PDA

View Full Version : Hate to tell my boy TUSK- but word leaking out of T-Town that this...

Coach34
04-08-2015, 05:43 PM
is Bama's worst Spring since Saban's 1st one.

@Georgia
@A&M
@State
@Aubarn

Wisky in Dallas to open
a salty Ole Missus D in T-Town against an inexperienced O will make this a close game again in the 4th
UPig
Improved Tenn
a physical LSU that might be getting a QB transfer

They are talented and coached well- but this green bunch Saban has is very vulnerable in 2015- could end up losing as many as 4 games

Dawgcentral
04-08-2015, 05:53 PM
If they lost only two regular season games, a great number of Bammers will fill up YouTube with videos calling for his public hanging.

TheRef
04-08-2015, 05:55 PM
If they lost only two regular season games, a great number of Bammers will fill up YouTube with videos calling for his public hanging.

PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLL

gravedigger
04-08-2015, 06:17 PM
Curious. How does one know this?

Good teams are trying to identify players, not develop continuity at this point. I'd be very skeptical if an offense was running over a defense as if they were ready for opening weekend. Likewise, the offense should be strong enough to make some yardage even if the defense is used to playing against it.

Point is, bad teams and good teams should look similar to all but one person. The one actually evaluating the individuals who are pressing for the starting roles.

I'm not saying your source is wrong, just questioning anyone's ability to know these types of things.

Also, I cant have you bursting Tusk's bubble too soon. He's fragile and sensitive and I need him in complete sucker mode come fall. This news could cost me a whole carton of Pall Mall's.

Coach34
04-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Curious. How does one know this?

Good teams are trying to identify players, not develop continuity at this point. I'd be very skeptical if an offense was running over a defense as if they were ready for opening weekend. Likewise, the offense should be strong enough to make some yardage even if the defense is used to playing against it.

Point is, bad teams and good teams should look similar to all but one person. The one actually evaluating the individuals who are pressing for the starting roles.

I'm not saying your source is wrong, just questioning anyone's ability to know these types of things.

Also, I cant have you bursting Tusk's bubble too soon. He's fragile and sensitive and I need him in complete sucker mode come fall. This news could cost me a whole carton of Pall Mall's.

Because one has coached for over 20 years and watched Bama practice during the Spring for the last 10 years. When he says the offense is having trouble even getting a pass off at times and it looks like Saban's 1st Spring at Bama- I believe him.

BulldogBear
04-08-2015, 06:55 PM

this^

starkvegasdawg
04-08-2015, 06:59 PM
PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLL
Updyke will poison every tree in the state.

NCDawg
04-08-2015, 07:02 PM
Think they have had no. 1 recruiting classes in the Nation for the past several years. It would be amazing if they lost 4 games. but sure hope they do.

defiantdog
04-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately, I'm fairly close to the Bama program..... gotta pay the bills. Bama's offense is struggling as they were last year in Spring practice. But that's to be expected with a lot of young faces seeing that side of the ball. I wish I could agree with you coach, but they're going to do what they do best. Look to see them going back to their roots this year..... more running, slow the game down. But, at the same time, having an unfavorable schedule may lead to 3 to 4 losses this year. It all depends on how they react to their first loss. You may get the #1 recruiting class each year, but that doesn't mean you're going to win the championship every year (i.e. Kentucky basketball).

TrapGame
04-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Damn, if Bama loses 4 games there will be trailer parks going up in flames from drunken fury.

Coach34
04-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately, I'm fairly close to the Bama program..... gotta pay the bills. Bama's offense is struggling as they were last year in Spring practice. But that's to be expected with a lot of young faces seeing that side of the ball. I wish I could agree with you coach, but they're going to do what they do best. Look to see them going back to their roots this year..... more running, slow the game down. But, at the same time, having an unfavorable schedule may lead to 3 to 4 losses this year. It all depends on how they react to their first loss. You may get the #1 recruiting class each year, but that doesn't mean you're going to win the championship every year (i.e. Kentucky basketball).

They arent going to be as good as they were this past year because of youth. All those Sr's and experience were huge for them with most of their big games at home- State and Auburn. at times in 2014. Now they are going to have green guys playing in huge games on the road. Sure they have talent- but so does Georgia, State, Auburn, and A&M playing on their home field. So does that Ole Missus D going against that green O.

Bama loses at least 3 in 2015

Todd4State
04-08-2015, 08:45 PM
They arent going to be as good as they were this past year because of youth. All those Sr's and experience were huge for them with most of their big games at home- State and Auburn. at times in 2014. Now they are going to have green guys playing in huge games on the road. Sure they have talent- but so does Georgia, State, Auburn, and A&M playing on their home field. So does that Ole Missus D going against that green D.

That and Blake Sims emerging into a pretty good QB for them. I think his mobility was one of the big reasons we lost to them. If they had McCarron, we would have gotten a few sacks but Sims was able to make some plays with his running and kept some other plays alive for them.

RBritt
04-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Who's the transfer Qb?

msstate7
04-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Who's the transfer Qb?

Coker?

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Coker?

I think he's referring to LSU. And if that's the case, I have no clue. I still think Harris wins the job over Jennings. At some point, Les is going to have to gamble on his talent over Jennings.

Coach34
04-08-2015, 10:08 PM
http://theadvocate.com/sports/11311184-32/rabalais-braxton-miller-imported-to

Everett Golson is being courted also

Todd4State
04-08-2015, 10:12 PM
http://theadvocate.com/sports/11311184-32/rabalais-braxton-miller-imported-to

Everett Golson is being courted also

I don't think Miller goes to LSU.

TUSK
04-08-2015, 10:54 PM
is Bama's worst Spring since Saban's 1st one.

@Georgia
@A&M
@State
@Aubarn

Wisky in Dallas to open
a salty Ole Missus D in T-Town against an inexperienced O will make this a close game again in the 4th
UPig
Improved Tenn
a physical LSU that might be getting a QB transfer

They are talented and coached well- but this green bunch Saban has is very vulnerable in 2015- could end up losing as many as 4 games

Daddio, Bammer's slate is straight up BRUTAL in comparison to the past couple years... We have been gettin crippled by injuries & criminals thus far, as well...

I've found that scheduling is the first place I start when predicting Ws & Ls....

I will say this, I'll take Saban's "3 & done" Freshman and take my chances at making the CFP....

<snif, snif> do I smell a potential wager from Coach 34????

Todd4State
04-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Daddio, Bammer's slate is straight up BRUTAL in comparison to the past couple years... We have been gettin crippled by injuries & criminals thus far, as well...

I've found that scheduling is the first place I start when predicting Ws & Ls....

I will say this, I'll take Saban's "3 & done" Freshman and take my chances at making the CFP....

As an outsider, I think Saban has gotten away from what made him successful at Bama in the first place. It seems like Bama is more about recruiting stars and they are overlooking the in state guys and guys that have talent and work ethic.

TUSK
04-08-2015, 11:07 PM
As an outsider, I think Saban has gotten away from what made him successful at Bama in the first place. It seems like Bama is more about recruiting stars and they are overlooking the in state guys and guys that have talent and work ethic.

Todd, that's an excellent observation... however, Bama was sliding in to a national recruiting phase years prior to Saban (read: when dubose/logan young were buyin em up)... bottom line is, Bama is giving up home recruiting turf for cats in CA, FLA & GA, etc... all these things also benefit MSU...

errbody wins!

TUSK
04-08-2015, 11:14 PM
They arent going to be as good as they were this past year because of youth. All those Sr's and experience were huge for them with most of their big games at home- State and Auburn. at times in 2014. Now they are going to have green guys playing in huge games on the road. Sure they have talent- but so does Georgia, State, Auburn, and A&M playing on their home field. So does that Ole Missus D going against that green O.

OH, Snap! 3 (THREE) regular season losses....? man, I may have to bite me off some of that...

Coach34
04-09-2015, 07:40 AM

i'll not make any bets before July-August, but I'm leaning heavily to this being the year we get that ass in Sville. I think we're gonna beat LSU and Bammer this year. My big worry games are Aubarn and UPig

BulldogBear
04-09-2015, 10:01 AM
i'll not make any bets before July-August, but I'm leaning heavily to this being the year we get that ass in Sville. I think we're gonna beat LSU and Bammer this year. My big worry games are Aubarn and UPigYep, some reference to smelling blood in the water might be appropriate but the 17ing Bearsharks will try to claim the reference.

TUSK
04-09-2015, 10:25 AM
i'll not make any bets before July-August, but I'm leaning heavily to this being the year we get that ass in Sville. I think we're gonna beat LSU and Bammer this year. My big worry games are Aubarn and UPig

yeah, that's reasonable... it's just every year someone (no necessarily you, Coach) talks about Alabama's youth, how many JRs they lost to the NFL, etc... and how they're gonna lose 3 or 4 games...

right now, I'd group or games based on difficulty as follows:

1-2) at Auburn, at UGA - slight fav/pickem
3-5) LSU, at MSU, Wisconsin - fav/slight fav
6-9) at A&M, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi - heavy fav/fav
10-12) OOC games - heavy fav

I'd consider making the SECCG and/or CFP a considerable success...

Coach34
04-09-2015, 02:35 PM
yeah, that's reasonable... it's just every year someone (no necessarily you, Coach) talks about Alabama's youth, how many JRs they lost to the NFL, etc... and how they're gonna lose 3 or 4 games...

Saban is awesome and Bama is talented- I just see this team as being the most vulnerable you guys have been in awhile
I see us having the best offense in the history of our school
I see Ole Missus having a Top 10-15 in the nation D and a really good WR group
Georgia will be good
Aubarn will be good
A&M should be dangerous

Your road slate is rough- and Auburn's lucky ass gets State, Bama, and Georgia at home.

Political Hack
04-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Bama will not win the west next year and they will struggle more than they have in recent years. 8 or 9 wins likely, which isn't good enough for their fan base.

Political Hack
04-09-2015, 02:48 PM

1. @Auburn, 2 LSU, 3-5. @MSU/@UGA/@A&M, 6. Arkansas, 7. Wisconsin, 8. Ole Miss, 9. UT, OOC.

That's how that should look. I think LSU is going to shock the world.

Dawgcentral
04-09-2015, 07:53 PM
I'd have to pick Arkansas as the shocker in the west.

Just have a feeling after what they managed to accomplish as last year progressed. I'm a big fan of winning the trenches.

TUSK
04-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Bama will not win the west next year and they will struggle more than they have in recent years. 8 or 9 wins likely, which isn't good enough for their fan base.

no.

Coach34
04-09-2015, 09:25 PM
no.

9-3 is best case

TUSK
04-09-2015, 09:34 PM
9-3 is best case

I'll take the "over" on that...

gravedigger
04-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Ok ticket and free nights lodging fir u and the missus if u and the inbreds are no more than 1 loss on bama msu eve. Deal?

gravedigger
04-09-2015, 11:20 PM
I want the iron bowl if i win

Westdawg
04-10-2015, 07:14 AM
I am predicting that the west will continue me down to Ark and MSU. The wildcard is A&M. LSU and Bama's offenses are not going to click well this year , OM and Aub are searching for QBs....I just have to think we will play at a high level this fall

thf24
04-10-2015, 08:10 AM
I am predicting that the west will continue me down to Ark and MSU.

I'm not sure Arky isn't going to take a step back. They're taking some huge losses on defense, and unlike us, they don't have the depth to allow them to recover as easily. They should be about the same on offense, so no boost there to make up for the likely deficiencies on defense.

Jack Lambert
04-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Think they have had no. 1 recruiting classes in the Nation for the past several years. It would be amazing if they lost 4 games. but sure hope they do.

Go back and look at Florida. They had several top 5 classes and the ended up sucking. Hell ND has had some big classes and they are not lighting the world up.

Jack Lambert
04-10-2015, 08:11 AM
I'm not sure Arky isn't going to take a step back. They're taking some huge losses on defense, and unlike us, they don't have the depth to allow them to recover as easily. They should be about the same on offense, so no boost there to make up for the likely deficiencies on defense.

Stop their Tight End and you stop their offense. Our DC just did not know how to to stop and good Tight End last season.

Covercorner2
04-10-2015, 08:32 AM
I am predicting that the west will continue me down to Ark and MSU. The wildcard is A&M. LSU and Bama's offenses are not going to click well this year , OM and Aub are searching for QBs....I just have to think we will play at a high level this fall

Auburn will be very good this year and I predict the West will come to to us and them, especially if they find some players in the secondary. Do not sleep on Jeremy Johnson....

AU
State
Bama
OM
LSU
Arkansas
A&M

TUSK
04-10-2015, 09:49 AM
I want the iron bowl if i win

You aren't ready for an Iron Bowl, Gravedigger... We'll do a Third Saturday In October, next...

You gotta be able to squeeze oranges before you Spike oak trees...

Coach34
04-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Updyke will poison every tree in the state.

If I had to pick it today:

1. Auburn
2. State
3. LSU
4. Bama
5. Ole Missus
6. A&M
7. UPig

All 7 West teams go bowling again