PDA

View Full Version : Softball has a decent chance at hosting

curmudgeon
04-09-2015, 10:13 AM
No. 22 in the RPI before last night's win over #1 LSU.

30-10 overall, 8-7 in the SEC. Nine remaining SEC games - all against teams lower in the standings (although this weekend's opponent -Missouri is #8 in RPI). They have four winnable non-conference games - South Alabama is a Top 25 team who is #27 in the RPI.

3-2 vs. RPI Top 15. If they can finish the regular season 10-4, they will likely be Top 12 in RPI and host a regional.

BulldogBear
04-09-2015, 12:43 PM
No. 22 in the RPI before last night's win over #1 LSU.

30-10 overall, 8-7 in the SEC. Nine remaining SEC games - all against teams lower in the standings (although this weekend's opponent -Missouri is #8 in RPI). They have four winnable non-conference games - South Alabama is a Top 25 team who is #27 in the RPI.

3-2 vs. RPI Top 15. If they can finish the regular season 10-4, they will likely be Top 12 in RPI and host a regional.

That would be great! I would go. Have we ever hosted one before?

Bama_Dawg
04-09-2015, 01:55 PM
The girls are rocking this year. I hope they host, they deserve it. Very clutch...all of 'em.

preachermatt83
04-09-2015, 07:44 PM
and this was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Vann is a heck of a coach ... Next year will be even better and this years frosh and soph will have a chance at winning a national championship before they leave..

MabenMaroon
04-09-2015, 08:05 PM
and this was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Vann is a heck of a coach ... Next year will be even better and this years frosh and soph will have a chance at winning a national championship before they leave..

I believe we got another power hitter, a very good OBP hitter and a solid pitcher on the way as well. Plus, I believe there are at least two players that red-shirted this year that could have contributed this year if needed

bobcat91
04-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Vann will be able to recruit with anyone once the new Softball facility is built. Women's sports, which sucked for so long at MSU, are definitely on the rise. Women's bb finished # 18, Golf is # 2, softball is moving up, track is top 25. We need tennis and VB to catch up and the programs will all be competitive.

dickiedawg
04-09-2015, 09:28 PM
I may be mistaken (wouldn't be the first time) but I'm of the understanding that we don't have the facilities to host, primarily because we arent fenced in and able to charge admission.
Now I suppose we could put up a temporary fence and set up a temporary ticket office, but I don't know that the ncaa would grant us a host if it required that- unless we were just a no-brainer based on on-field results.

Really Clark?
04-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Vann has done a great job since she has been here. But bringing in Ricketts as the hitting coach is already paying off big this year. Hopefully we can keep her for a while.

Howboutdemdogs
04-10-2015, 06:22 AM
We need to give this team the well deserved facilities that it deserves. Let's rush up the plans.

the59dawg
04-10-2015, 11:58 AM
We need to give this team the well deserved facilities that it deserves. Let's rush up the plans.

Got to be ready by next yr because we are hosting the SEC tourney 2016.

Howboutdemdogs
04-10-2015, 02:13 PM
We can't skip our rotation again. Facilities were the reason we elected to change our host date.