PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Football Recruiting

BankerDog
04-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Ifonlyyouknew,

Would you mind giving us a position by position break down of our top prospects. Recruiting has been very quiet compared to this time last year.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2015, 11:29 AM
I'll try & others feel free to chime in & help me out

QB - Jalen Hurts & Sawyer Smith are our top 2 guys right now. Juwan Adams is still hanging around but he's behind the other guys.

RB - Not a need & I don't know if there is a RB who stands out right now. No guarantee we take 1

WR - AJ Brown is at the top of the board. I think we will get Jeriko Morris. That 3rd spot is tricky bc there are a lot of WR's to choose from. Daniel Crowell, Jordan Duncan, Isaiah Graham, Herb Mcgee, Quan Weaver, etc are all guys who are SEC caliber WR's

TE - Another spot that I don't think we need to take a guy but look like we will. Chris Ellington & Christian Roberson are the top 2

OL - We have 3 committed Nalls, Parker, & Champion. I think we take 2 more. Lashley will be a Dawg. I think we flip Raekwon Davis & me personally I think he is a future NFL RT. Now do we take 1 more just in case we keep Davis on defense. If so guys like Colton Prater, Malik Clark, Javous Bardney, & Gentle Williams could figure in

DL - Have 1 committed Caleb Tillman. I expect 6 DL. I feel very confident in Kobe Jones, Kaderrion Mason, Damion Dickens, & Deion Pope being Dawgs. That leaves Jeffery Simmons as our top target. Of course if a guy like Benito Jones or Derrick Brown wanted to come you make room but I'm not expecting either of those guys

LB - Maybe the hardest group to figure out. I don't see us taking more than 2 may only take 1. There really isn't a LB that stands out right now that we sit great with. Jeremiah Moon & Erroll Thompson may be the top 2 guys on the board right now

DB - We have 4 guys committed (Morgan-Walker, Lenton, Jones, & Durr). I think we take 2 more. Keshon Heard seems to be close to committing. Then we would wait out Nigel Knott.

ATH - There has been a lot of talk about Nero Nelson being close to committing. I think he does before the summer is up. Nero can play DB or WR similiar to Cam Myers last year

Speaking of Cam Myers I didn't list him bc I'm not 100% sold on him being able to get out in time for this class. If he does he's definitely a take. I didn't list Deshon Cooper either bc I just don't see where he fits with us anymore. He doesn't have the foot speed for LB anymore. Co-Lin has moved him to DE but I don't see the need for a Juco DE. It will be interesting to see what happens with Cooper.

msstate7
04-08-2015, 11:34 AM

QB - Jalen Hurts & Sawyer Smith are our top 2 guys right now. Juwan Adams is still hanging around but he's behind the other guys.

RB - Not a need & I don't know if there is a RB who stands out right now. No guarantee we take 1

WR - AJ Brown is at the top of the board. I think we will get Jeriko Morris. That 3rd spot is tricky bc there are a lot of WR's to choose from. Daniel Crowell, Jordan Duncan, Isaiah Graham, Herb Mcgee, Quan Weaver, etc are all guys who are SEC caliber WR's

TE - Another spot that I don't think we need to take a guy but look like we will. Chris Ellington & Christian Roberson are the top 2

OL - We have 3 committed Nalls, Parker, & Champion. I think we take 2 more. Lashley will be a Dawg. I think we flip Raekwon Davis & me personally I think he is a future NFL RT. Now do we take 1 more just in case we keep Davis on defense. If so guys like Colton Prater, Malik Clark, Javous Bardney, & Gentle Williams could figure in

DL - Have 1 committed Caleb Tillman. I expect 6 DL. I feel very confident in Kobe Jones, Kaderrion Mason, Damion Dickens, & Deion Pope being Dawgs. That leaves Jeffery Simmons as our top target. Of course if a guy like Benito Jones or Derrick Brown wanted to come you make room but I'm not expecting either of those guys

LB - Maybe the hardest group to figure out. I don't see us taking more than 2 may only take 1. There really isn't a LB that stands out right now that we sit great with. Jeremiah Moon & Erroll Thompson may be the top 2 guys on the board right now

DB - We have 4 guys committed (Morgan-Walker, Lenton, Jones, & Durr). I think we take 2 more. Keshon Heard seems to be close to committing. Then we would wait out Nigel Knott.

ATH - There has been a lot of talk about Nero Nelson being close to committing. I think he does before the summer is up. Nero can play DB or WR similiar to Cam Myers last year

Speaking of Cam Myers I didn't list him bc I'm not 100% sold on him being able to get out in time for this class. If he does he's definitely a take. I didn't list Deshon Cooper either bc I just don't see where he fits with us anymore. He doesn't have the foot speed for LB anymore. Co-Lin has moved him to DE but I don't see the need for a Juco DE. It will be interesting to see what happens with Cooper.

Good stuff. Thanks

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Good stuff. Thanks

Always nice when Dan takes time to keep the masses at ED informed.

hailmari
04-08-2015, 11:56 AM
Who was the other juco DT from MS we were recruiting at one point? I remember him from high school the same year as Pope but his name has left me.

Dallas_Dawg
04-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Ladarius Gallion? From West Point, at ICC now. Think he is one we are keeping warm

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Tre Brown DL from Choctaw County he's at Co-Lin now.

1bigdawg
04-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Who was the other juco DT from MS we were recruiting at one point? I remember him from high school the same year as Pope but his name has left me.

Ladarius Gallion from West Point??

chef dixon
04-08-2015, 12:23 PM
A little off topic but does anyone know where we stand with Cam Akers our of Clinton for 2017? Looks like this guy could be one of the best players in the nation for that year.

hailmari
04-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Gallion too. Tre Brown is who I was thinking about though.

War Machine Dawg
04-08-2015, 12:30 PM
A little off topic but does anyone know where we stand with Cam Akers our of Clinton for 2017? Looks like this guy could be one of the best players in the nation for that year.

No inside info, but I'd have to assume we're in very good position with him. I know for a fact we had coaches at multiple Clinton games last season. Plus I can't remember the last Clinton player we wanted that we didn't get.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2015, 12:35 PM

We sit well but he hasn't really gotten serious about recruiting yet. He's going to get so many more offers.

maroonmania
04-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Always nice when Dan takes time to keep the masses at ED informed.

Its what I love about Elitedawgs. I mean what other sports message board out there can you get recruiting info straight from the horse's mouth? :)

mic
04-08-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm

What's the word on Emmit Gooden.. I'm assuming We are behind Tenn...

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2015, 02:38 PM
Yea I'm not expecting Gooden. He also has a lot of work to do in the classroom. Not saying he won't make it but he's behind a good ways right now.

mic
04-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Yea I'm not expecting Gooden. He also has a lot of work to do in the classroom. Not saying he won't make it but he's behind a good ways right now.

Well I would love to Tenn to back off a little.. Their class can't be that big this year based on how many they signed last year.. Would love to sign and place this kid if he didn't make it...

1bigdawg
04-08-2015, 05:16 PM

Is the early exit to CoLin a possibility?

Todd4State
04-08-2015, 05:17 PM
I think we take a RB. We have too many offers out there and we have had two that de-committed earlier.

smootness
04-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Well I would love to Tenn to back off a little.. Their class can't be that big this year based on how many they signed last year.. Would love to sign and place this kid if he didn't make it...

Seems if they're going to have a smaller class, then they'll have more room to sign and place guys, too, no?

justwin
04-08-2015, 06:13 PM
what about the OL Jordan Harris from GA who signed with MSU two years ago whose in Juco now?

MabenMaroon
04-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Tre Brown DL from Choctaw County he's at Co-Lin now.

Was he the one from Ackerman High who didn't qualify? Saw him play a couple of years ago and he looked the part of an SEC d-lineman.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Was he the one from Ackerman High who didn't qualify? Saw him play a couple of years ago and he looked the part of an SEC d-lineman.

Yea that's him.

HancockCountyDog
04-08-2015, 07:50 PM
I hope we keep expanding our foot print into GA and LA.