PDA

View Full Version : Has Engine gone into witness protection?

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2015, 11:52 AM
I thought for sure he'd be here gloating this morning about the ass kicking we put on Tiger High last night. Someone check on him, there's no way he'd miss an opportunity to say he was right all along and those of us who disagreed with his position are clueless over-reactors.

engie
04-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Oh look, the one game flip out, with an obsessed level high enough to start a new thread 18 hours later. The amount of space I occupy in your skull is hilarious to me...

I haven't gone anywhere. I'm sick of trying to teach baseball to a bunch of dumbasses that are clueless while still thinking they know the game. If they haven't learned from the past 4 years of Cohenball -- they damn sure are not going to learn now.

Thanks for checking in 6 days prior to the "check back" date though**

RougeDawg
04-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Oh look, the one game flip out, with an obsessed level high enough to start a new thread 18 hours later. The amount of space I occupy in your skull is hilarious to me...

I haven't gone anywhere. I'm sick of trying to teach baseball to a bunch of dumbasses that are clueless while still thinking they know the game. If they haven't learned from the past 4 years of Cohenball -- they damn sure are not going to learn now.

Guess you're the one who's simply failed to learn from the last 5 years of Cohen ball. The teams who made tourney and CWS run, all had one thing in common that this team doesn't, solid pitching and a lock down bullpen. Not to mention seasoned clutch all around hitters like Brett Pirtle, Adam Frazier, or Hunter Renfroe. Not to mention all of those guys learned how to properly hit away from Starkville and Oktibbeeha County. Your rhetoric in the past about our hitting guru has been unscathed because our bullpens on those teams could hold a "small ball" 1-3 run lead. Now that all facets of our game suck, the defficiencies cannot be covered up by an excellent pitching staff.

ETA: we will be lucky if A&M doesn't steamroll is 3 straight this weekend.They are solid too to bottom on offense and pitching.

Goat from MSU
04-08-2015, 12:32 PM
The amount of space I occupy in your skull is hilarious to me. Priceless ,Engie do you mind if I use this and if you do I use it anyway . Basketball now that's a Man's game.

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2015, 12:37 PM

Even Todd has abandoned you on the "we're going to make a regional" bandwagon. You're probably one of only two people who think we'll still "flip the switch" and make it, the other being MsStateBaseball. Meanwhile, the rest of us realize this team has no heart and our coaching has sucked.

And don't worry, I'll be back in 6 days after aTm kicks our ass in College Station. Yanking your chain is just too much fun to resist, whether it's today or a week from now.

MadDawg
04-08-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm sick of trying to teach baseball to a bunch of dumbasses that are clueless while still thinking they know the game. If they haven't learned from the past 4 years of Cohenball -- they damn sure are not going to learn now.

You have to give credit here. That's like Kanye West level ego right there.

HancockCountyDog
04-08-2015, 12:54 PM
As annoying as our team is, if we make a regional as a 3 seed, we will be a tough out.

Beyond that, I'm just not going to worry about our team this year.

Saltydog
04-08-2015, 12:59 PM
baseball sunshine pumper.

maroonmania
04-08-2015, 01:06 PM
While I still feel our program has bright days ahead under Cohen, the sunshine pump has run dry for this year. Yes, its theoretically possibly that we could still make a regional if a minor miracle happens but its not going to happen because this team just doesn't have the working parts to pull off something like that. I mean we have pretty good starting pitching on most nights but beyond that I'm not sure there is any part of this team that is above average.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-08-2015, 02:17 PM

He's obnoxiously optimistic..I had to quit following him on Twitter the other day, I couldn't handle anymore optimism.

TopDog58
04-08-2015, 02:34 PM

He's waiting on Rea and Humphreys to go on their double digit homerun tears at the same time. Only 35 team homers to go!

engie
04-08-2015, 02:35 PM
And don't worry, I'll be back in 6 days after aTm kicks our ass in College Station. Yanking your chain is just too much fun to resist, whether it's today or a week from now.

I'm glad you can't stop thinking about me. If you start 2-3 more threads on this -- I may bother to actually remember your thoughts on the matter.

You are prettymuch like Rogue when it comes to baseball -- background noise that isn't even worth arguing with or debating. You can't make a baseball post without going off the deep end -- he can't make a baseball post without regurgitating the Tom Emansky approach to hitting in excruciating detail -- thinking anyone is actually reading all the gibberish and attributing it to him knowing what he's talking about and in reality being a better hitting coach than John Cohen -- which he has inferred if not outright stated here many times.

engie
04-08-2015, 02:35 PM
You have to give credit here. That's like Kanye West level ego right there.

Thanks for reading**

Quaoarsking
04-08-2015, 02:40 PM
It was silly of Engie to insist that we would win last night in particular -- you never know in baseball and it left him open to threads like this.

Despite last night, however, the fact remains that we will make a Regional if we finish .500 in the SEC and won't if we don't. Our RPI will be fine if we take care of business.

engie
04-08-2015, 02:42 PM
The funniest thing is that I distinctly remember being one of the very first to call this a transition year for us in the preseason. All you had to do was glance at it and realize it was going to be a bridge team. But a bunch of you had your Omaha sunglasses on, hence your level of flip out now when reality struck. Yes, we have been worse than I hoped. Struggled worse in March than I hoped. Don't seem to have the "it" factor that was consistent in early Cohen teams. We do have talent. And the stuff that we have been failing at is mental -- making it a switch that can be flipped IMO. Most of Cohen's teams flip it about right now. So, we'll see. If he doesn't get it going in the next 4 games -- it'll be time for concern that the season is lost. Not beforehand. Getting swept in College Station will STILL help our RPI. Win 1 and we're inside top 100. Win 2 and we're in the 85 range, putting us right into striking distance of regional play.

And yes, I'm still in favor of getting rid of Mingione. Didn't like the hire and stated as much at the time. We should have a Cliff Godwin in that position -- not a decade-plus John Cohen errand boy.

MsStateBaseball
04-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Season not over. Anything can happen, including making a regional. Never give up. If you to be negative, have at it.

maroonmania
04-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Season not over. Anything can happen, including making a regional. Never give up. If you to be negative, have at it.

gravedigger
04-08-2015, 06:30 PM
The funniest thing is that I distinctly remember being one of the very first to call this a transition year for us in the preseason. All you had to do was glance at it and realize it was going to be a bridge team. But a bunch of you had your Omaha sunglasses on, hence your level of flip out now when reality struck. Yes, we have been worse than I hoped. Struggled worse in March than I hoped. Don't seem to have the "it" factor that was consistent in early Cohen teams. We do have talent. And the stuff that we have been failing at is mental -- making it a switch that can be flipped IMO. Most of Cohen's teams flip it about right now. So, we'll see. If he doesn't get it going in the next 4 games -- it'll be time for concern that the season is lost. Not beforehand. Getting swept in College Station will STILL help our RPI. Win 1 and we're inside top 100. Win 2 and we're in the 85 range, putting us right into striking distance of regional play.

And yes, I'm still in favor of getting rid of Mingione. Didn't like the hire and stated as much at the time. We should have a Cliff Godwin in that position -- not a decade-plus John Cohen errand boy.

I'm pretty sure I was pretty blind to all this but if we were all to make preseason guesses again, the most surprising contradiction is that our pitching staff is so much more mediocre than expected. Yea, most teams have benefitted from the new ball and we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot on offense, but I think Thompson saw this coming a mile away. In order to survive with the inflated numbers the opposing offenses are putting up, you have to posses an all American pitcher and closer. Neither of which we have. Sadly, I see Butch getting frustrated and leaving if things don't turn around. I sure hope Cohen changes his offensive strategy in the offseason. My question is will we have the where-with-all to hold on to Butch through this.

shoeless joe
04-08-2015, 06:46 PM
I'm glad you can't stop thinking about me. If you start 2-3 more threads on this -- I may bother to actually remember your thoughts on the matter.

You are prettymuch like Rogue when it comes to baseball -- background noise that isn't even worth arguing with or debating. You can't make a baseball post without going off the deep end -- he can't make a baseball post without regurgitating the Tom Emansky approach to hitting in excruciating detail -- thinking anyone is actually reading all the gibberish and attributing it to him knowing what he's talking about and in reality being a better hitting coach than John Cohen -- which he has inferred if not outright stated here many times.

Best post in the thread...

And I will have to defend engie just a little...even tho his MPSA pride is an almost un-overcomeable fault. Being a realist is not common on this board, over reactive ignorance however seems to be the norm. For the most part I think engie is realistic on this topic. This season had been somewhat disappointing, but if you didn't jump off the deep end thinking we were unbeatable after our start then you prolly aren't jumping off the deep end in the other direction now. I personally will be disappointed if this team doesn't show the grit and heart that most all Cohen teams exude, but it wasn't hard to see early on that some struggles were on the way. After all it's baseball...

Quaoarsking
04-08-2015, 08:27 PM
D1baseball has a bubble watch article that talks about us: http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/postseason-bubble-watch-week-9/

Unfortunately it's behind a paywall. Anyone have access?