PDA

View Full Version : Stans to Bama ?

AROB44
04-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Apparently, there are rumors on Tide Insider that Bama is trying to get Stans. Would be a good hire for them if it happens.

basedog
04-09-2015, 11:30 AM
Better duck AROB44. You know what's coming.

Maybe this will help, Rick Ray to SE Missouri.

Alldawg
04-09-2015, 12:05 PM
Calling C34

I seen it dawg
04-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Who cares

Drugdog
04-09-2015, 12:23 PM
^^^^^^^ TRUE^^^^^^^

maroonmania
04-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Looks like Stans is going to be relegated to a recruiting assistant for the rest of his days. You do have to wonder if he had it do over again if he wouldn't make the decision to make the changes being asked of him in the way he was running our program to have remained our HC? I don't think he is going to get another HC job in D1 except for possibly some lower level conference.

MadDawg
04-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Looks like Stans is going to be relegated to a recruiting assistant for the rest of his days. You do have to wonder if he had it do over again if he wouldn't make the decision to make the changes being asked of him in the way he was running our program to have remained our HC? I don't think he is going to get another HC job in D1 except for possibly some lower level conference.

Unless he works his way back up. And I think you are right about a do-over. I think he would be more open to the suggestions.

sleepy dawg
04-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Apparently, there are rumors on Tide Insider that Bama is trying to get Stans. Would be a good hire for them if it happens.

Here's Alabama fans in a few years.
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/b4/b45efa41300b83e029fae98d6b7b03091908b90c7da9f258c8 b6c8eb6e2fd81c.jpg

drunkernhelldawg
04-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Unless he works his way back up. And I think you are right about a do-over. I think he would be more open to the suggestions.

Why would he do that? Nobody's going to put up with being second-guessed on every decision. He was right to say no, and we were wrong to pose the ultimatum. I mean, it looks to me like we're the ones paying the penalty, not him.

Coach34
04-09-2015, 02:26 PM
As a recruiting assistant- he is very good. Its where he will finish his days at big schools. If he wants a head job it will be at a Troy or somewhere

smootness
04-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Why would he do that? Nobody's going to put up with being second-guessed on every decision. He was right to say no, and we were wrong to pose the ultimatum. I mean, it looks to me like we're the ones paying the penalty, not him.

Yeah, our basketball program is screwed now**

MadDawg
04-09-2015, 02:41 PM

I'm just saying that at this point, he might would have rather swallowed his pride at the time to be in a better situation today.

drunkernhelldawg
04-09-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm just saying that at this point, he might would have rather swallowed his pride at the time to be in a better situation today.

His situation is pretty good. It's ours that sucks.

Coach34
04-09-2015, 02:52 PM
His situation is pretty good. It's ours that sucks.

what the **** are you talking about??? We have hired the most qualified coach in the history of our sports program

drunkernhelldawg
04-09-2015, 02:56 PM
what the **** are you talking about??? We have hired the most qualified coach in the history of our sports program

Okay. I guess we're guaranteed success now. Great.

Coach34
04-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Damn right

Johnson85
04-09-2015, 04:13 PM

It would be a solid hire and very safe but I'm not sure if fans would be satisfied after Auburn got Pearl and MSU got Howland, just depends on whether they care. They probably should hire Stansbury though. I think he would fairly quickly establish a solid floor for their program and with basketball being such a lower priority than football, establishing a solid floor might be a better strategy than going for the home run hire.

Coach34
04-09-2015, 04:55 PM
It would be a solid hire and very safe but I'm not sure if fans would be satisfied after Auburn got Pearl and MSU got Howland, just depends on whether they care. They probably should hire Stansbury though. I think he would fairly quickly establish a solid floor for their program and with basketball being such a lower priority than football, establishing a solid floor might be a better strategy than going for the home run hire.

They hired Avery Johnson as HC- this is talking about as an asst job

Johnson85
04-09-2015, 05:47 PM
They hired Avery Johnson as HC- this is talking about as an asst job

Brain fart on my aprt. Read all the stuff about Johnson on the board the other day and just forgot. That would be a great person for Johnson to learn the recruiting aspects. Probably be a good gig for Stansbury too since he'd be closer to Starkville, which I assume he sill considers home.

I know Kennedy has trended up over the last few years, but surely it's weird for him to see somebody that owned him when they went head to head now working as an assistant for in conference opponent.

mic
04-09-2015, 07:40 PM
Who cares

Who F'ing cares....

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Avery Johnson sucks. Super nice guy. Shitty coach. Bama gonna be worse than Grant's teams the next five years.