PDA

View Full Version : Another commit!

MsStateBaseball
04-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Infielder Will Brooks 6-1 185 of Madison Central, class of 2016.

Drugdog
04-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Wow. Great family!!Solid kid. Dad is a big LSU guy. Maybe not anymore. Welcome to the Family.

messageboardsuperhero
04-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Todd can probably give us some good info about him.

Backspin
04-09-2015, 02:06 PM
6'1" 185 lbs. Plays SS for MC but projects as an OF. Currently batting .424 with 4 dbls, 1 triple and 2 HRs. Plays summer ball for East Coast Baseball. Hit 2 bombs with wood during summer game at Ole Miss last summer. PLays safety and returns kicks and punts for Jag football team. Will light you up on the football field. Runs 6.5 - 6.6 depending on running surface.

SouthMsDawg
04-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Let me guess, MLB draft risk.

smootness
04-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Get used to it, man. It's what the best programs do.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Get used to it, man. It's what the best programs do.

What's our retention rate with these draft risks as compared to other programs?

Backspin
04-09-2015, 03:02 PM

Not a draft risk.

smootness
04-09-2015, 03:04 PM

We really haven't had that many, so it's hard to say.

I would guess it's about average. Vandy obviously gets the most. But you see a ton of the top guys committed to places like UCLA, UNC, and FSU. So I'm sure their %s aren't great.

MsStateBaseball
04-09-2015, 03:12 PM
We may have changed tactics. We sign 10 draft risks, for instance, keep 4. Those 4 make an impact. We do this each year, in three years we have 4-6 high draftees. We win. Don't sign 2 draft risks, sign 8, keep 3. Genius!

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 04:16 PM
6'1" 185 lbs. Plays SS for MC but projects as an OF. Currently batting .424 with 4 dbls, 1 triple and 2 HRs. Plays summer ball for East Coast Baseball. Hit 2 bombs with wood during summer game at Ole Miss last summer. PLays safety and returns kicks and punts for Jag football team. Will light you up on the football field. Runs 6.5 - 6.6 depending on running surface.

Nicely done.

I do agree that he could be playing outfield for us- but I also think that there is a chance that he could also play 2B/3B/SS. He's the kind of player you find a spot for- I'm pretty excited about him.

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 04:21 PM

It's pretty good. Last year was the worst year in that we lost a guy that we did not expect to lose in Burdick. So, we lost both of our guys that were drafted last year.

The year before, we landed Hudson, Humphreys, and Paul Young. So, we didn't lose anybody.

Then before that we landed Robson and lost William DuPont.

I know Ole Miss last year lost Forbes, Fosters Griffin, and Cody Reed and the only draft pick that they landed was Tate Blackman. Vandy lost Touki Touissant, Dylan Cease, and Jordan Sheffield. I'm being a little bit lazy- but that's what I remember off the top of my head.

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 04:25 PM
We may have changed tactics. We sign 10 draft risks, for instance, keep 4. Those 4 make an impact. We do this each year, in three years we have 4-6 high draftees. We win. Don't sign 2 draft risks, sign 8, keep 3. Genius!

We have definitely changed tactics.

Our previous class had 10 JUCO guys in it. This year we have 1.

We're going back to what has worked for us in the past- find the top players in Mississippi and get them to MSU. Develop them and surround them with high end out of state talent. We're also dominating Memphis as well.

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 07:20 PM
8=======}

Saltydog
04-09-2015, 07:26 PM
nt

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Am I forgetting a bunch of draftees we've signed out of HS that went pro before ever playing here cause all I can think of is Sandberg, the Louisiana catcher and the 40th rounder? I'm sure I'm missing a bunch but you guys are suddenly expecting 6-7 a year that we'll lose? I'm no baseball recruiting expert but there isn't a shot in hell that we're signing good enough talent that we'd lose that many per year. Nobody losses seven a year. Vandy and LSU losing seven a year combined? Doubt it. That's a fu@k ton. We aren't signing the baseball version of Calipari's Kentucky. Some of yall need to take a break from the koolaid you're guzzling right now. How many gonna sign with us once they start catching wind that Cohenball is tee-ball with pretty uniforms? What good hitter wants to committ suicide to his swing by being forced to learn Cohenball offense? Miggy Cabrera wouldn't hit 10 HR with Cohenball technique.

The amount of players that we have lost to MLB is pretty much in this thread. We've been pretty good about getting guys into school. And yes, I would believe that Vandy and LSU lost seven in a year combined- or at least very close to it.

I'll tell you what good hitters want to come to MSU asshole- the one that just committed that you are trashing his thread. Like I said yesterday to have good hitting it takes TALENT. Just this week we have gotten one of the top hitters in Louisiana and one from Mississippi- both of whom were LSU fans at one point in time.

I know this is probably shocking to some of the idiots on this board like you- but our "hitting problems" just may not be all Cohen. But don't take my word for it- you can ask Eli Marrero who is willing to send his son to play for Cohen. You know- a guy that played MLB for quite a few years. Do you really think he would send his kid somewhere that he thought he wouldn't be developed with Miami, Florida, and Florida State literally in his backyard? Why would one of the top power hitting prospects in America from Colorado commit to Cohen if he didn't think he would be developed?

The real issue is we don't have any power. The other issue is we have morons like you that expect Cohen to turn a 5'9" 160 pound guy into an elite power hitter and are shocked when all they do is hit singles and *gasp* bunt.

If you want to see our offense change- you should encourage power hitters to come to MSU rather than say stupid shit- and then wonder why things don't get better. But then you wouldn't have anything to bitch like a woman about would you?

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 07:54 PM
nt

Brooks has zero bunts on the year per MaxPreps.

bobcat91
04-09-2015, 08:02 PM
The amount of players that we have lost to MLB is pretty much in this thread. We've been pretty good about getting guys into school. And yes, I would believe that Vandy and LSU lost seven in a year combined- or at least very close to it.

I'll tell you what good hitters want to come to MSU asshole- the one that just committed that you are trashing his thread. Like I said yesterday to have good hitting it takes TALENT. Just this week we have gotten one of the top hitters in Louisiana and one from Mississippi- both of whom were LSU fans at one point in time.

I know this is probably shocking to some of the idiots on this board like you- but our "hitting problems" just may not be all Cohen. But don't take my word for it- you can ask Eli Marrero who is willing to send his son to play for Cohen. You know- a guy that played MLB for quite a few years. Do you really think he would send his kid somewhere that he thought he wouldn't be developed with Miami, Florida, and Florida State literally in his backyard? Why would one of the top power hitting prospects in America from Colorado commit to Cohen if he didn't think he would be developed?

The real issue is we don't have any power. The other issue is we have morons like you that expect Cohen to turn a 5'9" 160 pound guy into an elite power hitter and are shocked when all they do is hit singles and *gasp* bunt.

If you want to see our offense change- you should encourage power hitters to come to MSU rather than say stupid shit- and then wonder why things don't get better. But then you wouldn't have anything to bitch like a woman about would you?

This is the freaking post of the year!

engie
04-09-2015, 08:17 PM

AMEN.

No one is saying we'll lose 7 in this class -- but there are about 10 guys that are real risks on the level that Hump, Lindgren, Collins, etc were risks... This upcoming class is as good as the 94 class if they show up IMO..

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 08:48 PM

Haha you mad bro? Mods feel free to delete my post. Todd has blown a gasket. Sorry Todd. Relax man.

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Haha you mad bro? Mods feel free to delete my post. Todd has blown a gasket. Sorry Todd. Relax man.

No, I'm not mad. I just think you are stupid.

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 09:08 PM
No, I'm not mad. I just think you are stupid.

Haha andddddddd you shit your pants. Cohenball got you on your period?

Todd4State
04-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Haha andddddddd you shit your pants. Cohenball got you on your period?

Hardly. I just have more class.

Dawg61
04-09-2015, 09:25 PM
Hardly. I just have more class.

Yup well I deleted it just for you Todd.

MaroonState
04-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Bro? It's bruh! Damn you can't even get your slang right. Ha