PDA

View Full Version : Benardrick McKinney will be in Chicago

TheRef
04-06-2015, 10:23 AM
BMac has received an invitation to be in Chicago for the NFL Draft. That can only be good news for him.

AlSwearengen
04-06-2015, 10:29 AM
Good news

Ifyouonlyknew
04-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Better bring 2 suits just in case.

RossDawg82
04-06-2015, 10:35 AM
That's what Brady Quinn thought as well. Unless I knew I was going to be a top 5 pick, I wouldn't go.

HereComesTheSpiral
04-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Better bring 2 suits just in case.

Geno Smith approves this message.

RougeDawg
04-06-2015, 10:49 AM
That's what Brady Quinn thought as well. Unless I knew I was going to be a top 5 pick, I wouldn't go.

I would still think the overall experience would outweigh the potential of not getting called on stage. How many people dream of making it to the actual draft. I say let him and Dan go and show art these recruits what our program has to offer for even the under evaluated 3 star high school guys.

quickstrike2
04-06-2015, 10:54 AM
I would probably not go either unless top 10 was guaranteed. I know it would be a special moment to be there, but you could set up a really cool draft party anywhere. ESPN just feeds on the people that get stuck in these rooms (Rodgers, Quinn, Geno) and makes it worse for the guys.

BeastMan
04-06-2015, 11:04 AM
I'd go regardless of the risk for the experience

RougeDawg
04-06-2015, 11:11 AM
I would probably not go either unless top 10 was guaranteed. I know it would be a special moment to be there, but you could set up a really cool draft party anywhere. ESPN just feeds on the people that get stuck in these rooms (Rodgers, Quinn, Geno) and makes it worse for the guys.

There's one difference in those guys and McKinney, position. QB is one of the riskiest picks in the draft and teams are showing they'd rather take a defensive guy or lineman that can play right away over a guy who may not pan out. Teams are taking less and less chances on iffy QB's first couple rounds, than they did a decade ago. During up a need position has become the direction most teams go in the first couple rounds.

HSVDawg
04-06-2015, 12:35 PM
I must have missed that the draft is in Chicago this year. Why the move from Radio City / NYC? This is the first time I ever remember it not being there.

War Machine Dawg
04-06-2015, 03:04 PM
I must have missed that the draft is in Chicago this year. Why the move from Radio City / NYC? This is the first time I ever remember it not being there.

+1

Dallas_Dawg
04-06-2015, 04:17 PM
Maybe he and Preston both go in the first round. Who knows what will happen on Draft day.
A good scout probably knows how the 1B crap affected McKinney's stats. B-Mac's measureables are off the charts

TheRef
04-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Here is why the Draft was moved: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000404486/article/2015-nfl-draft-to-be-held-in-chicago

Basically...RCMH was booked for the weekend.

Howboutdemdogs
04-07-2015, 11:56 AM
How in the hell can the RCMH get booked out from underneath the NFL? It seems to me that one of the two parties did not want it to happen. This annual event doesn't slip ones' mind. There had to be reasons. Also, I like the idea of the draft being moved around to different markets. I am tired of seeing Jets and Giant's fans there in masses. Let others join in the fun.

Political Hack
04-07-2015, 12:35 PM
How in the hell can the RCMH get booked out from underneath the NFL? It seems to me that one of the two parties did not want it to happen. This annual event doesn't slip ones' mind. There had to be reasons. Also, I like the idea of the draft being moved around to different markets. I am tired of seeing Jets and Giant's fans there in masses. Let others join in the fun.

The NFL recently changed the date of the drafts. I'm sure that's why.