PDA

View Full Version : Redfish travel?

BeastMan
04-09-2015, 09:14 AM
http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2015/04/tagged_louisiana_redfish_takes.html

This redfish was tagged in LA near the rigolets at 18 inches and was recaptured in PASCAGOULA at 25 inches!!!! Wow

chainedup_Dawg
05-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Wow, never would've thought that. I miss my trips to Benice for redfish. I've got to get back to the coast!

Johnson85
05-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Maybe it's just because I don't fish a lot of redfish, but that doesn't surprise me. I've talked to guides that have said you can catch and release the same redfish in the same spot week after week, but I've also seen bull reds schooling and they looked like dolphins. They were really covering ground at the surface. The only thing that surprises me is that 25 inches would have been probably the smallest redfish with that group that we saw, so I wouldn't have expected them to cover that much ground between 18 and 25 inches.

BeastMan
05-12-2015, 02:48 PM
I guess the weirdest thing to me was his route as much as anything. One would think that a fish in the Rigolets area would stay over there in that area off the ICW or the MRGO or if he was going to travel he would swim to the Biloxi Marsh via Lake Borne. He came out the Rigolets and headed hard east!