recruits (or even near their name) or potential recruits should be positive or neutral.

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 09:00 PM

I bet you ****ing did or you wouldn't have responded. I can't delete your post. I'm not a moderator.

Just use common sense.

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 09:05 PM
I bet you ****ing did or you wouldn't have responded. I can't delete your post. I'm not a moderator.

Just use common sense.

Haha try to not kick your dog dude. Mods please delete my post in the new commitment thread. I'll use better judgement next time. Sorry.

maroonmania
04-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Well clearly it is.

I didn't read the post in question, but this stuff happens all the time. I'm not a full time sunshine pumper, but I am when there is anything related to recruits, b/c like Todd said, some recruits and their friends and families do read the message boards to see what's going on with those schools or to see if they're mentioned. Everything we say about our recruits (or even near their name) or potential recruits should be positive or neutral.

Don't think the post in question was in anyway directing anything negative toward the recruit but I certainly agree with Todd that trashing our coaching staff in a player's commitment thread is shortsighted and can do absolutely nothing positive for our program.

DancingRabbit
04-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Haha try to not kick your dog dude. Mods please delete my post in the new commitment thread. I'll use better judgement next time. Sorry.

Why not just edit your post? It's not that difficult.

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 09:14 PM

Don't kick my Bulldogs first.

If you had said that in any other thread other than a commit thread I wouldn't have said anything at all.

You have to understand I have seen how hard these guys work to even get the opportunity to get this far. Not to mention the God given talent that you have to have along with that. It's an opportunity that not everyone gets. When they commit to us and choose to play for us- that's something to be celebrated and we should celebrate with them. That's not the time to bash Cohen or ask why they would want to ever play for Cohen. If anything be thankful that we are getting a guy that is 6'1" and has some power and as far as I can tell he hasn't bunted all year. That's pretty much what everyone is asking for right?

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 09:15 PM
Why not just edit your post? It's not that difficult.

Haha BRILLIANT!!

engie
04-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Completely agree with everything. These recruits do read these boards whether people want to believe it or not. Hell, all they have to do is google their name and it'll show up.

Many of them set up Google notifications. They get pushed links to their phones anytime their names are mentioned online. It's the easiest thing in the world to do -- and I would have done it for sure in recruiting. Heck I probably would have set up notifications for friends, teammates, and future teammates too had the message board era been alive and well at that time.

People pretending that recruits don't read this stuff are just making up excuses to continue acting like donkeys in my opinion.

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Many of them set up Google notifications. They get pushed links to their phones anytime their names are mentioned online. It's the easiest thing in the world to do -- and I would have done it for sure in recruiting. Heck I probably would have set up notifications for friends, teammates, and future teammates too had the message board era been alive and well at that time.

People pretending that recruits don't read this stuff are just making up excuses to continue acting like donkeys in my opinion.

Show me where I posted a baseball recruits name. Quit crying on top of the crying Todd already has covered. You didn't like my Cohenball comments either huh. Truth hurts. You two need to look at what's on the field and quit lying to yourself. Engie you have a history of falling in love with coaches and not seeing what's really going on.

TheRef
04-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Aaaaaaaand we're done here. Y'all can continue in PMs.